Poll

Should this Teamwounding Report System be Removed?

Yes remove this
No its useful

Author Topic: New Teamwounding Report System  (Read 13236 times)

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
Re: New Teamwounding Report System
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2011, 08:34:33 pm »
The new patch and changelog has brought with it the newst system where you now have the ability to report teamwounders in game, and if they have up to 5 reports on the person then they are kicked or 'penalized' yet this system as i have wwitnessed is easily absued and people who teamwound accidentally are penalized.

The system means that accidental, or purposeful teamwounds are dealt with, in combat both melee and ranged teamwounds happen in fact it is inevitable the result of this new system is going to lead in a few weeks large melees consisting of both teams charging at each other then waiting for the other playerbase to get kicked due to teamwounds, this is especially evident in siege where people run behind you whilst destroying ladders or doors and the result is you being reported, yet people purposefully stand behind people to get hit and then report them for a 'laugh'.

This system requires the playerbase of cRPG to act maturely and to put judgement over irrational thought, however many people in game see red writing it must be bad, press M as many times as you can oh the dudes just been kicked, or you have trolls who just run in get hit then report those that did the damage, even glances that do no damage lead to the same outcome. In 10 minutes of logging on to siege half of the text was people reporting one anoher, and around 2 people being kicked who were actually contributing to their team.

Apart from this detail the new patch and changelog is well received, and adds other benefits, so praise for the devs there however should this new report system be removed.

Discuss

^^ Sounds like a troll teamwounders bitching   :rolleyes: about chadz spiffy new anti troll measure..
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2011, 08:41:57 pm »
Another solution in search of a problem.

The only team hits I have a problem with are the intentional twers and tkers.  And they need more than a kick, they need a multi-day ban.
This is a good point, intentional teamkillers wont cry about a kick. You can still intentionally tk someone without punishment, as long as you kill him under 5 hits. Is it to make people more careful around teammates in combat? Should have done a gold/xp penalty.

Not sure why we need this.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2011, 08:48:21 pm »
This is a good point, intentional teamkillers wont cry about a kick. You can still intentionally tk someone without punishment, as long as you kill him under 5 hits. Is it to make people more careful around teammates in combat? Should have done a gold/xp penalty.

Not sure why we need this.

Or get more admins -______-'

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2011, 09:10:37 pm »
+1
I look forward to receiving complaints about people abusing this system and being unable to do anything about it.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2011, 09:29:18 pm »
+1
Seeing all that text anytime I get team wounded.. wowo.. almost as much fun as geting QML'd while fighting. But I am certain whoever coded it thinks it's the greatest thing eva!
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline YnScN

• Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: YnScN
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2011, 09:41:34 pm »
It's a good system, I have played it for an hour and i observed that tincan knights are reported the most. And also I dont have to wait for an admin or hope all people may vote 1 to bann the people who keeps killing me. Also lts in your hands, dont swing your weapon or shoot your bow carelessly. I also agree you should imply that horse bumb thing. I hate when they ride carelessly.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2011, 09:47:00 pm »
+2
MrShine's reasons why this is not going to be an effective solution to troll prevention:
- Trolls don't care about kicks; just hop in next round.
- Trolls now have new effective tools for griefing
   - Run into swings; report the teammate for wounding
   - Pissed that someone "stole" a kill in a round and you took a small amount of accidental team damage?  Report the teammate out of spite
   - Want to annoy the server?  Spam punches with a buddy in spawn and everyone gets to see your continuous report messages.

All the while we now have a bunch of  new gray area for admins to deal with:
- There is no way to distinguish "real" reports from "fake" reports, especially how glances and no-damage punches/kicks are reportable
- Playerbase will very quickly become desensitized to the constant fake reports, and real intentional attacks will STILL require 'i' chat to actually make admins pay attention
- At what point do reporters now need to be monitored?  Will admins actually need to step in and punish players who are misusing the report function?  How do you define that or make a case for this?
-Oh yeah horse bumps/ attacking horses currently doesn't trigger the message, so it may become easier for griefers to hide their actions.

In conclusion, nothing is fixed. Admins still won't have firm ground to punish people based on the messages, 'i' chat will still be required to actually lock in on true trolls, it's just that admins and the rest of the community will need to sort through a bunch of shit from people who misuse the function. 

My solutions/recommendations:
-It's ok to keep it, but hide the actual reporting from the entire server, and instead make it optional for admins to turn on so THEY can view the reports, but leave it INVISIBLE for everyone else, including the person who is reported for the team wounding
-REMOVE the 'M' option from non-damaging attacks so people can't be reported for friendly kicks/punches that do no damage
-Remove the 'auto-kick' function at 5/5 reports. Instead just leave it as something admins can be aware of.

Implementing my solutions will make this far less obnoxious to players in general, while serving as a possible indicator for admins.  If the report isn't shown to the entire server it won't be as "funny" for people to report for jokes (people may still spite report people for accidental ones but admins should quickly be able to determine what those are).
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2011, 09:53:22 pm »
Wonder how much server side lag this is causing. I just swung at a guy, turned and took two steps then he died.
Alas nodachi
a tin can's hatchet.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2011, 10:34:00 pm »
+1
i get a lot of horss bumping and this is really a abuse!!!!!! They know that horse bump doesn't get report so he keep bumping me, he wants me to hit him back so he can report me instead...i wear peasant armour so i lose a lot of health...how sad

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2011, 10:50:11 pm »
+6
You have been insulted in Chat, press 'C' to report it.

Press 'N' to report an offensive name.

Some jerk is mix and matching weebo gear with euro stuff... press 'O' to report this fashion faux pas.
Alas nodachi
a tin can's hatchet.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2011, 11:02:28 pm »
+1
Zisa I spammed the crap out of, nothing! NOTHING! My eyes still burn at the sight of a thousand idiots in Kuyaks and the disgusting sight of people mixing and matching weaboo gear with god knows what.

WHY! WHY DO YOU PEOPLE DO THIS TO ME! MY TORMENTORS! WHY!
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2011, 11:28:39 pm »
I have already been kicked through this system earlier this evening, after someone reported five loving punches he received. :)

I think it is a good way to get rid of intentional team-killers when there are no admins around.

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • It isnt sufficient that I succeed-others must fail
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shadowren_ATS
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2011, 11:43:01 pm »
Its a good system but you know people will abuse it like everything else.  :D

The new system is kinda like a double edge sword, you can get cut from both sides.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Away with you, vile beggar.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2012, 12:17:49 am »
+1
I look forward to receiving complaints about people abusing this system and being unable to do anything about it.
I'm rather confident you can kick/ban people abusing this system just like you can kick/ban people abusing other systems.

Considering everybody can see the text, it will actually be easy to identify people abusing the system. Then admins can go watch them just like they watch TKers. The biggest difference between abusing this system and teamwounding is that it's a lot harder to abuse this system because you actually have to convince the other person to hit you. Consequently, intelligent players like me won't be kicked by griefers. Of course, players of lesser intelligence that don't learn after they've received a warning will still be valid prey.

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2012, 12:37:20 am »
I like the new report system. Imo, even if you get reported for every accidental teamhit you deserve a punishment if you make 5 teamhits turning a map. Sure, shit happens, that is why your allowed 4 mistakes but if you can't keep it lower then 5 then you simply need to change your playstyle a bit and be more considerate with other players, with this system that might happen.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 12:39:32 am by Cyber »