Poll

Should this Teamwounding Report System be Removed?

Yes remove this
No its useful

Author Topic: New Teamwounding Report System  (Read 13928 times)

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
Re: New Teamwounding Report System
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2011, 04:28:57 pm »
+1
People of Caladria, the fine and honorable art of kicking people in ther respective ballsacks is becomming instinct! Introduce reports only when you take actual damadge!

Also the ability to report friendly horsebumps
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 04:30:55 pm by Fluffy_Muffin »
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2011, 04:31:18 pm »
People of Caladria, the fine and honorable art of kicking people in ther respective ballsacks is becomming instinct! Introduce reports only when you take actual damadge!

You take damage from every and any hit, it may only be 1hp but its still damage so that line of thought doesnt overly work

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2011, 04:34:19 pm »
couple of further thoughts - its showing up the real spammers and i think it should be auto to avoid animosity

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, 04:35:26 pm »
+2
This new "system" of "team-wounding report" is making a mockery out of this mod. Man up for Christ's sake (Christ not Christo). I'd rather hit 'em back and earn a ban then waste time on "reporting" like some sissy. Or just swallow it and pause a round.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2011, 04:39:58 pm »
+1
You take damage from every and any hit, it may only be 1hp but its still damage so that line of thought doesnt overly work

Armoured people dont take damadge from fists and kicks, you can kick them for 10 days they wont die
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2011, 04:52:10 pm »
The easiest to deal with it is to do like other game do. Only make Teamkill reportable and not teamwound.
With tk it should be 3 report to kick

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2011, 05:08:20 pm »
+1
How is this so abusable? You would first have to teamhit 5 times before you get kicked, a kick isn't all that bad.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2011, 05:09:04 pm »
+1
It should only be tks. Why the hell introduce it for team wounding? Something that happens constantly in a game where sharp weapons are being swung in large groups. Bit of a douchey idea really. There was no need for it at all.

Offline SquishMitten

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Mew, Kitty + many more
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2011, 05:13:27 pm »
+1
How is this so abusable? You would first have to teamhit 5 times before you get kicked, a kick isn't all that bad.
I find you on my team, I follow you around so every time you take a swing you bounce off me, I get you kicked
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

In memory of Merciless_Mew, member of Merciless, ruler of Istiniar

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2011, 05:24:01 pm »
Suggestion: Add Friendly Horse Bump to the report system + Getting shot by team mate.

Offline Mosquito

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2011, 05:27:57 pm »
I can only think of one way to change this system slightly. How about making it a bit more like the system they use for line-call appeals in tennis ie each player can only use so many in a map? i would personally set the limit at 4 so no-one can actually get anyone else kicked immediately because that is what admins are for? BUT if some little scroat is actually intentionally teamwounding the 'blackmarks' will add up as they don't usually confine their efforts to 1 player over a whole map.

If it turns out to be a genuine case of griefing ie the teamwounder ends up kicked, the 'plainiff' (persons that made the reports) get their uses back, if not they don't?

Sounds fairer to me, but i have no idea if it would be implementable.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2011, 05:43:02 pm »
Would it be hard to do if:

Said person get warned with M 3 times from 3 different people a message gets instantly posted in irc stating said server, player accused and people who warned him?

This way admins will still have the power over kicks but people can warn them if they are not in the server.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2011, 05:57:53 pm »
+1
Make penaltymessages readable only for admins, trigger for admins is at 3/5 penalties, before just between the 2 parties/persons involved. Fixes chatissue and general crucification of the accused.

I agree with this, and would go so far as to say that this should be made known ONLY to admins and shouldn't have any inherent repercussions for the player.  A beacon if you will, something to let admins know to keep an eye on some people.

I've said in the past putting some sort of penalty on team wounds is not a good idea because of how it would make it easier for griefers and trolls, and already I see people being reported left and right.  Granted everyone wants to play with a new feature but... I tested it out and you can report someone for hitting you but dealing no damage (IE friendly punches & kicks to heavily armored players).

Without proper admin oversight this is just going to be a worthless feature.  If someone is legitimately team wounding a kick isn't going to do anything to deter them.  Admins are going to need to step in ANYWAYS to actually enforce some sort of punishment.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2011, 05:58:02 pm »
Played for 3 hours as 1h and 2h alts, made a reasonable amount of kills so I was fighting.

I teamhit twice (possibly 3 times), and teamkilled once and was never reported.

I was teamhit at least 30 times and never reported. Did not realise just how often you get teamhit. If certain people continue repeatably teamhitting me, even accidentally, I will start reporting just so they know they are doing it.

If people are sensible I think this will work.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2011, 06:05:31 pm »
After playing for a couple of hours the system actually turned out to be quite nice, although I myself went to forum and wrote something like "What did you think when you put that system in?"  :/

At the beginning people just spammed that stuff, but afer a couple of hours people started only to use it when the hit was intentional or when it was out of total idiocy (means you are on a wall, fightin an enemy and the teammate behind just hits you because he wants to hit something or whyever he did it  :rolleyes: ).   That way people who really deserve it get punished. And it's also hard to abuse as people can only vote once per hit. If a guy gets accused by the same person for several times he should maybe wake up and start timing his hits instead of spamming them  :rolleyes:

Of course you can abuse it as someone wrote about Bald_300....But for that you still have admins ;)

And that system actually could make it a bit easier for admins to do their job. If people say someone is teamhitting at spawn or whatever and they see that message pop up, accusing the same person over and over again, they don't need to spec that person for minutes. Just instawarn that guy and kick if he doesn't stop ;)

In my opinion:  Thumbs up, good idea. Slight fixes about it can be done later^^