Author Topic: Crush-Through on Bar Mace and Long Iron Mace  (Read 19200 times)

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
Re: Crush-Through on Bar Mace and Long Iron Mace
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 01:20:32 am »
+1
Sorry, I use either a 2her, or polearm depending on my character.  No shield.  Crush through is bullshit.  It crushes through my chamber blocks, and THAT is completely retarded.

There's no legitimate counter to that point. +1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Blackstone

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cimmirian
  • Game nicks: Blackstone
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 01:31:01 am »
Why take away a core function of the item, rather than re-balance the heirlooms to ensure that they don't get 90% crush-through.

Agreed
A warrior moves through the world all day, yet he himself is unmovable.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 02:57:42 am »
Problem is, those items cannot be outspammed, and crushing with them require minimal skill.

IF crushing would kick in only with speed bonus and only with chambered attack and only with sweet spots, it would be ok (if it would deal something around 1/5 hp). Why, you ask me ? Because crush weapon user would be unable to do repeated attacks with his crushing weapon, and IT is real problem of crush mechanic.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline NoSBoH

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 09:36:08 am »
Ok so I was just playing a siege map, as attacker.  At the top of the ramp, stands 4 guys ALL the top of their team.  With guess what barmace long iron mace ect.  We never even got on the walls.  Overhead attack after overhead attack  It was one of the worst times I've had playing this mod.  It's starting to become very frustrating to even bother with this.  Needs fix ASAP, come on now!

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 10:04:43 am »
This is yet another interesting thread about CT.

Anyways, i was playing 2her for few gens, and i used mostly swords, but when i met agi stacker with shield, how else to counter than crushtrough? And yeah, not every turtle is falling for feinting and such, so it was quite hard to beat them (managed to learn some tricks now tho, so sometimes i get them :P). While i was getting annoyed by shielders, i rolled one, just to get bashed upon with barmace countless times WITHOUT ANY CT at all! That is why i think its OK. If you spec high str, you SHOULD BE ABLE to have more reliable CT, as u put efficiently more power to the hit, shouldnt you?

CT going thru chambers is bollocks tho, i agree on that

Edit: just dont go with nerf CT when u get pwned by str stacker (and yes, there are such people around these days)

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kerin__Grahm_BRD, Linden_BRD, secretary of BRD
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 08:51:24 pm »
I have 30 str and 10 powerstrike and I sacrificed 7 iron flesh to try out 12 agil and 4ath 3 wpm I am fairly easy to kill compared to my previous build but Regardless I move balls ass slow that is my tradeoff I get wrecked by ranged v.v

Offline ViiKOLD

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2011, 09:14:07 pm »
I have 30 str and 10 powerstrike and I sacrificed 7 iron flesh to try out 12 agil and 4ath 3 wpm I am fairly easy to kill compared to my previous build but Regardless I move balls ass slow that is my tradeoff I get wrecked by ranged v.v
Second that. It just pisses off ppl that they got killed in one hit but it dosn't make str builds op. Even with 10PS, chances to do CT, with bar mace are very small, compared to maul and mallet. I'm playing such char right now and it's way more efficient to use sword than bar mace, and mallet\maul is really effective only against shielders.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 09:28:02 pm »
Second that. It just pisses off ppl that they got killed in one hit but it dosn't make str builds op. Even with 10PS, chances to do CT, with bar mace are very small, compared to maul and mallet. I'm playing such char right now and it's way more efficient to use sword than bar mace, and mallet\maul is really effective only against shielders.

Have you possess loomed barmace? No ? So stfu. Besides, even all STR barmace cannot be outspammed by others.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline ViiKOLD

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2011, 09:35:21 pm »
Have you possess loomed barmace? No ? So stfu. Besides, even all STR barmace cannot be outspammed by others.
  :lol: kids are so rude these days. So you saying that loomed bar mace has much greater damage than great maul? Other way it won't give you CT more often.
If that's the case then mechanics is clearly broken, but str builds are still easy to defeat, there are few ppl who can play them effectively so don't see a problem with CT in general.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 09:40:28 pm by ViiK »

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2011, 09:46:08 pm »
  :lol: kids are so rude these days. So you saying that loomed bar mace has much greater damage than great maul? Other way it won't give you CT more often.
If that's the case then mechanics is clearly broken, but str builds are still easy to defeat, there are few ppl who can play them effectively so don't see a problem with CT in general.

No, i am saying that it have 100% chance for lolcrush with good build, and cannot be outspammed. Damage and weight are factors, with looming both go up.

41b.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 09:52:27 pm by UrLukur »
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline ViiKOLD

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2011, 09:52:12 pm »
No, i am saying that it have 100% chance for lolcrush with good build, and cannot be outspammed. Damage and weight are factors, with looming both go up.
Souns like a bullshit. What is "good" build? Mind sharing specs of build and weapon stats that give you 100% CT ?

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2011, 09:53:24 pm »
Souns like a bullshit. What is "good" build? Mind sharing specs of build and weapon stats that give you 100% CT ?

Triple loomed barmace, 30/12. 10 ps if i remember right.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline ViiKOLD

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2011, 10:03:33 pm »
You don't remember your own build?

Offline Vygar

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vygar_PxC, Divinicus_PxC, Tegashi_PxC
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2011, 10:09:28 pm »
This is yet another interesting thread about CT.

Anyways, i was playing 2her for few gens, and i used mostly swords, but when i met agi stacker with shield, how else to counter than crushtrough? And yeah, not every turtle is falling for feinting and such, so it was quite hard to beat them (managed to learn some tricks now tho, so sometimes i get them :P). While i was getting annoyed by shielders, i rolled one, just to get bashed upon with barmace countless times WITHOUT ANY CT at all! That is why i think its OK. If you spec high str, you SHOULD BE ABLE to have more reliable CT, as u put efficiently more power to the hit, shouldnt you?

CT going thru chambers is bollocks tho, i agree on that

Edit: just dont go with nerf CT when u get pwned by str stacker (and yes, there are such people around these days)

Get an axe.  You can hack through any shield relatively quickly.  Why is it that folks tend to want 1h/shield players to become easy kills all the time?

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2011, 10:10:00 pm »
You don't remember your own build?

I don't use barmace, check out my build in build thread.
"Clava curva pie vinco"