Author Topic: Teamplay, how can we resurrect it?  (Read 11028 times)

Offline Mosquito

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Teamplay, how can we resurrect it?
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2011, 05:07:35 pm »
The ONLY thing that makes leaders credible and great (ie ppl wil voluntarily follow what they tell them to do) is when folks see that there is a benefit to it. In my view it works a bit like this, please shout up if you think similarly:

1)Some idiot is shouting in chat about do this, or this that.....hhhm?

2)some ppl did what that idiot said, hahahahahaha!!!!

3)omfg it worked, we won / nearly won etc

4)hmmm, i'll listen / do to what they tell me this time............*charismatic tactical genius has been born*

Obviously this requires some luck on behalf of the leader!

I can only think of 2 people who really pushed themselves forward to lead a pubbers group (battle game) one was so bad/ unlucky/ whatever that i can't reember his name. Other was Phazh i would listen to him as i know that when his 'orders' are  followed it sometimes works. What i'm saying is that its all about the results.

New fashion for swapping out of losing teams will not help your drive for teamplay Thomek btw.

Voting for a leader each round would take too long unless it was like a 2-3 choices of candidate for general done like a kick poll of people that had somehow put themselves forward outside the main game screen to go in a 'warlord's pool' or something from which the voteable candidates are drawn. i'm sure if they thought about it most clans would have some such Odysseus type figure to put forward so as not to affect the banner balance too much.

What is written about K/D by likes of Gisbert above is correct, these high K/D heros are perhaps more like the Achilles of the Homerian story than the Odysseus we need?

« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 05:14:25 pm by Mosquito »

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2011, 05:56:49 pm »
Athough is has long gone - XP and gold once were only earned by sticking together and killing enemies - one effect of this was that the team actually stayed closer together -

But it totally sucked for ranged and cavalry, as they are usually either behind their team or attacking the flanks :/

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 01, 2012, 04:17:18 pm »
Teamplay, how can we resurrect it?

Simple: By systematically revamping the entire game from the laggy, buggy, gear crutching, build copying pile of shite that it is and also by murdering the people who vote down this post.
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2012, 04:22:38 pm »
Simple: By systematically revamping the entire game from the laggy, buggy, gear crutching, build copying pile of shite that it is and also by murdering the people who vote down this post.

Whoa.

So radical. I like it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2012, 05:14:44 pm »
You think a lot worse of this game than it is, I think its just not your type of game.

Offline verinen

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Verinen
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2012, 05:19:15 pm »
+1
Buff cav speed, significantly nerf maneuverability= more charges, no plane-gameplay (hit n' run)

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2012, 05:20:58 pm »
+2
Buff Infantry's intelligence
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2012, 06:34:57 pm »
+2
Have to say, this new auto balance really fucks with this idea. Yesterday afternoon half the server was being switched team every single round. I didn't play a single consecutive round in the same team. Having any form of teamwork/leadership with that happening really won't work.

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2012, 06:38:37 pm »
+1
warning: content siege tactic

in c-rpg we got one thing: construction site.  now the only use for it is blocking the way...
but, if we could buff it a bit by adding some (a lot) of hp to the building, it would be awesome!
imagine: catapult sending rock of fury into castle, healing tent where line of wounded ppl could go see a surgeon, siege tower attacking the castle.
that could be epic! true siege indeed!

also, if we could add THIS to con site capability... omg... power!

(the tower is from WWII china mod (bad mod with some great construction idea)

imagine the possibilites!

edit:
Have to say, this new auto balance really fucks with this idea. Yesterday afternoon half the server was being switched team every single round. I didn't play a single consecutive round in the same team. Having any form of teamwork/leadership with that happening really won't work.

true that: trying to built a catapult in this condition is impossible!
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline bonekuukkeli

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Xawi_von_Perkele
« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2012, 09:25:23 am »
This new balancing system makes it impossible to plan any teamwork at all. About every round you are switched to other side. And when round starts... no-one is listening suggestions anymore, those are done in dead-chat.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2012, 09:33:44 am »
Buff Infantry's intelligence

This.
Bloody blind & unaware infantry can't even look around them and then they cry about getting picked off by enemy cav or bumped/slashed by their own. Zeka fakiri at it's best.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2012, 11:32:08 am »
You think a lot worse of this game than it is, I think its just not your type of game.

I think it was my type of game, but then they released a bunch of patches which first deleted all my chars,(and I dont mean the really old patches where you lost your char every few days), but fine I got over that, then reduced my experience in the game to something akin to a 1940's black and white movie, in that it became stop motion and hard to follow without any reasons or solutions and I possess a pc capable of making BF3 cry with tears at its own beauty, as well as a connection so stable you could bounce rocks off it.

The changes to the balance was just the proverbial icing on the cake.

ps: Incidentally I would like to know what type of game you believe I like. That isnt meant sarcastically, I would like the observation.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 11:48:36 am by Templar_Ratigan »
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2012, 01:38:17 pm »
I think it was my type of game, but then they released a bunch of patches which first deleted all my chars,(and I dont mean the really old patches where you lost your char every few days), but fine I got over that, then reduced my experience in the game to something akin to a 1940's black and white movie, in that it became stop motion and hard to follow without any reasons or solutions and I possess a pc capable of making BF3 cry with tears at its own beauty, as well as a connection so stable you could bounce rocks off it.

The changes to the balance was just the proverbial icing on the cake.

ps: Incidentally I would like to know what type of game you believe I like. That isnt meant sarcastically, I would like the observation.
Something with completely unique character building or something. 

If its as laggy and unstable for you, you should take a look at some of the optimization mods that have been made, heard great things about them. Or reinstalling the game, it runs fine for me.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2012, 01:49:45 pm »
+1
imagine: catapult sending rock of fury into castle, healing tent where line of wounded ppl could go see a surgeon, siege tower attacking the castle.
imagine the possibilites!
This is my kind of guy.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2012, 03:27:09 pm »
This:
If its as laggy and unstable for you, you should take a look at some of the optimization mods that have been made, heard great things about them. Or reinstalling the game, it runs fine for me.

And this:
I possess a pc capable of making BF3 cry with tears at its own beauty, as well as a connection so stable you could bounce rocks off it.

Don't mix, since the optimization mods are designed to make M&B playable on very low end pc's and laptops.
If I remember correctly, he allready tried reinstalling multiple times.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)