Author Topic: CROSSBOWS.  (Read 4750 times)

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: CROSSBOWS.
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2011, 06:22:54 pm »
Yeah for sure, just nerf everything, that has to do with ranged, again :rolleyes:
Archers are the main cause of increasing (and it's not stopping so far) ranged spam, xbowmen on the other hand are their main counter in the infantry department, but since not everyone wants to go pure crossbow build, they take lighter crossbows and lower wpf to counter archers. By the end of the day what we get is a roof full of people, most of whom made ranged characters to actually counter other ranged, but it's non -ranged classes that suffer from this the most. As for archers accuracy - it's easier to snipe people with bows in warband than to shoot them with guns in bf3.

My reason  for the  increased cav prices  is if the ranged get nerfed but the amount of cav stays , ranged are pretty much screwed. Screwed ranged = ifantry getting decimated by cav. By increasing the prices for horses cavalry players will have to go infantry more often due to upkeep, therefore lowering the amount of cav.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 01:10:20 pm by Ujin »

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2011, 08:30:11 pm »
if it nerfs cav, im for it
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Okkam

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2011, 12:38:35 pm »
Our balance team like suggesting about historical facts.

Please, show any proof of the accuracy of the medieval crossbow!

ATM this this miracle of medieval thought shoots as precision rifles.
And this is clear bullshit with unstable flight of short arbalests bolts.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2011, 01:16:44 pm »
WHY DONT YOU SHOW YOUR PROOFS FIRST?

Also, please discuss arbalest accuracy with our crossbow "expert" DaveUKR.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2011, 02:01:18 pm »
People seem to miss this whole thing that was invented millennia ago. Made of wood, some times steal. Really useful in... damn it what's that thing called?

FUCK!

Oh yeah a battle... A SHIELD! ITS A SHIELD. That's right you use a shield to stop people from shooting you in the face. You are not god, this isn't a rambo simulator in which you pwn everything and dance around screaming "I am so great, I am so great."

If this is your wish, crack open SP, export char, set str to over 9000 and agi to 600 and run around naked gutting armies like a Japanese fish factory employee. Knife a go in, guts a come out. That's what franks fish concern is all about.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Okkam

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2011, 02:06:13 pm »
SO? YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY PROOF, RIGHT?

I know who is DaveUKR, doubt that he is an expert in this case.
If I'm wrong, I am happy to look at his proofs.

FRANK_THE_TANK
don't you know, that we have high probability, that  bolt can penetrate shield in this game?

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2011, 02:34:49 pm »
Players who overplayed the game / mod mostly asking for changes in an  unfriendly, offensive manner.

Devs react in their typicall "i cant hear this shit anymore", bitchy manner....:-)

As far as I remember, ranged always annoyed melee, and I also remember times much worse then the current situation....

Its not perfect, but okay.

On the other hand, what do I know :-)

Offline Ujin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2011, 02:47:48 pm »
Players who overplayed the game / mod mostly asking for changes in an  unfriendly, offensive manner.

Devs react in their typicall "i cant hear this shit anymore", bitchy manner....:-)

As far as I remember, ranged always annoyed melee, and I also remember times much worse then the current situation....

Its not perfect, but okay.

On the other hand, what do I know :-)
Wrong , whatever the manner the players use to communicate, devs either reply with trolling or "i can't hear this shit anymore" attitude . =)

I really don't think my suggestions are that harsh, they're just aimed at lowering the amount of ranged which appeared to counter other ranged in the first place.

P.S. to the smartass # 34242324 with the "use the shield* argument - nope.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2011, 02:54:50 pm »
Wrong , whatever the manner the players use to communicate, devs either reply with trolling or "i can't hear this shit anymore" attitude . =)

I really don't think my suggestions are that harsh, they're just aimed at lowering the amount of ranged which appeared to counter other ranged in the first place.

P.S. to the smartass # 34242324 with the "use the shield* argument - nope.

Rolf Get a shield lmao noob learn2play:!: :!:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 03:07:21 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2011, 03:27:48 pm »
What I was making fun of was that Okkam wants a change of the status quo and loudly demands proofs why it is how it is now. These are the methods of creationists. Sadly for him it doesn't work that way. If you want to change something you have to deliver the proofs that confirm your point of view.

For Ujin:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Ujin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2011, 03:42:32 pm »

For Ujin:
(click to show/hide)

The amount of crossbows on the battlefield has definetly been increasing during the last couple of months, it's not in my head, i take my pills every day.

I had all types of characters throughout my cRPG career, including archer and xbow, so no thanks . Gotta say though, many other crpg players are following your advice  as we speak, without even seeing it.

Why don't you guys just remove the ladders/slow down the ranged classes / pick any other option out of the numerous suggested  and see how it goes ?

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2011, 03:52:42 pm »
+1
People seem to miss this whole thing that was invented millennia ago. Made of wood, some times steal. Really useful in... damn it what's that thing called?

FUCK!

Oh yeah a battle... A SHIELD! ITS A SHIELD. That's right you use a shield to stop people from shooting you in the face. You are not god, this isn't a rambo simulator in which you pwn everything and dance around screaming "I am so great, I am so great."

If this is your wish, crack open SP, export char, set str to over 9000 and agi to 600 and run around naked gutting armies like a Japanese fish factory employee. Knife a go in, guts a come out. That's what franks fish concern is all about.

i just love when somebody mention shield.. and then i see shielder moving to the archer with raised shield and still die from headshoot...

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2011, 03:58:49 pm »
+2
Why the hell do you call me an "expert" of crossbows? I'm not. I just had my A+ mark on physics in school. Bow just can't be more accurate than an crossbow, no matter how good you are with your bow.

You're playing the game which can't calculate all the factors and some of game mechanics were made for native so they can't be actual for crpg. I'm all for nerfing/changing all ranged weapons. Read my other thread.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2011, 04:02:34 pm »
So you are ok with reducing arbalest accuracy by a good amount?

Edit: I'm all for removing ladders from battle because it creates a wrong image of how strong ranged really is in cRPG.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 04:14:53 pm by Paul »

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2011, 04:19:00 pm »
+2
For Ujin:
(click to show/hide)

Indeed Ujin, you should listen to this wise developer who knows everything, even the reason itself why i respeced into a horse archer. Mind you Ujin - he and his methods are in charge of things around here for like 18 months so far and what he calls "battle" was always so "balanced" & "battle looking" as it is now. He's even so clever to mock my miserable scores even tho it's the first time ever i play any form of archer in this mod and my builds are far from finished. Also he is naming us as the ones crying about OP archery while its not really what we were every saying but too bad he has problems with comprehension at a basic level. I think it's time to establish the "Paul award" for people who excel themselves in the forums. Oh wait, it's already been established and this year it went to Jambi. Ah well, we will have to do better next year, you and I, mister Ujin since the competition is very strong.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 04:20:38 pm by Gnjus »
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login