• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: 50%
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 12:57:50 am »
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2246.0.html  read that, we came up with a much better idea than reflective damage.

Dude, go make a new Topic instead of one that says THIS DOESNT COUNT ANYMORE< READ THE BOTTOM POST
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 02:43:48 am »
THAT'S THE POINT. If your team is so BAD that it is destroying itself, you deserve to lose.

That's how it works now. What you are suggesting is "hey, let's deal twice the damage to a team when someone teamdamages". Why, why not push it harder so you lose a match once a player on your side gets tked? They deserve to lose!

Fail argument is fail. TKs already weaken the team, there is no point in making them weaken the team more.

However, the thing I dislike the most about reflective FF is simply, well, mirror damage and stuff makes it feel like some cartoon game rather then a battle.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2011, 03:28:49 am »
Reflective damage would be extremely annoying and it would make people stop playing this game, me being one of them. I can't understand why people keep suggesting this.
FF (without reflective damage) is a must have in any FPS game imo. FF off destroys the whole game experience.

Besides it won't decrease the number of unintentional teamhits or teamkills so what's the point? The only thing it will do is to upset people.
Do you hit people back that unintentionally bumps into you on the bus and subway too?

99% of the people behaves. That 1% of idiots will ruin the game regardless off reflective damage or not.
Misbehavior is best dealt with manually via administrators.

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2011, 03:44:18 am »
full damge when hit friendly is only fair

Offline jspook

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Auphan
  • Game nicks: Pit
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2011, 05:01:29 am »
Reflective damage would be extremely annoying and it would make people stop playing this game, me being one of them. I can't understand why people keep suggesting this.
FF (without reflective damage) is a must have in any FPS game imo. FF off destroys the whole game experience.

Besides it won't decrease the number of unintentional teamhits or teamkills so what's the point? The only thing it will do is to upset people.
Do you hit people back that unintentionally bumps into you on the bus and subway too?

99% of the people behaves. That 1% of idiots will ruin the game regardless off reflective damage or not.
+1

the funny part is:  all the people whining about wanting reflective damage because of being tk'd are the same people on the weapons threads whining about wanting more realism in the game.  getting tked is about as real as it gets.  Last time I checked, when I hit my neigbor in the face, it didnt give me 50% reflective damage.  idiots.
"Scissors needs a nerf because he beats me every time, but rock is just fine" - paper

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2011, 07:38:30 am »
That's how it works now. What you are suggesting is "hey, let's deal twice the damage to a team when someone teamdamages". Why, why not push it harder so you lose a match once a player on your side gets tked? They deserve to lose!

Fail argument is fail. TKs already weaken the team, there is no point in making them weaken the team more.

However, the thing I dislike the most about reflective FF is simply, well, mirror damage and stuff makes it feel like some cartoon game rather then a battle.

Fail comprehension is FAIL Bruce. Do you know what it means when the same amount of damage is divided in half between two people? IT IS THE SAME AMOUNT OF DAMAGE TO THE TEAM.

Thanks for playing.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2011, 07:40:15 am »

If you weren't such a moron you wouldn't be GETTING that reflective team damage for HITTING YOUR TEAMMATE would you?? It's your OWN damn fault  :lol:

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2011, 08:18:45 am »
Fail comprehension is FAIL Bruce. Do you know what it means when the same amount of damage is divided in half between two people? IT IS THE SAME AMOUNT OF DAMAGE TO THE TEAM.

Thanks for playing.

No that's not true. With split damage both are stunned (= free attack for enemy) and both may die (2 people at 40% health, 1 swings his 50 damage weapon into teammate).

Offline Furax

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2011, 09:15:05 am »
WHere is everyone getting this double whammy punishment from?:S

The idea here is that the offender(teamattacker) receives all damage he deals to the teammate whilst the victim of the team attack does not even flinch or take a µm from the hp bar.

Thus not changing anything at all except for justice beeing swift and accurate.

Offline OOODIIINVALHALLAAAAAA

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: as usual u know me
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2011, 09:20:35 am »

you and your hackerclan should not been listened to, whats going on in crpg/strategus you cockroaches of the Gnjus fellowship.All you say cant be taken into account because  your values are diffrent from other people in the game because you are  so good.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2011, 11:18:03 am »
I think progressive reflective damage should be implemented (on SIEGES only, where much idiots play, otherwise fully normal TK is good).

By progressive I mean for example each TK you make sets the amount of reflective team damage you will take 25% higher than what it was, and the normal team damage you will inflict to your teammates 25% lower.

That way, it's allmost impossible to make over 3 TK in a round. And it's not very easily abused (trolls still can jump in front of an archer 3 times but well...).

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2011, 12:21:28 pm »
If you weren't such a moron you wouldn't be GETTING that reflective team damage for HITTING YOUR TEAMMATE would you?? It's your OWN damn fault  :lol:

I'm a moron now? You clearly missed my point.
You are obiously the type of player who retaliates on any teamhit just for the sake of "justice".
If "justice" is so important to you, you really failed with this thread. I suggest you learn some math and make a new one called 100%.
Smartass...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 12:35:00 pm by Riddaren »

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2011, 12:41:17 pm »
Personally I don't like reflective damage. I think accidental teamhitting is way more common than on purpose.

This. There is no reason to add reflective penalty OR xp penalty, since being TKed no longer directly results in less XP or gold.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Meensai

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Shogunate
  • Game nicks: Meensai
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2011, 01:09:47 pm »
I disagree the topic itself, it's just nonsense to get damage by system for hitting someone who is on your team, if he really wants punishment, he'll strike back, end of story.

At least they could give XP penalty for tking, but still, nonsense.
image too big

Offline Death_Dealer

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • to Shish your enemies, see them Kebabed before you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Shishkebab, Ronaldinho, Colossus, Death_Dealer, Brunhild, Whorecraft, Fahishe, Altair
  • IRC nick: Shishkebab
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2011, 02:54:45 pm »
I disagree the topic itself, it's just nonsense to get damage by system for hitting someone who is on your team, if he really wants punishment, he'll strike back, end of story.

At least they could give XP penalty for tking, but still, nonsense.

+1

Edit:
So many of you gave the same excuse. "I don't like to lose" "Don't punish the team anymore than it already is!"

THAT'S THE POINT. If your team is so BAD that it is destroying itself, you deserve to lose. Watch your swings and arrows (and darts)  8-)

since we dont pick our teammates we are not responsible for each others foolness. you can jump from somewhere high if you wanna punish yourself. 3 letters are enough to calm me down if i got tked "sry". of course thats all our excuse "I don't like to lose" "Don't punish the team anymore than it already is!" i dont deserve to lose be cause im tked.