• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
50%
« on: February 19, 2011, 05:46:06 pm »
Grey is such a troll that he is totally trashing any real chance this will be discussed rationally. I would appreciate it if Grey would just stay away.

We need 50% team reflective damage. Both TK'er and teammate need to take damage from it. The current system only discourages team attacks after a situation has blown all beyond reason, OR an Admin just happens to be standing right there (and they normally get the responder, not the original jerkoff). The current system does get abused during small population hours, as well as when the server is so full that TK's are a a dozen a minute and the Admins just ignore them for the most part (except as mentioned above)
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leiknir

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: Leiknir
  • IRC nick: Leiknir
Re: 50%
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 05:56:55 pm »
Personally I don't like reflective damage. I think accidental teamhitting is way more common than on purpose. Example: 3vs3, one guy misses a swing, hit his ally in the head. Both die. Who is fucked? Everyone, even the third guy who had nothing to do with the incident at all. You are not only punishing the teamhitter, but his whole team even more.

I remember in the old days, when there was no hard level cap, but really harsh gold/xp penalites for teamkills. You know how close I was to reach lvl26? 1 teamkill and back to the start of lvl25. Makes you think twice, and only "good" players reached high level.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 06:14:51 pm »
40% damage on the guy attacked and 60% on the guy who did it. Same damage dealt except teamkillers die.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 06:20:22 pm »
really harsh gold/xp penalites for teamkills
This.

Offline Death_Dealer

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • to Shish your enemies, see them Kebabed before you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Shishkebab, Ronaldinho, Colossus, Death_Dealer, Brunhild, Whorecraft, Fahishe, Altair
  • IRC nick: Shishkebab
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 06:26:56 pm »
40% damage on the guy attacked and 60% on the guy who did it. Same damage dealt except teamkillers die.
not same damge dealt actually ff damage onfriend is 50% atm not 100%

Offline Serruntis

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 06:33:41 pm »
Hey that is a great idea, i am an archer, though i try to be careful when shooting into melee and usually do not do it if i think i do not have a shot, but i do sometimes take the shot and accidently hit a teammate, if i knew my life would go down by hitting a teammate i would be 10 times more careful and so would all other players :)

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 06:38:18 pm »
+1 to Leiknir

Offline Krakatit

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Krakatit
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 06:43:07 pm »
Yeah Leiknir is right, it will hurt the whole team 2 times and not only 1. Maybe when the dmg you would do to your teamate will divide for both players involved then it might work.

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2011, 07:37:24 pm »
While we're on the topic of 50%, how about imposing a .5 multiplier for teamkillers? With the WSE in the works, I bet cmpx or chadz can work something out.

Offline The_Newer_Wind

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 07:40:30 pm »
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2246.0.html  read that, we came up with a much better idea than reflective damage.

Offline Troublesome

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 07:45:40 pm »
No reflective damage, terrible idea, I remember playing on native siege servers with it, You have no idea how many times your less battle savy teamates and over zealous peasants will leap in front of your swings, fucking you up and getting you killed. There is just as many terrible people getting themselfs tked as there are terrible people team killing.

Offline jspook

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Auphan
  • Game nicks: Pit
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 09:03:32 pm »
As stated in another of the many many threads on this subject:  this

I disagree completely with this.  I will state my reasons for you.

1.  I like to win.
     that being said, I am more than willing to take ff in a mele if the outcome is favorable.  even if it isnt favorable, I dont want to penalize a teammate and possibly lose the fight because he took damage from inadvertantly hitting me because I might have gotten in the way due to my own carelessness.

2.  There is no way to determine wether a player is careless, or if he is a team killer except through personal admin control and player responsibility.  Some in-game mechanics have to be endured or you will break the entire way the game is played.  a turtle on the the opposite team could just wade into a bunch of your team and have a higher chance of coming out alive and killing everyone because they cant risk hitting each other or they will do his work for him.  effecitvely nuetering the team that has more players per engagement.

3.  Having played many many many FPS games and ladders, IFF is an important part of team play.  MBW already attempts to address this issue by providing you with a nice flag above your teams head.  Most of the shooters I have laddered in dont even do this.  In ladders AND in pubs for these games, FF already serves to penalize your team because you have hurt/killed a friendly.  there is no need to give a further bonus the the opposing team for the ineptness of a team mate.

4.  archery.  I have been nailed in the back of the head while in a mele countless times by friendly archers and spearchuckers.  they are trying to do their jobs too.  I am quite certain they didnt intend to kill me and that I myself most likely moved into the path of the projectile after it was fired.  Why would any archer or crossbowman ever attempt to help a team mate if he stand the risk of killing both of you instantly.  I would rather take arrows in the back knowing that they are trying to help turn the tide, then have NO support at all.

5.  I hit team mates by accident at least once every time I play a seige map if I am defending.  if you were to penalize people for team damage, the offence would be able to scale the wall very quickly as the defenders eliminate themselves in an attempt to repel the guys from the ladders.

Team damage is neccessary
There will always be tk's with or without penalties.
without a penalty at least allows the admin to do his job, or the team to take care of it with minimal losses
"Scissors needs a nerf because he beats me every time, but rock is just fine" - paper

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 10:03:15 pm »
I vote for no penalties for tk's.  A large number of all the tk's I have ever seen were all accidental.  Most people are genuinely sorry for hitting teammates.  There is no point in further punishing the whole team for 1 players mistake.     
“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline jspook

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Auphan
  • Game nicks: Pit
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 10:04:00 pm »
I like to win, I dont see the point in penalizing a team mate who hits you.  It only increases the likelyhood of losing the round by dealing twice the damage out to your own team.

Instead:  why not implement something like AA and a few of the BF games do wherein you are tk'd and you have the option to vote yes or no to penalize the tk'er.  the penalty goes into effect on the next round (if you vote yes) forcing them to sit out for one round, without jeapordizing the win possibility on the current round.
in AA, they also have it so that if you accumulate up to 5 tk points (people having voted yes) within a certain time limit you are booted off of the server for an hour.

Just to be clear, only the person who has been tk'd gets the vote.

Edit:  I also just read pretty much this exact same suggestion in a thread by Aemaelius.  It works in many other games, it would make a good addition to this game and a good solution to the constant whining about it.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 12:13:41 am by jspook »
"Scissors needs a nerf because he beats me every time, but rock is just fine" - paper

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2011, 12:54:42 am »
Personally I don't like reflective damage. I think accidental teamhitting is way more common than on purpose. Example: 3vs3, one guy misses a swing, hit his ally in the head. Both die. Who is fucked? Everyone, even the third guy who had nothing to do with the incident at all. You are not only punishing the teamhitter, but his whole team even more.

Edit:
So many of you gave the same excuse. "I don't like to lose" "Don't punish the team anymore than it already is!"

THAT'S THE POINT. If your team is so BAD that it is destroying itself, you deserve to lose. Watch your swings and arrows (and darts)  8-)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 12:56:16 am by Rumblood »
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln