Poll

Which faith do you adhere to? (these are in no particular order)

Protestant Christian or Catholicism (christ followers)
135 (24%)
Buddhist or Hinduism
11 (2%)
Islam or Judaism
33 (5.9%)
Baha'i faith/ other cultural religion
3 (0.5%)
Non-Religious (atheist/agnostic)
328 (58.3%)
Wiccan, Voodo, or something else like it (magical discipline)
41 (7.3%)
Gnostic or other religious non-theistic discipline
12 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 561

Author Topic: What Religion are you?  (Read 36215 times)

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
Re: What Religion are you?
« Reply #360 on: March 30, 2016, 06:42:27 pm »
I'd consider myself as non-religious. I couln't care less about any religion as they just mean nothing to me.
The only thing that pisses me of about religious people is this "we have the right belief so were better than person XY" thinking.
Also most religious people don't even live by the values their religion promotes and are fuckin fakes anyways.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 30, 2016, 06:58:53 pm »
No need to be so pedantic, they're virtually the same thing absence of belief or belief that there isn't, they either way come down to the same base point, which is that "There are no Gods/Deities "
You are being pedantic about the difference between agnostics and atheists. Not knowing whether there is a god and not having a belief in god comes down to the same base point, belief in a god is absent so you're an atheist.

Offline MacX85

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 14
    • View Profile
    • 3D Portfolio
  • Game nicks: Siegbert
« Reply #362 on: March 30, 2016, 08:04:56 pm »
No need to be so pedantic, they're virtually the same thing absence of belief or belief that there isn't, they either way come down to the same base point, which is that "There are no Gods/Deities "

Well, the one thing is the rejection of a claim while the other one is a claim of itself. I don't claim that there's no god, I just don't believe there is one.
Would I make the claim that there isn't one, then you would be right in accusing me of hypocricy.

but I do believe that we had to have come into this world somehow, and be it through the Big Bang or through creation of God, we'll never truly know, because we'll never know what caused the big bang. It could be a God, it could be something scientific.

Yes, and what I say to that is: I don't know. I have no idea to accept the notion of a supernatural origin as long as supernatural powers are not proven to exist in the first place.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #363 on: March 30, 2016, 10:39:16 pm »
You are being pedantic about the difference between agnostics and atheists. Not knowing whether there is a god and not having a belief in god comes down to the same base point, belief in a god is absent so you're an atheist.

There's a difference between being pedantic and two completely different definitions, what you believe is irrelevant, because I do not give two shits that you think agnosticism is atheism.

The English language defines them as two separate entities, thus they are, if you don't want to follow the English language then that's fine, but don't spread speculation around as fact when it is far from it.

"Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods. Older dictionaries define atheism as "a belief that there is no God." "

"An agnostic is one who believes it impossible to know anything about God or about the creation of the universe and refrains from commitment to any religious doctrine. An atheist is one who denies the existence of a deity or of divine beings."

"Agnosticism is the view that, the truth values of certain claims – especially metaphysical and religious claims such as whether God, the divine or the supernatural exist – are unknown and perhaps unknowable.[1][2][3]

According to the philosopher William L. Rowe: "In the popular sense of the term, an agnostic is someone who neither believes nor disbelieves in God, whereas an atheist disbelieves in God."[2] Agnosticism is a doctrine or set of tenets[4] rather than a religion as such."

"Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.[1][2] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.[3][4][5] Most inclusively, atheism is the absence of belief that any deities exist.[4][5][6][7] Atheism is contrasted with theism,[8][9] which, in its most general form, is the belief that at least one deity exists.[9][10][11]"

"The adult world is composed mainly of Theists: they believe in the existence of one or more Gods and/or Goddesses from among the many thousands of deities who have been worshipped by humans down through history.

A minority of people are strong Atheists who deny that any deity or deities exist. They believe that the hundreds of the religious creation stories that exist in the world have it all wrong: A deity or deities did not create humans; it was humans who created the many thousands of Gods and Goddess who have been devoutly and sincerely worshiped over many tens of thousands of years. The process of creating deities continues today.

However, there is a third group. When asked whether a deity or deities exist, they don't have a definite yes or no answer. These hold Agnostic beliefs about God's existence. Each Agnostic has been unable to find convincing evidence that one or more deities exist. They have also been unable to find convincing proof that no deity exists."

"Atheism is the absence of belief in any Gods or spiritual beings. The word Atheism comes from a, meaning without, and theism meaning belief in god or gods."

Two different things with different definitions.

Sources: https://atheists.org/activism/resources/what-is-atheism
www.dictionary.com/browse/agnostic
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism
http://www.religioustolerance.org/agnostic.htm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/atheism/ataglance/glance.shtml
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 30, 2016, 10:43:54 pm »
Well, the one thing is the rejection of a claim while the other one is a claim of itself. I don't claim that there's no god, I just don't believe there is one.
Would I make the claim that there isn't one, then you would be right in accusing me of hypocricy.

Yes, and what I say to that is: I don't know. I have no idea to accept the notion of a supernatural origin as long as supernatural powers are not proven to exist in the first place.

Yep, fair enough, I'll be sure to be more on point with my definitions in future :p

And also fair enough, you're entitled to your absence of belief in a God, I did used to be an Atheist and just believed that it was impossible for a God to have created the Earth but I'm far from that belief now, I've come to terms with the fact that we will never know whether a God or Gods existed because each culture is so vast and has their own Gods, the Romans had their Gods, the Greeks had their Gods, Hinduism has their Gods. There are so many around that it will always be impossible to prove whether they exist without them showing their face/s.

Offline MacX85

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 14
    • View Profile
    • 3D Portfolio
  • Game nicks: Siegbert
« Reply #365 on: March 30, 2016, 11:21:43 pm »
I've come to terms with the fact that we will never know whether a God or Gods existed because each culture is so vast and has their own Gods, the Romans had their Gods, the Greeks had their Gods, Hinduism has their Gods. There are so many around that it will always be impossible to prove whether they exist without them showing their face/s.

Well, we have a pretty good idea of how the Earth formed by natural means by now, so the God hypothesis isn't needed anymore. Creationists still invoke a god to have caused the Big Bang or created life because that's still a quite mysterious field for science for now.

I don't know why in this day and age you would even want to begin to think about an omnipotent, incredibly powerful and intelligent being to have created everything billions of years ago when there is no reason to expect that other than that humans in all of their history were used to the idea of things being created by them. It's just a projection and wishful thinking.

And of course nobody can satisfyingly say what created this god being in the first place. If the universe is too complex to have come about by naturalistic means wouldn't the same be true for an infinitely more complex god?

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #366 on: March 31, 2016, 12:15:02 am »
+3
lets start a kvlt

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 31, 2016, 12:17:07 am »
Well, we have a pretty good idea of how the Earth formed by natural means by now, so the God hypothesis isn't needed anymore. Creationists still invoke a god to have caused the Big Bang or created life because that's still a quite mysterious field for science for now.

I don't know why in this day and age you would even want to begin to think about an omnipotent, incredibly powerful and intelligent being to have created everything billions of years ago when there is no reason to expect that other than that humans in all of their history were used to the idea of things being created by them. It's just a projection and wishful thinking.

And of course nobody can satisfyingly say what created this god being in the first place. If the universe is too complex to have come about by naturalistic means wouldn't the same be true for an infinitely more complex god?

Endless possibilities, it bugs me that I'll never know.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #368 on: March 31, 2016, 02:16:26 am »
+3
Agnostics are pompous asses who want to pretend like they are somehow the reasonable middle ground. First of all, you are either a carpenter or not a carpenter, if you are not a theist, then you are an atheist. Agnostics and atheists believe the exact same shit, namely, they are not theists based on what they know now. Agnostics just lie the burden of proof on the wrong end. If a god came cruising down from the sky on a golden cloud for all to see, I am pretty sure virtually all atheists would believe in him, save a few loonies of course. Does that make them agnostic now?

Actual certainty in any held belief is a pretty high bar, and it is pretty stupid to form a separate category on the lack thereof.

It isn't the same thing though, Agnosticism is a part of Atheism, but a non-Agnostic Atheist would say "There can't be any Gods, that makes no sense" while an Agnostic Atheist would say "How the fuck would I know?"

Are all Agnostics also Atheists? -Yes, because they don't believe in a certain God.
All are Atheists also Agnostic? -No, they believe God concept is completely retarded.

It is a common misconception tho, you are either a Theist or Atheist, there is no middle ground.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 31, 2016, 04:25:31 am »
+2
Show me one atheist who's not "agnostic."

Yeah, didn't think so. Pointless semantics debate.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #370 on: March 31, 2016, 04:46:17 am »
Not sure if trying to troll or you actually don't understand the difference between agnostic and atheist.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 31, 2016, 05:42:37 am »
Not sure if you're retarded or if you don't understand what you're talking about. Oh, wait, yes I am (sure).
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 31, 2016, 07:01:38 am »
+2
Has this been said yet? visitors can't see pics , please register or login

GOD HELP YOU CLORIS JUGGLE THE BEAN BAGS!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 07:07:04 am by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #373 on: March 31, 2016, 11:27:04 am »
+1
Show me one atheist who's not "agnostic."

Yeah, didn't think so. Pointless semantics debate.

Just because you don't know any that doesn't mean they don't exist, I know plenty of people who has that kind of certain beliefs.

Okay not plenty. But some.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 01:04:40 pm by Kratos »

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 31, 2016, 12:34:50 pm »
+3
This makes good sense imo. +1

Yeah, cause it's basically a quote from The god delusion by Richard Dawkins  :wink: Still +1  :wink:

No, agnostics just don't feel the need to go on about it, no desperate need for validation that there really is no God and that anyone who believes otherwise is deluded. Many atheists are pompous asses who have exactly that chronic need, the same insane desire to 'convert the masses' that extreme theists have.

It has nothing to do with athesits/theists division. And there's plenty of agonostics who are pompous asses, too.

I couln't care less about any religion as they just mean nothing to me.

If it would be that easy... Well, I guess it is easy to not care about religion when you live in a secular state. Not so much when your country is semi theocratic.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 02:05:23 pm by Falka »