Poll

Which faith do you adhere to? (these are in no particular order)

Protestant Christian or Catholicism (christ followers)
135 (24%)
Buddhist or Hinduism
11 (2%)
Islam or Judaism
33 (5.9%)
Baha'i faith/ other cultural religion
3 (0.5%)
Non-Religious (atheist/agnostic)
328 (58.3%)
Wiccan, Voodo, or something else like it (magical discipline)
41 (7.3%)
Gnostic or other religious non-theistic discipline
12 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 561

Author Topic: What Religion are you?  (Read 36214 times)

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
Re: What Religion are you?
« Reply #330 on: March 28, 2016, 02:23:50 am »
No Voodoo no zombies. Voodoo is cool mang. Especially Voodoo 2 in SLI.

Voodoo is the work of satan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 28, 2016, 03:20:24 am »
+1
Around the hero everything becomes a tragedy; around the demigod everything becomes a satyr-play; and around God everything becomes -- what? Perhaps a "world"?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #332 on: March 28, 2016, 05:37:40 am »
+9
My parents grew up with different Christian denominations (both Catholic), but when I was a kid we only went to church for weddings and funerals. Instead of going to church on Sunday, we went to the great outdoors. Picnics, hiking, camping. Forests, swamps, mountains, beaches. Somewhere without other people. This wasn't a replacement for church, Sunday was just Saturday #2. They didn't push hippy shit on me. I didn't have a religious experience at a backwoods altar in the wilderness. Being alone out there in the wild just felt special. There are places where the term "breathtaking view" isn't a metaphor. Your heart skips a beat. The chorus of birds, frogs, and insects. Flower blooms for which no painter could do justice. The faint scent of things on the wind...Everything is alive.

As a teen I stumbled across the term Pantheism and was like "yo that's it that's what i feel." After reading into it, I realized it wasn't quite the right thing. The awe of nature's beauty is there, but that's it. There is too much thought and deliberation. Nature has no need to be explained. There is no reason it exists. It should be experienced at all costs. No book, no film, no game, can match it. No mere moneyed art. I can't put it in words, all I can tell you is to get out there and see.

I'm also totally into mythology and anthropology, and over the years that has given me an intense craving to "practice" some form of worship. Ritual veneration of nature. The problem is, I have no proper way to express this need. Compare the ideas of "emic" and "etic" research in  anthropology:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emic_and_etic

I will never be able to express my convictions emically; the society I am a subset of does not have any outlets for it. If I could ever find a way to participate in a different society's nature worship that fits my beliefs, I would not be truly integrated. My experience would be partially if not totally etic. The pale observer, always left outside the innermost circle of participation.

So I just go out in the woods and have quiet time alone. I drag boulders into a stone circle. Make music that nobody else will ever hear. No matter what, there is always the awful truth clawing in the back of my mind. I am alone in my beliefs, they are intensely personal and nobody else will ever understand exactly what I feel. Nobody will ever join me to dance this dance.

Am I a special snowflake or what, eh? What a loser. Also there is some drug use in there. I felt these things before adding bad medicine to the mix, but those experiences have only cemented my beliefs.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 28, 2016, 10:45:52 am »
+2
I will never be able to express my convictions emically; the society I am a subset of does not have any outlets for it. If I could ever find a way to participate in a different society's nature worship that fits my beliefs, I would not be truly integrated. My experience would be partially if not totally etic. The pale observer, always left outside the innermost circle of participation.

So I just go out in the woods and have quiet time alone. I drag boulders into a stone circle. Make music that nobody else will ever hear. No matter what, there is always the awful truth clawing in the back of my mind. I am alone in my beliefs, they are intensely personal and nobody else will ever understand exactly what I feel. Nobody will ever join me to dance this dance.

Am I a special snowflake or what, eh? What a loser. Also there is some drug use in there. I felt these things before adding bad medicine to the mix, but those experiences have only cemented my beliefs.

It's good to know I'm not "alone" in this matter.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 28, 2016, 02:15:25 pm »
+1
Repent your wicked sins and embrace Christ as your true lord & savior.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2565
  • Infamy: 2213
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 28, 2016, 03:00:58 pm »
+1
Voodoo is the work of satan

You wanna say Mr Satan is a black person? That all black skinned fellows are inherently evil, is that what you want to say?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 28, 2016, 04:37:43 pm »
+2
My parents grew up with different Christian denominations (both Catholic), but when I was a kid we only went to church for weddings and funerals. Instead of going to church on Sunday, we went to the great outdoors. Picnics, hiking, camping. Forests, swamps, mountains, beaches. Somewhere without other people. This wasn't a replacement for church, Sunday was just Saturday #2. They didn't push hippy shit on me. I didn't have a religious experience at a backwoods altar in the wilderness. Being alone out there in the wild just felt special. There are places where the term "breathtaking view" isn't a metaphor. Your heart skips a beat. The chorus of birds, frogs, and insects. Flower blooms for which no painter could do justice. The faint scent of things on the wind...Everything is alive.

As a teen I stumbled across the term Pantheism and was like "yo that's it that's what i feel." After reading into it, I realized it wasn't quite the right thing. The awe of nature's beauty is there, but that's it. There is too much thought and deliberation. Nature has no need to be explained. There is no reason it exists. It should be experienced at all costs. No book, no film, no game, can match it. No mere moneyed art. I can't put it in words, all I can tell you is to get out there and see.

I'm also totally into mythology and anthropology, and over the years that has given me an intense craving to "practice" some form of worship. Ritual veneration of nature. The problem is, I have no proper way to express this need. Compare the ideas of "emic" and "etic" research in  anthropology:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emic_and_etic

That's some Pocahontas shit, fam.

Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 29, 2016, 11:18:40 am »
+2
You wanna say Mr Satan is a black person? That all black skinned fellows are inherently evil, is that what you want to say?

Triggered

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #338 on: March 29, 2016, 12:40:24 pm »
+2
Tengriism is the harmony between the eternal blue sky and the mother earth, it teaches you to be at peace with nature and respect it. There are no infidels or heathens, no discrimination.Since humanity is not even close to the peak of development, nobody will be punished for believing in another God. Sky God is unexplainable and too complicated for people to understand, also his actions are unpredicted.

Tengriism, Taoism etc. are making so much sense than Islam or Christianity. I want them on the poll plez.

edit: lets convert to Tengriism, I dunno how it works but you need to take a special bath when you re a baby, I already had it suck it europoors

Tengri greatest God EU

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #339 on: March 29, 2016, 04:40:10 pm »
+3
It's good to know I'm not "alone" in this matter.

lets start a cult

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 29, 2016, 04:44:07 pm »
lets start a cult

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #341 on: March 29, 2016, 04:48:44 pm »
+5
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 04:51:50 pm by Cassi »
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Admerius

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Many Admerius-es and many alts(Total of 32 chars)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereignty of Aegis for life!(aka. multi-claning)
  • Game nicks: My top three nicks: Scum, William_Spearshake, Dedrater)
« Reply #342 on: March 29, 2016, 07:40:40 pm »
+3
Since Richard Dawkins had a minor stroke recently...
The warmongering hardliners in the atheist extremist alliance are gaining more influence.

These plans has been known for years(2008 to be exact)!
It is a very real threat, especially now, when Richard Dawkins will need to do appease the hardliners after thi obvious assassination attempt.

USA needs Ted Cruz
To arms brothers and sisters!

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about look at this:

Offline MacX85

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 14
    • View Profile
    • 3D Portfolio
  • Game nicks: Siegbert
« Reply #343 on: March 29, 2016, 08:28:11 pm »
+3
USA needs Ted Cruz

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #344 on: March 29, 2016, 10:55:15 pm »
lets start a cult

(click to show/hide)