Poll

Lame Deaths, Great Kills. (Archers=xbows too, Inf=2h and 1h, cav = lance and sword)

Lamest Death: Cav kills Infantry
Lamest Death: Cav kills Archers
Lamest Death: Cav kills Cav
Lamest Death: Archers kills Infantry
Lamest Death: Archers kills Archers
Lamest Death: Archers kills Cav
Lamest Death: Infantry kills Cav
Lamest Death: Infantry kills Archers
Lamest Death: Infantry kills Infantry
Most satisfying kill: Cav kills Infantry
Most satisfying kill: Cav kills Archers
Most satisfying kill: Cav kills Cav
Most satisfying kill: Archers kills infantry
Most satisfying kill: Archers kills Archers
Most satisfying kill: Archers kills Cav
Most satisfying kill: Infantry kills Infantry
Most satisfying kill: Infantry kills Archers
Most satisfying kill: Infantry kills Cav

Author Topic: Good ways to die and Lame ways to kill. Trying to measure "Fun".  (Read 5807 times)

Offline Sawbone

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Good ways to die and Lame ways to kill. Trying to measure "Fun".
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2011, 12:01:39 am »
Paul, do something with run away archers. They 2 hit me and i can't catch them with my 8 athletics (i have 3 if and 15 str and +3 armor and gloves), it's not cool anymore. Decrease their speed so people with 5 athletics can catch archers in light armor and then i can deal with getting 2 hit killed - if they want run away they should throw away their bows/xbows.

Have you ever tried running at a Cav? ;)

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2011, 07:34:58 am »
Most satisfying kill: Jumpstabbing/slashing cav as inf

Lamest death: Get backstabbed by a cav when you fight in melee as inf :rolleyes:

Offline Spleen

• Earl
  • Renown: 310
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • But I am already in my pyjamas...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spleen
  • IRC nick: Spleeno
« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2011, 12:30:23 pm »
+2
I just hate dying to weapons of which I was sure that they couldnt reach me...
Also, dying right after a lagspike, when those 1-2 seconds without control bring me into a totally fucked up situation
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2011, 12:32:00 pm »
+1
I suffer from those 1-3 sec microfreezes aswell, did not had problem with it before, but now :( Usually when i meet group of enemies or in other unconventional ocassions this happen, like, riding on a horse couched on enemy, then freeze, TK on my list, enemy walks free and shit...damn annyoing

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2011, 12:55:37 pm »
Then why does LLJK Heavy Cav bitch about them so often despite still topping the scoreboards -_-

Whiny no-skill NA cav... Says something when Torben comes over and steam rolls the team despite high ping...

Archers are unarguably the worst part of the game, and as the class's popularity soars with each patch, enthusiasm for the game and Strategus gets quite noticeably less and less.

Where small nerfs here and there might be given to Archery, the meta game consistently keeps Archers in a nearly untouchable position.  Strategus is the absolute worst example.  With nerfed armor and no heavy cav (or cav at all for that matter)  archers have free reign to take the most sloped hill or unreachable roof and rain 2 shot death down on everyone with bolt action like accuracy and stopping power.  Before this Strat went live, I heard chadz mention a rework of archery to make it less accurate but faster firing, however instead he just nerfed the fuck out of everything but bows and Strategus is, for all intents and purposes, completely dead.  The dynamics of Strat battles that I've grown to love, the skirmishing, pushes, asserting cav superiority, has been nerfed away and replaced with battlefields where PD stacked archers scavenge over masterwork bows to ensure their sweet KDs as peasants charge with cardboard shields into the slaughter. 

This overwhelming power advantage bleeds into our typical battle server brawls, and what do you know archery, because of the (mostly placebo) bodkins buff and Strategus, is more popular than ever before.  I admit plenty of people make low content shit posting about "lol nerf ranged"  but many players who understand balance and enjoyment the game have been vocal about their issues, mostly the kiting the playstyle promotes, to keep the game accessible and popular.  I know archery has been continuously nerfed, but people find new ways to work in the system to really ruin the game's enjoyment for the other classes.

Very unsurprisingly here, Archers killing infantry is the most popular response, and probably causes the most people to rage quit cRPG, only so many times most players will quit the server in disgust at ranged spam until they just uninstall the game entirely.

Heavy Cav is certainly OP and requires merely a modicum of skill to outperform the other classes.  Unfortunately you are gonna see nothing but heavy cav as the game continues along these lines because they are the closest thing we have as a counter to archery, even if PD stacked MW Bodkin MW Rus Bow archers can 3 shot a Cataphract. 

In essence, I am trying to say to you Tears, "Deal With It."  Also, Fallen archers are bad but their cav is worse, USA is the greatest country on earth and best clan in calradia, ranged spam is almost as trash as your posting, etc etc
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2011, 01:22:59 pm »
USA is the greatest country on earth and best clan in calradia

Double-LOL
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2011, 01:31:16 pm »
+1
Then why does LLJK Heavy Cav bitch about them so often despite still topping the scoreboards -_-

Whiny no-skill NA cav... Says something when Torben comes over and steam rolls the team despite high ping...

yes because no other cav can do that oh wait

SUCK IT 8=====D~~~~

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2011, 03:31:06 pm »
+1
Ez mode. Tank with lance on tank.

Offline korppis

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2011, 04:40:22 pm »
Best mood killer for me is getting one shotted by arbalest before ever getting even close to melee. One bolt to toe and that's all it takes.

Imho the biggest problem for archers or cav being the problem, is all the open maps that are made for those two types to dominate. Most maps are pretty much just open plains with few houses for archers to climb on and to shoot miles away in every direction, cav circling around below and eating anything that still moves. There are only few maps that I can think of, that are pretty much always fun for weak melees like myself. One of them is just thick forest where it's sometimes hard to see banners, so it's rare to get one shotted across the map except by accident... more maps like that for diversity would be nice.  :D

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2011, 04:54:14 pm »
"What is the worst about this, is that I cannot in my wildest imagination understand what makes it FUN for the cav player to ride around in circles and stab targets of opportunity."

NERF CAVV
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Draggon

• Knight
  • Renown: 64
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Blocking axes with my face since June 2011
    • View Profile
    • SnowHawkClan.org
  • Faction: Snowhawk Clan (SHC)
  • Game nicks: SHC_Draggon, SHC_Draggonfang, SHC_Draggonclaw
« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2011, 11:38:13 pm »
/raises hand, "yes, I too am a recovering former-Cav."

Cav is pretty much a wet dream for any noob.  When I very first picked up this title I started out as Cav, and racked up ridiculous scores basically not even knowing how to play the game.  Once I got tired of the complete lack of challenge to cav, I finally got rid of the horse and got into melee, and have never looked back since.

Offline Remy

• Knight
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remy_the_Fox
  • IRC nick: Remy
« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2011, 11:44:12 pm »
I really and honestly don't find any death cheaper or lamer than any other.

The only time I feel slightly annoyed is if I die to my own stupidity, greed or mistakes. I like a challenge and I find it interesting as long as my opponent did something clever to get me.

A kill is a kill in my book, even if it is by a cav, archer, infantry(1H, 2H, Polearm, Shielder, Thrower, Hybrid), Horse Archer, Horse Xbowman...Backstab, ranged shot or bump. (I cannot seriously say I feel more happy to be stabbed in the face by someone with a 2H than I do being shot from 30m by an archer for instance.)

It is all the same shit when it comes down to it.  :lol:

*Side note, limiting or removing ladders in battle would be cool...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 11:55:46 pm by Remy »

Fox, Horse Archer, Tker of Chagan.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2011, 08:22:44 am »
I wanted to check off all the options for awesome ways to kill because I've played as many classes with many alts. I have yet to make a pure xbowman or HA though. However, its fun to headshot someone and its fun to beat someone in an epic duel.

I also make lol alts. I know many people have. Eventually you just want to mess around even if the alt has almost no chance of actually doing well, like if you make an alt that only uses a torch. I think people get too frustrated with ranged and cav when they die to them. I hate being lanced from behind but it was my own fault for not paying attention, for not having battle awareness. I enjoy the game regardless.

Although being bumped by a friendly cav who either is a good cav and messed up or a noob that doesn't even know or care he did it is annoying as hell when you die because of their mistake.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2011, 09:50:56 am »
satisfying: 1shotting archers on unreachable roof with my arbalest or killing enemy inf/cav just before they close in on a backstab

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2011, 06:52:40 pm »
Personally im all about the hilarious kills and deaths, like the really heavy infantry man on a tiny bit of health who gets killed by a peasant with a club on a whiff.

Or people shooting each other at the same time. Or people hitting each other in midair then as they land they both die.

Things like that are awesome ways to die.

Basically if I can laugh at my death then to me it was completely worth it.
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.