Author Topic: Time Ran out, Commander not there for qmr, Everything left transfered to defence  (Read 3925 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
They won the moral victory :)!! jk

Attackers have limited time frames (call it desertion, morale loss from long sieges, disease, whatever) to wina victory, otherwise they lose.  chadz implemented it to force attackers to actually attack rather than that favorite EU tactic - archer camp as attackers (too many eu players are archers i think as a percentage of the playerbase is part of the problem (NA's problem is too high ratio of strength build 2h/polearm)).  So when an attacker in a massive abttle archer camps for the first hour, he ends up running out of time and is forced to retreat/loses and defender keeps their fief.  So yes, great victory and great discipline by defenders not becoming attackers out of boredom with attackers pretending to be defenders.

P.S. I do think the max desertion percentage should be 50% of remaining troops or even 25%.  Posted this after the same thing happened to hospitallers when they attacked fallen in tulbuk.  chadz said percenatge si highets at beginning of abttle and lowest at end and he obviously got his mathematics wrong again.  Either way the maximum allowable amount is too high and the minimum is too low (1%).  Should be a range of 10-30% might be ideal.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 06:46:27 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
+5
I don't know the details, but keshs reasoning is correct. The question is: why did the attackers take so long?

Also, attackers running out of time is a defeat, not a draw. The objective of the defender is to defend until time runs out or defenders retreat or no attacker is left.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 06:48:08 pm by chadz »

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
+4
Well, gj HRE, achieving a draw with those odds isn't bad.
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
+1
keshs reasoning is correct.

I didn't read Kesh's post yet, I just saw this and...  :shock:

Well, gj HRE, achieving a draw with those odds isn't bad.

Wasn't a draw. As chadz said, it was a victory. Defenders successfully defended = win.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 07:03:11 pm by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Lepintoi

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Shu Han
  • Game nicks: Lepintoi
+1
So who is next to bang on the doors of Zagush Beer capital of Calradia? Raven? Bashibazouk? Hospitallers? Or maybe one nice big army combined ;) ?

Offline Skysong

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Skysong
+2
It's funny how ppl talk about HRE just because atackers sucked at timing.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
I don't know the details, but keshs reasoning is correct. The question is: why did the attackers take so long?

Also, attackers running out of time is a defeat, not a draw. The objective of the defender is to defend until time runs out or defenders retreat or no attacker is left.
the attackers didn't take "THAT" long we formed up a first time at the mill , and were instantly skirmishing on left and right flanks, but kept some troopers behind so the healing tent could be built.  After the healing tent was built 10min, we were constantly charging. We kept an even eye with the defenders on K/d ratio. So explain me how that would have been stalling, we didn't have that many archers nore shielders mostly 2h/pole arm dudes.

Even if you argue that it would be a loss because time ran out. Giving 95% of the remains to the enemy ... including tickets, come on really?

Then again if you want to have it that way, to prevent the possible archer stallement battles, then the retreat option needs to be extended, not only because of this here, but just to be able to retreat if reallife comes into the way of the party leader so that others in the responsible positions leading actualy the battle are able to make that retreat command.

learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Valdian

• Knight
  • Renown: 63
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis, Irish Band
  • IRC nick: Valdian
+1
I dont know a thing about the timing of the battle and what happened but For a change I agree with Kesh the defender should only gain half to 25% of the troops after  the time is up same thing with gear(less gear) but  the ammount it gained it was almost like the battle didnt happen at all
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 07:16:38 pm by Hospitaller_Valdian »

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
It's funny how people talk about HRE just because attackers sucked at timing.
I don't argue about timing, it wasn't my suggestion to just go ahead and attack, but to wait till prime time.
How or what did i talk about HRE, besides mentioning that both attackers as defenders were on eye level making a good job and having close to the same overall K/D ratio. If you want another flame war please go to another thread.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
+1
I dont know a thing about the timing of the battle and what happened but For a change I agree with Kesh the defender should only gain half to 25% of the troops after  the time is up same thing with gear(less gear) but  the ammount it gained it was almost like the battle didnt happen at all

Actually thats wrong. It was almost like the battle didnt happened to us ;)
Wouldnt extend that on your side. But like i said im glad i can probably take part in our real last stand then.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
After the time loss the troops shouldent of gone to the enimy maybe half should but not all i dont know anything about the time though i was asleep, But it should be set so the defender only gains half the troops in a case like that
there is no logical reason why any tickets at all would go to the defender, equipment left on teh ground from fleeing forces perhaps ^^, but tickets? This still is supposed to be RPG style orientated on reallife to some extent and making it enjoyable. With giving away these huge numbers(dumdidum yesterday i was an attacker trooper today i'll be defender trooper didldi and tommorow i beat the shit out of those i fought for before, this wasn't a planed ruse like mine where allies just became enemies ;) and btw great vid Lepintoi _HRE i got it added into my profile   :mrgreen:)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 07:26:05 pm by kinngrimm »

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
Actually thats wrong. It was almost like the battle didnt happened to us ;)
Wouldnt extend that on your side. But like i said im glad i can probably take part in our real last stand then.
i don't mind having a second fight, as it would be if the troop count and equipment would just stay the same after time would run out, but this is an advantage you get here which is not really earned but given by Fortuna, i guess you are aware of that.

Offline Lepintoi

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 18
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Shu Han
  • Game nicks: Lepintoi
We are aware of that, too bad we didn't take this cock-up into account...

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
You could find info in this post :

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,21571.0.html

That should explain a lot of things, at least about the general mechanics (because there is no answer about troops)

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
In honesty there are several issues here at stake. Both sides with good reasons. Let it not completely spoil the fun we're supposed to have at this game?

Yes, attackers should be encouraged to attack, yes time-out should be loss

but

Honestly, I find it understandable to be a bit buthurt if the rule are not clear on the subject AND even more importantly that the retreat function supposed to counter such functions were not properly able to be used.

Imo, this is a lesson learned a wee bit too hard. On the other hand, Fallen had another one coming etc. etc.

What am I try to say?

Kumbayah
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.