Poll

Do horses need a buff?

Yes
93 (45.1%)
No
113 (54.9%)

Total Members Voted: 206

Author Topic: Calvary needs a buff.  (Read 13111 times)

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
Re: Calvary needs a buff.
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2011, 03:27:54 pm »
Heavy cav does

Why do you think no one uses them?
On it.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2011, 03:55:23 pm »
Heavy cav does

coz they're expensive lol :P

Heavy cav imo is still better than light cav, light cav die, heavy cav annoy your team generally longer.

imo some of the light cav's HP/armor needs to be adjusted, when I went cav there was no reason to use a Rouncey over a Courser other than price. Courser has more... everything. Palfrey, steppe horse & desert horse are useless in my opinion ( I like a balance between fast & maneuverability & survivability ) because they have such low armor & health + next to nothing for a bump, I see no reason for ME to choose one of the gimped horses with less armor,hp,speed & charge damage
Rounce & Courser are THE horses if you're going light cav.

I always thought that the more mobile the horse was the less armor/hp it should have, I know it's expensive which can justify it being the best light horse but it really makes Cav look stale, all I see is Coursers and rounceys for light cav & warhorse, cata, & plated charger for heavy (though you hardly ever see heavy horses but when I do see them that's what I see being used.)

obviously just my opinion, & no I don't pay attention to every horse so maybe people are using the other light horses as well & I'm just blind/ignorant of it. :P

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2011, 03:57:29 pm »
Heavy cav does

Because they're worthless. I mean, the top I'd maybe consider is a destrier... but it doesn't last a lot more then a lighter horse really, and is a bit slow unless you heirloom it 2-3 times. Above that? Doesn't make a lot more sense these days.

Bear in mind that the speed and maneuver nerf percentually speaking hit the heavier horses more. Which I don't mind that much... but; the charge nerf also reduced a large part of their allure, and with the poliferation of throwing, their survivability isn't really any better, since the best defense against throwing and it's insane damage is to not get hit in the first place. So they don't really have a lot of reason for existing.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2011, 04:11:07 pm »
sumpter horse = wortless
rouncey = cheap+good
palfrey = fast
steppe horse/desert horse = lancing/HA
courser = lancing
saracen horse = everything
destrier = bumpslashing
all heavier = slow+expensive
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 04:17:12 pm by ThePoopy »

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2011, 04:12:55 pm »
Because they're worthless. I mean, the top I'd maybe consider is a destrier... but it doesn't last a lot more then a lighter horse really, and is a bit slow unless you heirloom it 2-3 times. Above that? Doesn't make a lot more sense these days.

Bear in mind that the speed and maneuver nerf percentually speaking hit the heavier horses more. Which I don't mind that much... but; the charge nerf also reduced a large part of their allure, and with the poliferation of throwing, their survivability isn't really any better, since the best defense against throwing and it's insane damage is to not get hit in the first place. So they don't really have a lot of reason for existing.

As far as I know they're going to nerf throwing next patch so what purpose would it solve to make heavy horses more effective when the reasoning behind making them more effective would be to stop throwers who won't be as effective anymore xD

Wow I used the word effective a little too much there.
I'd use a Courser over Destrier 20 hp and 9 more armor is really not that big of a difference when you consider the speed & maneuverability loss.

Destrier is light cav to me .. maybe light-medium lol but not at all heavy.

best heavy cav imo is Warhorse or Cata (I like balance between speed, maneuverability & survivability.... price comes last)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 04:14:18 pm by Memento_Mori »

Offline Huey Newton

• Duke
  • Renown: 555
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Huey_Newton
« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2011, 04:16:12 pm »
Cavalry don't need a buff
they are all fine the way they are
they just need to be cheaper
so light cav is a viable option

otherwise overpaying for a horse that gets shot down in 2-3 arrows is bullshit
clear and throughout

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2011, 04:24:07 pm »
Heavy cav is expensive sure but that's not the only reason people don't use them I'm sure plenty of cav players have 70k+ stock pile of gold (like me). I don't use em because it really isa a heavy investment for not alot of use. Their slow causing them to only act as walking, and I do mean walking targets for any range, or enemy light cav. Heavy cav sticks out like a sore thumb on the battlefield. With cav bumps near useless on all but the lightest of armored opponents I don't see a reason to go heavy cav when I can run around and one hit lance people on my courser. With the slow speed on heavy cav I don't think I even could one hit anybody.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 04:26:29 pm by Noble Crassius »
On it.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2011, 11:49:11 pm »
With the slow speed on heavy cav I don't think I even could one hit anybody.

Bear in mind that the cavalry speed nerf (deserved after riding skill change) percentually hit heavy cavalry more then light cavalry, since they all lost 2 speed rating. But percentually losing 2 speed rating on a 50 speed horse is a lot less then losing 2 speed rating on a 40 speed horse.

And survivability of a horse, bar the (especially heirloomed) riding 5 horses and maybe charger, is more about how not to get shot or piked/stabbed (the fast horses help with the first, the superagile horses help with the second) rather than being able to tank the hits. Really high amounts or cut, and especially pierce (which is very common) don't care about armour much, especially once you involve speed bonuses.

I just don't see a role for heavy horses anymore. That said, they were silly in the previous incarnation of crpg. But on the other hand now they've been reduced to effective ways of losing lots of gold.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 11:51:13 pm by bruce »
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Roran Hawkins

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hedge Knight
  • Game nicks: Roran
« Reply #128 on: March 08, 2011, 09:31:28 am »
Armoured horses is a status symbol for infantry, they can't ride them, but have too much money, cavalry players don't have enough moiney on the other hand.
We have armoured horses IG for the 3 people who rarely ever use them.
I think horses are way too expensive.

archers can afford armour, throwers can afford armour, infa can afford armour, Xbow can afford armour, cavalry CAN'T
cause horse upkeep is too expensive.

Offline Rextard

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Rextard, Rextardero, CornstablePonyGaper, CornporalCannonFodder
« Reply #129 on: March 08, 2011, 09:40:20 am »
So? Do you see the kills ROHYPNOL and RUFFIES get riding around shirtless?

Offline Roran Hawkins

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hedge Knight
  • Game nicks: Roran
« Reply #130 on: March 08, 2011, 09:55:03 am »
if anyone is skilled enough he can get kills.
if someone like Ragni would go naked with his coockies,he would get lot's of kills too.

talking about survivability.

even the most skilled player can die from a lucky hit. and if that skilled player is cavalry, it has less chance he'll survive because he can't wear better armour due to upkeep, while any infantry player or even archer could've survived that because they can afford.

Offline IRunUDie

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Freestyler
« Reply #131 on: March 08, 2011, 10:00:22 am »
I think cav needs to be nerfed

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #132 on: March 08, 2011, 05:59:03 pm »
I have:
Desert
Saranoid
Destrier
Cataphract
Plated Armadildo
and the best..
Courser.

And to think, just last week I heard peeps asking for a nerf to cav. The plated charger is for shits and giggles.

Edit: oh ya, NO.
If you are running low on cash, spend a gen as a ninja, you will probably have 100k + after wards.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 09, 2011, 10:48:03 pm »
if someone like Ragni would go naked with his coockies,he would get lot's of kills too.

"kills"... so that's what you rose boys call it. Ragni naked with his... coockies? Freudian slip? Mhm, mhm...

I now know why the clan's called "of Rose." It's an euphemism for "gay" if I'm getting this right. (Should've seen it coming though, we all should've)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 10:53:34 pm by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Honoured Guard)
« Reply #134 on: March 09, 2011, 10:52:33 pm »
Leave it the way it is.