Author Topic: Can we please fix throwing?  (Read 9520 times)

Offline Neux

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Can we please fix throwing?
« on: February 15, 2011, 10:40:27 am »
Shit is just getting retarded now.  It's too easy to be a thrower.... Needs to have some WPF requirement to be worth a shit... like archery.

PT should not be the only stat required to throw and kill. Having a WPF requirement to make it viable would weed out the random shit heads that pick it up as a secondary thing dumping 6+ points in it, it's just stupid.

Shit like this really just turns this mod into WoW. Unskilled things like throwing being available just by dumping a few skill points and hey now you're a fucking bad ass.

No player skill or effort required.

Now let the shit bad throwers come out and defend their only means of scoring kills.

....and go

Offline Spurdospera

• Earl
  • Renown: 315
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spurdo...
  • IRC nick: Spurdo
Re: Can we please fix throwing?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 10:51:16 am »
Have you ever tried throwing at all?
Quote from: Mortemer
spurdo is as useless as my hat.

Offline Neux

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 10:55:54 am »
Yes, I have tried throwing. And it is a dickless unskilled way to go.

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 11:04:56 am »
Obviosuly you havent tried it then......Throwing is VERY annoying when your ina  nice melee and suddenly it ends with headshot francisca BUT, THATS THE POINT. I imagine it was the same in real life: Turn your back on a viking, he will chuck an axe at you.

I do fine with 0 PT and 70 wpf on one char, PT3 and 120 wpf for my semi deidcated thrower, its still not easy to hit AWARE people.

If you arent looking or taking evasive, your dead meat for ANY ranged, but unless you are climbing a ladder, its not TOO hard to avoid someone chucking stuff, and they dont have much ammo anyway.

ONLY way I can see throwing being a problem would be if I had made a pure STR build, but since this is suicide vs any decent player anyway, noone should have a real probelm avoiding projectiles, its when your NOT LOOKING that they get you mostly, and in that aspect, WHO CARES if it was a throwing star or someone clubbing you, backstabbed IS backstabbed.
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Neux

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 11:11:16 am »
I have tried throwing, as I said. It took no effort at all to get kills with and that is a fact.

I have no problem with the few dedicated throwers, just the fact that EVERY OTHER PLAYER now seems to have throwing secondary.

It's just gotten to the point where it is too fucking easy mode so everyone picks it up.

There is no balance to it, there is no player effort required to do it, just a few skill points and you're good to go.

And buddy, as far as that real life bullshit you're talking.... first of all... "lol"  I really don't think in "real life" vikings ran around carrying 12 throwing axes.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 11:17:56 am by Neux »

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 11:27:21 am »
I have tried throwing, as I said. It took no effort at all to get kills with and that is a fact.

Then make it your main and ENJOY.

And buddy, as far as that real life bullshit you're talking.... first of all... "lol"  I really don't think in "real life" vikings ran around carrying 12 throwing axes.

Only takes one......
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Neux

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 11:31:43 am »
Then make it your main and ENJOY.

Only takes one......

Hey good point only takes one, so limit throwing to ONE per slot. Perfect idea buddy, thank you.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 11:50:01 am »
I consider throwing like xbow. You can pick up xbow as secondary weapon with just some WPF and no other req ( beside str ); for throwing its the other way around : no WPF, but PT; which is a dedicated effort to throwing.

Only thing is, the spammability and power of throwing is so great in alot of melee encounter, that it's clearly wiser (and easier) to now stop camp roofs as archers and go score kills in melee like a true badass.

Archers (and xbow) needs more love in my opinion, by buffing them or nerfing damage output of throwing weapons.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 11:52:37 am »
Crossbow's the most balanced right now. Accurate, deadly and fast moving projectile... but if you manage to dodge/the xbower misses, you get a lot of time to maneuver.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 12:59:44 pm »
bah my main is a pure polearm build and a I also have a alt strength build with 11PT and 11 PS and i can't say there is a big difference in K/d ratio.
And i suck at blocking...
I just checked and the difference in kill ratio is 0.01 lol

I don't get killed by thrower that much, just don't rush them if they are in a group and you don't have a shield. 

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 2015
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 02:46:41 pm »
Obviosuly you havent tried it then......Throwing is VERY annoying when your ina  nice melee and suddenly it ends with headshot francisca BUT, THATS THE POINT. I imagine it was the same in real life: Turn your back on a viking, he will chuck an axe at you.

I do fine with 0 PT and 70 wpf on one char, PT3 and 120 wpf for my semi deidcated thrower, its still not easy to hit AWARE people.

If you arent looking or taking evasive, your dead meat for ANY ranged, but unless you are climbing a ladder, its not TOO hard to avoid someone chucking stuff, and they dont have much ammo anyway.

ONLY way I can see throwing being a problem would be if I had made a pure STR build, but since this is suicide vs any decent player anyway, noone should have a real probelm avoiding projectiles, its when your NOT LOOKING that they get you mostly, and in that aspect, WHO CARES if it was a throwing star or someone clubbing you, backstabbed IS backstabbed.

:rolleyes:

Dedicated (pure throwers) have PT 10 or more. Semi dedicated (hybrid) throwers have 5-10 PT, usually 6 or 8 PT. While 5-6 PT throwers aren't an issue, everything above that is deadly and getting worse with every new PT skill point.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 02:49:08 pm »
The problem with throwing is their machinegun fire rate, countless times I was going towards a thrower, dodge the first 2 projectiles and just when I am about to hit him I get 1shot wtfpwned. It would be fair for the thrower to have to pull a melee weapon (or press x to use his throwing instrument as melee) instead of just spamming with 90% chance to win.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 02:54:32 pm »
Currenly it's like... manage to dodge 3-4 projectiles, if you're lucky hit them once.. then after they get hit, they can still throw shit at you, so you're probably dead. OR. Dodge 3-4 projectiles, watch them press X, block one attack, backpedal and throw some more shit.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 1231
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2011, 02:54:54 pm »
If they choose to switch to melee weapon in that situation, they will die because they can't block your hit. Switching to alternate mode isn't any better because you can only block, there is little chance you'll kill someone (unless you're using Heavy Throwing Axe or Throwing Lance).

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2011, 02:58:01 pm »
Duh, if you switch to alternate mode you're not going to be aiming to kill anyone. You want to block a hit or two, get enough distance to change to throwing mode, throw and in the unlikely scenario that your opponent doesn't die, repeat.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.