Author Topic: Can we please fix throwing?  (Read 9514 times)

Offline Maira

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • War is won at the cost of a great loss.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Houses of Cards (House of Hearts)
  • Game nicks: Loz, King_Charles_of_Hearts
Re: Can we please fix throwing?
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2011, 10:27:04 pm »
Can we have some throwing item that double as reasonable melee weapon ? Weapon that is focused more on melee than on throwing ?

Yes, throwing lances work well in melee, just put points in polearms and power strike. Also, I don't think it makes sense for a weapon to be stronger in melee than throwing, I guess the higher stats of throwing are to "simulate" per say, the momentum it gains, spinning etc., or something? More than if you'd simply took a swing or thrusted.

Edit: Oh, until throwing gets fixed... WE MUST ENDURE!~
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 10:29:11 pm by Maira »

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Can we please fix throwing?
« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2011, 10:31:55 pm »
Yes, throwing lances work well in melee, just put points in polearms and power strike. Also, I don't think it makes sense for a weapon to be stronger in melee than throwing, I guess the higher stats of throwing are to "simulate" per say, the momentum it gains, spinning etc., or something? More than if you'd simply took a swing or thrusted.

Edit: Oh, until throwing gets fixed... WE MUST ENDURE!~

Oh,  not higher melee than throwing, game mechanic prevent it. Just something that have more reach and is fast enough to deal some damage. Something with say 58/63 range that have very limited stack (say 2/3 axes) and double as melee weapon (and is worse in throwing than similar frnacisca).

Or spear that is quite long(100?) and works in similar way as shortened spear (but slightly owrse), and also have stack of 1 or 2.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 10:33:11 pm by UrLukur »
"Clava curva pie vinco"