Author Topic: Can we please fix throwing?  (Read 9519 times)

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
Re: Can we please fix throwing?
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2011, 05:04:55 pm »
Yes, because it is only fair for throwers to have 4 guaranteed kills lol.

guaranteed ? you know you cant aim and be 100% sure your weapon will go where you aimed.. if you want this you must be really close, and if its only you and the enemy you will propably loose, oh and throwing also have this nasty habit to go trought enemy whitout hitting him, like he is some sort of ghost..

as annoying it is right now it is only because lots of people started to play with it

Offline Vygar

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vygar_PxC, Divinicus_PxC, Tegashi_PxC
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2011, 05:11:12 pm »
I find throwing to be too powerful especially in comparison to Archery and XBow.  It does way too much damage and I've been 1shot through heavy armor many times. 

Offline Lamix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2011, 05:44:44 pm »
These are what I think would fix Throwing.

*Only being able to take 1 stack of throwing weapons.
*1PT every 4-6 str similar to horse archery skill. (This way it don't drop dmg too much while keeping PT10+ an impossibility and don't have to put anymore points into it)

That would make throwing more of a support skill then a dedicated class.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2011, 05:50:02 pm »
I would only change one thing about throwing. Slow down the amount of time between throws, especially for larger weapons like the javelin and throwing lance.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2011, 06:01:01 pm »
These are what I think would fix Throwing.

*Only being able to take 1 stack of throwing weapons.
*1PT every 4-6 str similar to horse archery skill. (This way it don't drop dmg too much while keeping PT10+ an impossibility and don't have to put anymore points into it)

I have yet to see virtually any dedicated throwers, the majority are still hybrids. If it has something other than 4 stacks of throwing, and if it has wpf and other stats towards something else, it isnt a dedicated thrower.

Incidently how often do you see a pure thrower, top the scoreboard? I could screenshot all my games and I can guarantee that in the majority of them, a melee char of some sort is at the top. Not that I put much stock in scores, but it is a good measurement of an effective build, it's how you get the kills afterall not how many.

By all means nerf throwing in some way, but dont base your opinions on those of the easily angered and irrational.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 06:08:10 pm by Templar_Ratigan »
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2011, 06:08:25 pm »
Hey good point only takes one, so limit throwing to ONE per slot. Perfect idea buddy, thank you.

Yeah best idea so far +1

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2011, 06:13:31 pm »
Remove the ability to throw while backpedalling, or make the thrower trip and impale his javelin or whatever into the back of his skull randomly when trying to do this. Fixes 75% of the annoyance with throwing.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Waffle

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja's
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Waffle; Fezzman
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2011, 06:25:34 pm »
Remove the ability to throw while backpedalling, or make the thrower trip and impale his javelin or whatever into the back of his skull randomly when trying to do this. Fixes 75% of the annoyance with throwing.

+1
but servers already laggy after last patch probably because of the new archery progamming, so adding more would just fuck it over completly

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2011, 06:58:32 pm »
I dont know how OP throwing is tbh, VS archery its a joke, I shoot the guys before they can get in effective range, and if not, same tactic works everytime:

Dodge and get close while I shoot at them and make them dodge, then pull sword and kill them, almost no thrower is ready to go to melee in time, they are obsessed with trying to get one more javelin launched.

9/10 times it works np.
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2011, 08:28:21 pm »
To all noobs scared of throwing: Stick with archers or crossbowman who will pick those guys off for you. Get a crushthrough/axe to protect them against shielders. Hide behind shieldmen in large groups, and you'll be fine. If you're a slowass plated 2 hander and you can't chase down a pure thrower, why the hell are you even chasing him? shouldn't you be bar maceing a crowd of scrubs or something?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2011, 08:36:00 pm »

You stole my suggestion, bitch. Backpedalling is what makes throwing so annoying, yes.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Sha_Wujing

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sha_Wujing, Sparknekt
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2011, 09:10:24 pm »
i can see why throwing is annoing. people are spamming everywhere.
but other then the axe, the low skilled throwing dosnt do that much damage.
and the axe is close ranged. but i agree that spamming should be punished.
its a throwaway (sub)class, it should be expensive ass hell... you cant throw away all your weapons
and expect to get them all back for free the next round... arrows,bolts and throwing gear should have a refill payment each round, it should be adviced to throw less and people should pick it up instead of spamming it all over. people need to think twise before they throw a handfull of steel away. this way a thrower would need to go and pick it up and a tinman would know that staying close to a thrown weapon could lead to a kill. my main attack is throwing, so this is comming from someone you hate ingame.

and a question, the weight of the throwing weapons? do they get reduced?
lets say that 7 war darts is a weight of 3... is 2 war dars then 0.8 in weight?

its a bit contradictive to ask, because if it is... then i am going to spam away all my throwing to get weight redced.
since i run faster with less weight.

and contradictive is good i guess? if its expensive to throw them, but you need light weight and want to throw them.
then you will think twise before you stock up 24 war darts?

random fact:
I imagine it was the same in real life: Turn your back on a viking, he will chuck an axe at you.
its a myth that vikings where axe throwers, they didnt have the money to use that much steel,
(you could call them Peasants..)
they used really light weight armor, only wood sheilds to stop arrows, and the ones who had stolen enough loot and survived got enough money to buy a badass helmet. archery is actully something they where really known for since they where hunters back home.
their tactics where to be fast and destructive. and get out of the town befor other towns around noticed the attack and could come with support, if planned we are talking minutes. and a real viking loved defenless churches and defencless monks. another random fact is that the word "bag" is from the vikings, they had a leather thing on their back that they called a bag and that was where the loot whent.

Offline Roh_

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2011, 09:59:35 pm »
Shame they can't adjust the rate at which your accuracy returns after an attack. If throwing got useless innacurate for a few solid sec after each toss that would balance things well.

This way a thrower can still quickly toss them at a good time. But cant continue to spam like mad. not if they want to avoid wasting ammo.

Offline Motorsheep

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2011, 10:25:04 pm »
I play a thrower myself as a side char and I think it's a little overpowered. Reducing ammo would go a long way, I think. E.g. 2 per slot for axes instead of 4 would make a huge difference in my opinion.

Offline Sha_Wujing

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sha_Wujing, Sparknekt
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2011, 10:37:06 pm »

but a master thrower is a dedicated class, not everyone like slamming around with a onehitkill barmaze, and if all the throwers where slow and strong that would make it silly for other then heavy armored people and destroy the pole as a 2nd/1st weapon.
what stops people from wearing a all the way heavy armor with a bad ass super heavy armored horse and a 100foot lancer with a diamond arrow at the front? money. make throwing expensive, and people will stop abusing it.

i dont support the only one stack, because i am trying to be a thrower/polearmer, and the throwing lance would be great for that.
but if it is expensive to refill it will get tuned down. people dont usualy want to waste money, right?
there isnt much materials in a arrow, compaired to an axe.
so it would ofcourse be allot cheaper to be a archer.