Author Topic: Can we please fix throwing?  (Read 9516 times)

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
Re: Can we please fix throwing?
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2011, 07:46:10 pm »
Could always disable the drop feature. Why would you want to drop your weapon, if you know you can't scavenge. It'd also help with chadz's "let's make heirlooms rare and special" since you couldn't loot them and use them.

Offline Krakatit

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Krakatit
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2011, 07:49:01 pm »
Well i use to drop unnecesary weapons when engaging in melee. For example i drop xbow because it only slows me down...

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Dedicated siege tower pusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2011, 07:53:23 pm »
Just a thought:

Throwing lances: damage 60 pierce
(polearms) lances: damage 27 pierce

Why a thrown weapon would get extra power?
Same propelling arm = same strength = same damage. Doesn't it make sense?

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2011, 08:13:58 pm »
Just a thought:

Throwing lances: damage 60 pierce
(polearms) lances: damage 27 pierce

Why a thrown weapon would get extra power?
Same propelling arm = same strength = same damage. Doesn't it make sense?

And powerthrow 10% damage per level, powerstrike 8% per level, too. Don't forget that bit.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Duke

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2011, 08:22:02 pm »
And powerthrow 10% damage per level, powerstrike 8% per level, too. Don't forget that bit.

I think that disparity is because the stats are taken from Native, where you'd normally only have a handful of throwing items versus 150~ enemies.... so Tale Worlds made Power Throw really good, but in a strictly multi-player setting it can be very overpowered.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2011, 08:27:50 pm »
I think that disparity is because the stats are taken from Native, where you'd normally only have a handful of throwing items versus 150~ enemies.... so Tale Worlds made Power Throw really good, but in a strictly multi-player setting it can be very overpowered.

Yes, and it's not changeable, same with powerdraw etc. So we're stuck with it as it is... native stats weren't intended for balanced multiplayer freeform character building. This makes balancing crpg a huge pain.

Best ban reason ever:
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2011, 02:54:54 am »
Yes, and it's not changeable, same with powerdraw etc. So we're stuck with it as it is... native stats weren't intended for balanced multiplayer freeform character building. This makes balancing crpg a huge pain.

Cmp did some t(r)o(o)(l)ls to change those harcoded parts, i wish him best, even if i personally loathe him.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Furax

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2011, 06:18:02 am »
I have a pure thrower, not pure in the sense of massive amounts of PT, but WPF all the way in throwing.. And ive "dumped" points into PS, i rape everyone with my katana at 1wpp sooo.. By some peoples logic here: 2handers are waaaay overpowered and needs to be nerfed asap by the simple fact that I am a pure thrower that still tears shit up in melee.

Offline Duke

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2011, 09:04:48 am »
I have a pure thrower, not pure in the sense of massive amounts of PT, but WPF all the way in throwing.. And ive "dumped" points into PS, i rape everyone with my katana at 1wpp sooo.. By some peoples logic here: 2handers are waaaay overpowered and needs to be nerfed asap by the simple fact that I am a pure thrower that still tears shit up in melee.

I'd say that "raping" people with only 1wpp needs to be nerfed, yeah, not the 2-handed weapon itself.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2011, 09:18:50 am »
I can block and kill a katana with my 1h sword, I can't do the same to a 1wpf throwing projectile.
Best ban reason ever:

Offline Armbrust_Schtze

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 110
  • cRPG Player
  • (being watched)
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Philip :)
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2011, 10:39:27 am »
IT IS STUPID THROWING AXES DO MOAR DEMAGE STROWN THAN SLASHED WITH HANDS (physically way dumb)! IF YOU ARE STUPID AND IF YOU HAS OTHER OPINION - DISCUSS WITH ME!

throweres are really OP nerf them!
This masterwork bolt will send you straight to hell Tincan!

Offline MrExxc

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Don't pronounce it "EKsKsSee", just "X"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Exxc, Poussiere_Supreme
  • IRC nick: Exxc
« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2011, 11:18:03 am »
Hmm i feel like throwing is going through a hard period lately. But ultimately, I think it is balanced, people got used to the early 30 (boring) seconds when all shit gets tossed out, and then the real melee starts. Although I think the amount of throws you got should be nerfed, make max ammo decrease by 1 for example. Let's not forget too that it's essentially 2handers that complain, because they don't want to spend shield points or even carry one. I'm myself a 2hander, and I adapted to the general throwing rage going on lately and bought a shield, no problems anymore, it might break once you reach the melee, but who cares, you didn't get hit early on.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 11:19:47 am by MrExxc »

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2011, 01:13:26 pm »
throwing weapons by itself are imo balanced. only to many people equip them for my taste - this leads to that ridiculous throwing spam before each battle.

throwing is just to effective for to few skillpoints. if throwing weapons would be limited by powerthrow or better by wpf, we wouldn't have so many throwers here, yet the dedicated throwers or really PURE hybrids (not those who take 4 pt just for fun) would keep their abilities.

some merc wrote that all weapon requirements should be based on PS(PT) and WPF rather than strength - i agree with that, it would solve a lot of balancing problems.
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Darter

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Secik
« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2011, 05:20:12 pm »
guys are you really think that smth gonna be change? :)

Offline Stormcrow

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
  • The spirit is willing, but the body is weak
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stormcrow, Ragnarok
« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2011, 05:26:44 pm »
Throwing needs to become more accuarte with weapon points. This way players will have to put points into agility and wpm. This would prevent strength builds from being effective because they would be inaccurate. also remove lances.
Gen 19 lvl34 archer