Author Topic: Can we please fix throwing?  (Read 9518 times)

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
Re: Can we please fix throwing?
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2011, 08:21:11 pm »
Gotta agree with Kophka

Throwing got more popular only after archers got nerfed. There are many throwers , and many of them are very bad at throwing. Ask good players what they think about more throwers, it's just easier kills for them (imo).

Throwing is now so slow that if you,re facing an enemy and you miss 2-3 times in a row , chances that he's very close to you now. And if he has a shield , like many people do now, throwing is ineffective.

And axes in melee are blockable .. it has a small range and it's pretty slow if you don't have much WPF. I keep getting block and c/b so unless Grey you can prove your point, I think it's inexact.

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2011, 08:24:06 pm »
Kophka I am actually amazed to find someone else who actually noticed this :D. Its most likely because of the upkeep which nerfs heavy armour so its easier to kill people now there are more with lower armour.

But as you quite rightly said throwing is now more easily dodgable duea much slower velocity, as opposed to before when it was like lightening.
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline Trout4711

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: Too many. Fucking Alt-titis
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2011, 09:18:32 pm »
Kophka I am actually amazed to find someone else who actually noticed this :D. Its most likely because of the upkeep which nerfs heavy armour so its easier to kill people now there are more with lower armour.

But as you quite rightly said throwing is now more easily dodgable duea much slower velocity, as opposed to before when it was like lightening.

WTF does that "watched" shit under your avatar mean? Some new repressive measure that the powers-to-be invented?

Also, throwing is the new archery.

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2011, 11:01:23 pm »
I agree completely, since archery was terribly frustrating for some due to the sheer amount of it on the servers. That's why throwing ought to be changed, but intelligently, not just nerfed for the sake of rage.

As for the watched thing I think it has something to do with admins keeping an eye on those they deem troublesome, or should that be trollsome.
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2011, 09:11:18 am »
As a thrower I say we tremendously increase accuracy and remove croshair.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Trout4711

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: Too many. Fucking Alt-titis
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2011, 09:29:54 am »
As for the watched thing I think it has something to do with admins keeping an eye on those they deem troublesome, or should that be trollsome.

HEY, why don't I have that? Come on admins, stop sleeping!

As a thrower I say we tremendously increase accuracy and remove croshair.

Yea, right. Esp because it is so hard to just paint a tipex dot onto your monitor at the correct position.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 09:32:19 am by Trout4711 »

Offline tankmen

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2011, 09:46:23 am »
remove throwing lances...... i had a friend start up the game play for 3 weeks n go throwing, and rape face by using throwing lances, he topped the scores because each lance if used right guaranteed a kill, his name was squire cooper, heres proof

http://www.thefallenones.com/cRPG/

when it comes to large games naturally throwers wont top the charts due to ammo, (though with so many throwers ammo is every where) but what annoys people is this, a guy with a throwing lances back peddling til he can throw a lance at point blank range which cant possibly miss and killing you, sure his team may lose but whats bothering people is that they cant do anything to stop a throwing lance, i refused to ride my champion charger because it would get 2 shot, i could take 2 if i stood still or one if i ran at him, which due to the bubble on my shield being gone i quickly realize his lance would peg my leg n 1 shot me, that is when its op, i cant do anything to a thrower as melee, getting closer only helps them, and sure they miss but if they kill you they just pick up there axes /spear/ lances/ n go find another guy to kill. i dont even know why people say ammo makes them balanced, logically they only lose/use the ones that get stuck in a dead guy, or his shield, other than they have a full pack. 
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2011, 11:16:51 am »
Well yes, that's why ive always said remove lances, they are a silly weapon with a silly amount of damage.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2011, 03:28:57 pm »
Yes... and all you need to do is hit once = instakill, then pick up the lances you missed.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2011, 05:28:50 pm »
Yes, throwing lances are super strong, dmg wise. They miss just as (or more) often than normal throwing weapons, and the 2 shots per stack make them a little more reasonable. People that hit you with them are good at throwing, that's really all there is to it. I miss point blank shots with throwing all the time, and lose javs into a shield.

That said, making ammo unable to be scavenged for ALL ranged weapons is really not all that unreasonable, and maybe even melee weapons too. Dance with the one you brung.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2011, 06:20:57 pm »
The throwing lances while silly ... well, if he can have 16 throwing axes that take 90% of your health instead of 4 lances that take all ...

Offline Krakatit

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Krakatit
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2011, 06:30:10 pm »
Yes, throwing lances are super strong, dmg wise. They miss just as (or more) often than normal throwing weapons, and the 2 shots per stack make them a little more reasonable. People that hit you with them are good at throwing, that's really all there is to it. I miss point blank shots with throwing all the time, and lose javs into a shield.

That said, making ammo unable to be scavenged for ALL ranged weapons is really not all that unreasonable, and maybe even melee weapons too. Dance with the one you brung.

But removing possibility of picking up weapons would reduce fun aspect of the game greatly...

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2011, 06:46:19 pm »

You can miss point blank, but how fun is it to get 1 hit killed by something unblockable, ESPECIALLY if it's a random chance?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2011, 07:15:00 pm »
But removing possibility of picking up weapons would reduce fun aspect of the game greatly...
And if you accidentally dropped a weapon that would mean you couldn't get it back and would then be kicked for leeching.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Krakatit

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Krakatit
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2011, 07:38:34 pm »
And if you accidentally dropped a weapon that would mean you couldn't get it back and would then be kicked for leeching.

True! It happens to me a lot when i let my rats to be on my table. They use to walk through my keyboard
and somehow they like to press the G button...