Author Topic: The huge nerff patch  (Read 12457 times)

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
Re: The huge nerff patch
« Reply #165 on: November 29, 2011, 12:11:08 am »
+1
Lol.  Fuck overpowered cav.  They really need to cut cav armor in half. especially the heavier cav.  Its wrong for pikes and just about everything to glance off them.  Only thing that dents them are bodkins but that still takes 6-7 shots.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(click to show/hide)

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #166 on: November 29, 2011, 12:16:06 am »
No big changes. Just minor balancing. I think most of it makes sense.

Also, great job with the crpg launcher.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 29, 2011, 06:02:51 am »
I was slightly disappointed I couldn't crutch so much on my armor but the stab feels like one a little more and the animation ends earlier it seems.
And how!

Offline ToniTcc

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_ToniTcc, Fallen_Inheritor
« Reply #168 on: November 29, 2011, 06:51:30 am »
I'm not seeing any difference before the patch and after. People say that archers got nerfed, but just moments ago this one archer took over 80% of my health with one shot. I'm thick gothic plated knight and very confused by this new "nerf" patch thing.
Archers didn't get nerfed, I'm still too easily getting killed by them, and their amount is still increasing. In the game I started arguing about this, but got just comments like "this is just a game", "stfu" and so on.
Well I must admit that this is game, but games are made to be played, and "fuckheads" like me, who wants something to be changed is something, what you see everyday.
Only difference is that theres like a lot of people like me, who demands the archer nerf. Shielders are crying that "take a shield", or "go to cover". It's much easier said than done. I myself won't even think about starting to hide behind a shield or spend most of time in covers... All 2handers are fucked up untill you are not in biggest pile, where archer most likely will only kill their teammates.
In battles, where there is like 10-20 players, archers just DOMINATE the battlefield. These one man armies can easily take out the whole opposite team just by running and shooting.
I'm okay with bodkins to pierce armor(leather, chain), but not okay with the idea that it pierces plated armor. Arrows just doesn't have the power to do that. I'm okay with lances, cav and crossbowmen, but these fucking archers just keep coming and killing. For example, what happened around 30min ago. One archer left, 4 two-handers left, Archer keeps running, shoots me first(gothic plate), then comes guys from Nord clan with heavy kuyaks, both gets one shotted(yes, the battle was fierce with meleers, but I had like over half of my hp left) and lastly the other plated guy who also gets one shotted.
I don't know, if you got the idea, but it's here. For meleers IT'S IMPOSSIBLE to beat archers untill these fuckers go melee, which rarely happens. Battles like 5 two-handers versus 1-2 archers are always owned by those archers.
Tales of the fallen brigayd wasn't quite the bedtime story I was looking for.

Offline Anal Bleeding

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 105
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 29, 2011, 07:03:06 am »
horse bump dmg is too much

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #170 on: November 29, 2011, 10:45:57 am »
That's why I'm playing mostly on siege servers, no spawn raping cavalry,well it happens  :mrgreen: but not in every round like on battle server. Archers are not so annoying for most of the time they just shooting eachother and there are also a lot of places where you can hide, they always make me laugh when flag is going down and just keep staring at it from the roof  :lol:, you can say that they are useless in malee, sure that's in most of the cases true but they could go down and buy another few seconds until reinforcments will come.  Fighting is more intense, you just keep spwaning without a need to wait 2 or 3 minutes untill some campers finally decide to commit suicide  :rolleyes:.
I've lost few body armor points on looms nerf, but I don't see a real difference, it may be a bit easier to kill me, I can deal with it. Archers lost their 1 or 2 damage from their arrows, I've lost 4 body armor points, sounds fair enough to me. Exept whining on the forum nothing has really changed in gameplay, at least for me. I guess some guys are even happy that long spear has overhead atttack again, so as some players with new 2h stab animation.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 10:48:18 am by Dalhi »

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #171 on: November 29, 2011, 10:47:37 am »
Native MB is pretty balanced between cav, infantry and ranged and each has it's purpose.

To be fair, for organised (small scale) matches with skilled players this was true for the Native maps with the usual MotF strategy. Well, at least 2 years ago. Saying this as former ENL winner. On a public server with randoms it's of course different.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #172 on: November 29, 2011, 11:23:16 am »
Archers rock.
It's quite frustrating that, even as a shielder, there's not much I can do against one. He'll just run away until I give up or until I get lanced in the back by one of his buddies.
When there's 2, they'll split up and as soon as I chase one, the other shoots me in the back. At least vs 2 or 3 melee I still have a shot at killing them.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 11:36:56 am by Spawny »

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 29, 2011, 12:00:52 pm »
Archers rock.
It's quite frustrating that, even as a shielder, there's not much I can do against one. He'll just run away until I give up or until I get lanced in the back by one of his buddies.
When there's 2, they'll split up and as soon as I chase one, the other shoots me in the back. At least vs 2 or 3 melee I still have a shot at killing them.

Is this a whine for an Archery nerf? Because its pretty shitty, Archers are allowed that fighting chance just as you are allowed to chance them.

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #174 on: November 29, 2011, 12:16:26 pm »
Is this a whine for an Archery nerf? Because its pretty shitty, Archers are allowed that fighting chance just as you are allowed to chance them.

It isn't. It's just frustrating that the 1h/shielder class is supposed to be the "counter" to ranged (xbow/throwing/archery), but nobody told the archers.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #175 on: November 29, 2011, 12:27:17 pm »
+3
Shielders a counter to archer is a joke, your shield is more usefull to protect you from your teammate than from archers (only shity archer shoot you in shield, good one shoot you in legs or even head).
This is very paradoxal, your shield is here to protect you against arrows, so you run after archers, but your shield slow you down that much that you will never reach any archer.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #176 on: November 29, 2011, 05:21:29 pm »
To be fair, for organised (small scale) matches with skilled players this was true for the Native maps with the usual MotF strategy. Well, at least 2 years ago. Saying this as former ENL winner. On a public server with randoms it's of course different.

Didn't those usually end up with both teams camping and shooting at each other constantly with crossbows and bows? Cause of how ridiculously effective (speed/accuracy) they are in Native? Although I can see how MoTf would mitigate that.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #177 on: November 29, 2011, 05:29:03 pm »

For the most part it's true.  It will never be 100% balanced in anyone's mind (or in everyone's mind).  I just think you should stick with the gameplay settings and let people just get used to them and craft their character around it.  Making drastic changes to classes in the patches really fucks people over and alienates your core players.  Making it so you have to gain an extra 2 riding to keep your heirloomed courser when you don't ever plan on retiring again alienates people and makes them leave game.  I'm assuming nerfing people's arrows will do the same.  I'm not using these as specific examples, just to show the general pattern that people are choosing skills, classes, and equipment based on what the settings are today, and then 2 months down the road you could completely change everything for that class and make their character and equipment obsolete.

I don't know who makes the decision that something is over powered or under powered, I'd rather the dev's didn't listen to all the people bitching about how "OP" certain classes are and focus more on bugs and fixes.  Trying to balance the classes is going to be a never ending battle, and you'd still never appease everyone.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #178 on: November 29, 2011, 05:31:07 pm »
I'm not seeing any difference before the patch and after. People say that archers got nerfed, but just moments ago this one archer took over 80% of my health with one shot. I'm thick gothic plated knight and very confused by this new "nerf" patch thing.
Archers didn't get nerfed, I'm still too easily getting killed by them, and their amount is still increasing. In the game I started arguing about this, but got just comments like "this is just a game", "stfu" and so on.
Well I must admit that this is game, but games are made to be played, and "fuckheads" like me, who wants something to be changed is something, what you see everyday.
Only difference is that theres like a lot of people like me, who demands the archer nerf. Shielders are crying that "take a shield", or "go to cover". It's much easier said than done. I myself won't even think about starting to hide behind a shield or spend most of time in covers... All 2handers are fucked up untill you are not in biggest pile, where archer most likely will only kill their teammates.
In battles, where there is like 10-20 players, archers just DOMINATE the battlefield. These one man armies can easily take out the whole opposite team just by running and shooting.
I'm okay with bodkins to pierce armor(leather, chain), but not okay with the idea that it pierces plated armor. Arrows just doesn't have the power to do that. I'm okay with lances, cav and crossbowmen, but these fucking archers just keep coming and killing. For example, what happened around 30min ago. One archer left, 4 two-handers left, Archer keeps running, shoots me first(gothic plate), then comes guys from Nord clan with heavy kuyaks, both gets one shotted(yes, the battle was fierce with meleers, but I had like over half of my hp left) and lastly the other plated guy who also gets one shotted.
I don't know, if you got the idea, but it's here. For meleers IT'S IMPOSSIBLE to beat archers untill these fuckers go melee, which rarely happens. Battles like 5 two-handers versus 1-2 archers are always owned by those archers.

I heard bodkin arrows are now 2 less damage, but do pierce damage instead of cut (the way arrows work in native, as opposed to doing cutting damage before the update).  Pierce will go right through your heavy armor.  I'm assuming that was the case, or you just got shot in the head hitbox.
That's why I'm playing mostly on siege servers, no spawn raping cavalry,well it happens  :mrgreen: but not in every round like on battle server. Archers are not so annoying for most of the time they just shooting eachother and there are also a lot of places where you can hide, they always make me laugh when flag is going down and just keep staring at it from the roof  :lol:, you can say that they are useless in malee, sure that's in most of the cases true but they could go down and buy another few seconds until reinforcments will come.  Fighting is more intense, you just keep spwaning without a need to wait 2 or 3 minutes untill some campers finally decide to commit suicide  :rolleyes:.
I've lost few body armor points on looms nerf, but I don't see a real difference, it may be a bit easier to kill me, I can deal with it. Archers lost their 1 or 2 damage from their arrows, I've lost 4 body armor points, sounds fair enough to me. Exept whining on the forum nothing has really changed in gameplay, at least for me. I guess some guys are even happy that long spear has overhead atttack again, so as some players with new 2h stab animation.

I'm usually cavalry lancing and I don't really see much "spawn raping cavalry" and I sure didn't last night playing for 6 hours on NA_CRPG1.  If you spawn late and aren't with the group of infantry moving away from spawn then you are probably going to be dealing with enemy cavalry, but if you stick with the main group you usually will have your own cavalry support, as well as archers and pikemen to help you.  There were a lot of cavalry on last night, but most of the time we were able to keep the enemy cavalry at bay until our footmen were able to get some cover.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 05:34:05 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Skorpien

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Skorpien_the_Grey
« Reply #179 on: November 29, 2011, 05:51:15 pm »
0 Pierce?  :shock: Tatars are better now.  :mad:
"Men of the South, Raise Your Banners High! Let the Serpent Army Go Forth, Bring Up the Great Mumakil and Unleash All Your Hatred!"