Poll

Should armor looms be reduced in effectiveness?

Yes
52 (55.3%)
No
42 (44.7%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Author Topic: Armor heirlooms  (Read 7209 times)

Offline Deathwhisper

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers guild
    • View Profile
Re: Armor heirlooms
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2011, 09:34:55 am »
You also seem to forget that 1 armor loom is about as effective as 1 weapon loom. Except that you can get 2 body armor looms (body + gloves) while most weapons (except bows / crossbows) get only 1. The real issue imo is that offense doesn't get as many looms as defense. There should be another way of increasing melee / throwing weps through heirlooming, in order to make them as effective as armor looms.

I don't see the point of nerfing armor looms though. They're fine. They barely do anything against pierce and blunt weapons, which you're already supposed to use against tincans.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2011, 09:49:59 am »
You also seem to forget that 1 armor loom is about as effective as 1 weapon loom. Except that you can get 2 body armor looms (body + gloves) while most weapons (except bows / crossbows) get only 1. The real issue imo is that offense doesn't get as many looms as defense. There should be another way of increasing melee / throwing weps through heirlooming, in order to make them as effective as armor looms.

I don't see the point of nerfing armor looms though. They're fine. They barely do anything against pierce and blunt weapons, which you're already supposed to use against tincans.

Every new loomed armor makes pierce and blunt better and nerfs cut.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2011, 09:51:32 am »
Also, armor gets only 1 attribute improved with looming while melee weapons also get speed increase on the last loom.

Again, it's pretty realistic that there is more room for improvement for something that is big as whole human body with weight of 20+kg, than there is for something that is narrow, long and only 2.5kg heavy.

As far as offense goes, I think players should learn how to effectively deal with +3 tin cans, rather than adjusting the game so everyone can be effective, but this is matter for the "Beginner's Help and Guides".

Realism is not a great way to balance a multiplayer game.

There is no "effective way" to deal with lordly armor.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2011, 01:17:34 pm »
The only reason to go full plate was glancing, now that this has been severly reduced, full plate is no longer worth its money. I have a set with 83 body armor, but even 1h cut doesn't glance on it anymore.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2011, 01:55:37 pm »
Please remove this silly fallacy from your head.
No one worries about noobs with looms.

I dont really worry about "Pros" with looms either.

People like Chase and such would kill me without loomed armor and Weapons just aswell as they do with them.

And if I happen to kill them, that 14 Body armor more isnt a world.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Kocik_4th

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: looking for
  • Game nicks: Kocik
  • IRC nick: Kocik
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2011, 02:02:12 pm »
+1
no1 will retire or buy loom point for fukin +1 defence. only poors voted yes
Küfür mü? Ne küfürü? aaa?

Offline Deathwhisper

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2011, 02:05:50 pm »
Realism is not a great way to balance a multiplayer game.

There is no "effective way" to deal with lordly armor.

Hit the head, most people don't have their helmet loomed (and even if they do, it doesn't change much).

Otherwise, you've got bec, morningstar, great maul or steel pick, which are probably the best tincan openers of their category.

I agree heirlooms nerf cut more than pierce, but it's the way it is. Cut weapons already have a lot of advantages over pierce / blunt weapons, they can't be the best at everything.

Offline Kocik_4th

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: looking for
  • Game nicks: Kocik
  • IRC nick: Kocik
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2011, 02:08:24 pm »
and there's a point, real characters (str based or balanced) can kill me with 3 hits even i have lordly milanese plate, gauntlet, helmet. Only agi noobs glances on me. People wants to be fastest and strongest. it's impossible. if you wanna kill people do not make 24-27 agi characters.
Küfür mü? Ne küfürü? aaa?

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2011, 02:10:37 pm »
Yep.With 6 PS I never glanced yet, except for 2 times on Georges(Using a Spear/Boar spear)
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.

Offline Iymore

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 104
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balamir
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2011, 02:12:57 pm »
NO

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2011, 02:30:31 pm »
Hit the head, most people don't have their helmet loomed (and even if they do, it doesn't change much).

Otherwise, you've got bec, morningstar, great maul or steel pick, which are probably the best tincan openers of their category.

I agree heirlooms nerf cut more than pierce, but it's the way it is. Cut weapons already have a lot of advantages over pierce / blunt weapons, they can't be the best at everything.

Helmet looms do make it harder to kill someone by hitting their head, obviously. Plus hitting the head is harder than hitting the body. And that's hardly a counter. Hitting the head is always better.

All those weapons are short and/or have other negative side-effects. You see, it'd be fine if only tin cans had absurd amounts of armor. But it's not like that, which is the problem. Short weapons suck against someone with a longer weapon and good mobility... and seeing as you can wear 14 weight armors and get 70+ armor rating, well....
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2011, 02:37:01 pm »
Tincans can move suprisingly fast too..

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2011, 02:42:47 pm »
I cant believe al the hate for armor looms..I know for fact that Vibe and Xant are good players, but that makes it only more weird...

Iam average at best and I never had any problems with Tincans loomed or unloomed, nor did I have problems with loomed armors in general, I just fight and kill them.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1838
  • Infamy: 2840
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2011, 02:46:30 pm »
+2
Tincans can move suprisingly fast too..

Yeah I'm a fast tincan. But high agility is good for two things, chasing cowards (ranged) and being a coward myself (running away). In duel higher agi almost means nothing if the opponent is semi-skilled and in fights vs group of enemies you'll still be poked by spears/pikes. Agi builds are fun but I think I would be much more efficient with 24/18 build instead of 18/24.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2011, 02:47:48 pm »
+2
I cant believe al the hate for armor looms..I know for fact that Vibe and Xant are good players, but that makes it only more weird...

Iam average at best and I never had any problems with Tincans loomed or unloomed, nor did I have problems with loomed armors in general, I just fight and kill them.

There's two problems with lordly armor as I see it:

1) One player has it, one doesn't. Assume equal skill. Sir Unloomed hits the loomed guy four times, he doesn't die. Loomed guy hits Sir Unloomed twice, Unloomed guy dies. That shit gets any competitively minded player pissed.

2) Both players have lordly armors. Game speed is currently pretty slow and recent updates have only worked to make it slower, so fighting is a lot more forgiving. Add in to this lordly armor and both players can make plenty of mistakes before dying, making duels last forever.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.