Author Topic: Your most memorable cRPG game  (Read 3614 times)

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
Re: Your most memorable cRPG game
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2012, 09:29:20 pm »
+1
Succesfull grave digging is succesful! I knew this thread had forgotten potential! :mrgreen:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2012, 10:01:02 pm »
Succesfull grave digging is succesful! I knew this thread had forgotten potential! :mrgreen:

lol i just realized the date of the original post haha one year has past

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 12:45:29 am »
lol i just realized the date of the original post haha one year has past
Just don't care about it and keep going ya'll. Some epic stories got told already!

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 12:52:28 am »
+1
I was duelling a cav thrower once.

We managed to both kill each other at the same time. Me eating a jarid, him with a sword stab in the nose.

And I won.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2012, 01:04:50 am »
+2
Just don't care about it and keep going ya'll. Some epic stories got told already!
Yeah. Threads like this will never grow old or outdated. I myself really enjoy reading stuff like this.

I don't really got any cool stories that's stuck in my mind, but I remember a recent one. Was playing siege and just goofing around, spawning with my One Handed War Axe and nothing else. Normally it's really crappy because of it's length so I usuually pick up something longer. But I had just respawned and was one my way to the flag, when I ran into a group of 7-9 two-handers and polearms walking up the stairs to the side of me. On this particular map the staircase was one of the last choke points before the flag. I also noticed that there were only one guy left at the flag after the last wave of attackers. So I jump down on the staircase, thinking to at least slow them down so reinforcements could arrive, only armed with my little , short axe. But in the cramped area of that staircase, the axe showed it's true glory. I ran between the 2handers and polearmers, hitting right and left as I went, never doing two attacks on the same guy. Those of them who tried to attack me either hit bumped the stairs, walls or their own teammates, and those who managed to get off a proper attack always found an ally between me and them. Some of them just even stood there helplessly while they got hit by me or their allies, while I ran and swung for my dear life, never glancing because of the short reach of my axe. It truly showed how wonderful it could be that day. Sadly, the story doesn't end well, as when I got the final hit on the final guy (through his dead ally that he just tk'ed) I did a jump of joy and got headshotted when I landed. Fuck you archers, fuck you.

I was thinking of selling or trading the axe before that, but now I can't make myself part with it. It's like the three-legged dog you found and nurtured, and who once saved you from some robbers. It's not perfect and far from the "best", but you know it's there for you, and you only :D
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2012, 02:00:33 am »
Dunno about my most memorable moment at battle server, but recently I achieved something I never thought was possible. I was in the duel ground with one of the most frustratingly good players in this mod. I was willing to learn some new tricks and try some of those I had in my sleeves. At first I lost pretty much every duel with that mighty dueler and fighter. My mind started to tell me he is not beatable for me. But goddamit I kept fighting and trying my best. My goal was to beat him even if he'd send me to Valhall 100 times more. Then there came the moment I have been waiting for. I dueled bravely and blocked all his held attacks and hiltslashes. I was consiously in blocking mode to make my move. I waited until the beast came facehugging me and started those feints. HEJA! before he decided to hit me for real I kicked him into nuts and slashed him hard with my fully loomed long war axe. I had kickslashed Tor! I remember that I lost that duel after he kickslashed me shortly after that, but it was a big victory for me. After that sudden feeling of success I even won him couple of times, even if I probably still didn't kill him every other duel it felt good to win even those approximately 5 times and get some other kickslashes in too :mrgreen:

Offline Bothersome_Aldryk

• Baron
  • Renown: 124
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2012, 02:25:01 am »
+3
My most memorable cRPG game was probably one of the ones I had early in my cRPG career, where I jumped off a bridge in that map that had a massive bridge high above water and overheaded Allers with a maul for the win, then died. We were both the last ones alive. It was just such a fun experience for a new player.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2012, 02:38:54 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)
That made me remember one of my recent heroics. I was playing in EU_1 and the new "ruined castle" map (or whatever it is called). I got annoyed by horse crossbower. He went behind the wall and under that hill on the side of the map. I was so furious I didn't care what it would take to bring that guy down. So I jumped from the top of that hill with my courser in full speed. I knew my horse would take some damage because of that long flight, but I didn't care at all. I kept my lance ready to strike. In the mid air I realized I can get him and started the attack with my lance. A little moment before I hit the ground I stabbed that motherfucker into back of his head and he dropped down dead while he was reloading that small cannon he had in his hands. Then I just rode away with big smile on my face. The kill must be one of my best cav kills when it comes to style points and the satisfaction afterwards... And of course no one else saw it. Totally fraps material I tell ya... The jump was long because there was a good flat surface before the drop so my courser had good speed and the drop wasn't so small either :D

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2012, 03:04:03 am »
+3
Okay here goes a long story...well....maybe not so long.

(click to show/hide)

- Tanken_KUTT
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2012, 03:07:37 am »
Okay here goes a long story...well....maybe not so long.

(click to show/hide)

- Tanken_KUTT
I REMEMBER THAT BATTLE! Guess who was firing and operating one of those catapults? :mrgreen:

Offline robert_namo

• Count
  • Renown: 170
  • Infamy: 55
  • I don't understand.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis "of the Stars"
  • Game nicks: Robert_Namo_Astralis
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2012, 05:11:21 am »
I have 3 stories to tell first one was when I was a gen 3 katana wielding  lvl 7-11, well since I was a low level I decided to hide in a tower cause I don't like to die. My whole team dies and I try to fight my best but after 3 rounds I never managed to win any but that didn't stop me from topping my teams scoreboard.

Next story is about me and my first ever last stand attempt against 11 enemies, I was the same katana wielding person as the story above(these happened April of '11). As I tried to survive they just kept attacking me and as I killed the 10th enemy, my mental ability slowed down and got killed by the last guy. Surprisingly this was the first time I was invited to join someone's ts.

This last story just recently happened like beginning of February and I had made a STF polearm character and one day I was playing and my team had died instantly so I went to a small area to have a better chance and I picked up a non loomed bec and waited, almost instantlly had all 14 guys left on me and then started fighting outnumbered and then one archer was left, he took one last shot and missed then after one swing from my bec I was suprised he didn't die so after one fient I couldn't see cause he was using a small hammer he took 30% off and killed me. I was disappointed.

Well that's all I want to share, thanks for reading

Offline Sergee

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PRO_TheSerge
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2012, 05:30:16 am »
The one time died in CRPG. I was shocked that I was mortal.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 1%

THE 99% WILL LOOK UP AND SAY "FEED ME"
AND I WILL SHIT DOWN THEIR THROATS.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2012, 05:45:01 am »
+1
I REMEMBER THAT BATTLE! Guess who was firing and operating one of those catapults? :mrgreen:

YOU SON OF A
(click to show/hide)
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Furax

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2012, 06:02:18 am »
Back in the old days where you only paid for your items once.
I had a sw0rd of tears and a milanese plate.
I  found myself on an NA server because the EU was dead for the night, was this map with 2 stone bridges. My entire team was dead, i was left alone versus 27 guys or so. I dont know the exact amount of kills, but im fairly certain i got atleast 20 of them before my spree ended.(and it all happend very fast aswell)

Everyting I did on that bridge was just perfect(up until the dying part). Every swing connected and killed a dude, never had a spree like that again, was beautiful.

AND the fact that it was a on server where my ping was at best bad, makes it even better.

Offline Lysander

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
  • Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JOKER
  • Game nicks: JOKER_Lysander; CotgS_lysander; Lys;
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2012, 09:40:06 am »
+3
One of my most memorable moments of cRPG was a battle. I played with peasent gear with stones, cause I had to save some gold, but was on lvl 30. One cav night tried to kill me with his lance, missed me a few times and then got of his horse. After my last stones missed him, he started to attack me with his fists. I ran away from him, tooked his lance and his horse, let him stand there totaly stunned and rode away from him. :mrgreen: