Author Topic: Click Me ----> Want to hear your opinion! <---- Click Me  (Read 11739 times)

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
Re: Click Me ----> Want to hear your opinion! <---- Click Me
« Reply #105 on: November 16, 2011, 09:31:40 pm »
So Kinngrim, basically what you're saying is: I can never be 100% objective. I agree. But you can at least try.
The ignorance on you two is astonishing! How can you be so foolish? To expect a person to be a living saint? A perfect human being? Those people only live in books, you should know better. Especially you Tears.

POOP wasn't even warned. He had no fair 'trial'. In fact, the 'crime' he committed wasn't even reported in a sensible time period. This is all a load of unjustified crap if you ask me personally.

They're retarded, basically they want Espu's behaviour programmed into fucking 100 AI Admin Bots.

Yet they think guys (or should i say Guirls) like Nuffen would fit that demand.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2011, 09:32:22 pm »
+10
A gurl was walkin2 skewl wit her bf n they were crossin da rode.

she sed "bbz will u luv me 4evr"

he said "NO..""

da gurl cryed N ran across da rode b4 da green man came on the sine.

boy was cryin and went to pic up her body.

she was ded.

he whispered 2 her corpse "I ment 2 sey i will luv u FIVE-ever..." (dat mean he luv her moar den 4evr)

xxx~*...like dis if u cry evry time...~*xxx
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #107 on: November 16, 2011, 09:36:10 pm »
+1

he said "NO..""

she was ded.

he whispered 2 her corpse "I ment 2 sey i will luv u FIVE-ever..." (dat mean he luv her moar den 4evr)

I apprve of diz mssge.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #108 on: November 16, 2011, 09:38:04 pm »
1/10

can't read that without my eyes getting sore.
+
useless in that matter

To op :
No. Being an admin !=(different) being a douchebag.

It's not cause :
he's "old" in cRPG
he's a somewhat fair NA admin

That he can be forgiven for repeateadly accepting "new" player's offers, and never giving thoses back, even if given a compensation. That guy is a greedy bastard, who only think about himself and his items. This attitude doesn't fit with the admin's image.

It's not 'cause you're on the internet that you can forgive people from being douchebag.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • I liked cool avatars before they went mainstream.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Coy
  • IRC nick: Coy
« Reply #109 on: November 16, 2011, 10:06:16 pm »

he said "NO..""

she was ded.

Guy sounds like an asshole. fiveever? Why not sixever?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #110 on: November 16, 2011, 10:08:32 pm »
+2
The ignorance on you two is astonishing! How can you be so foolish? To expect a person to be a living saint? A perfect human being? Those people only live in books, you should know better. Especially you Tears..

I was expecting the "living saint" to be a deliberate exageration. Shik does expect admins to not just admin the servers in game fairly, but also be good examples out of game. Emphasis on "good." This is what I agree with, that it should not be just 100% how you act in game, but also how you represent the community.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #111 on: November 17, 2011, 03:11:32 am »
I was expecting the "living saint" to be a deliberate exageration. Shik does expect admins to not just admin the servers in game fairly, but also be good examples out of game. Emphasis on "good." This is what I agree with, that it should not be just 100% how you act in game, but also how you represent the community.

i still remember how ecko kicked and banned me the first strat battle i had back in september 2010 with the reason i made 2 unwilling teamkills... or any other ATS admin (can't remember the name) at that time, kicking who said "weaboo" in any context. but unfortunately i was not a kingrimm's son with a whole clan pushing against an admin they will probably never see because he's NA.

Offline Bothersome_Aldryk

• Baron
  • Renown: 124
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 17, 2011, 03:50:05 am »
+6
If Poophammer does not get his admin back, the hippy terrorists have won. Poophammer is truly the premier internet Capitalist. I would daresay that 90% of the people who don't support Poophammer are communists. If you're one of the 10% that support Poop and believe in freedom then quote this in your signature~

Offline Tyrell

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: Tyrell, Prince Aegon, Date_Masamune
« Reply #113 on: November 17, 2011, 04:04:41 am »
Give him his admin back. Anybody who says they wouldn't accept that trade is a liar.
Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.

LIBERNATE

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 17, 2011, 04:13:39 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RnOrwEb7Hg&feature=related

''It's like people only do things to get paid - and thats just really sad''

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline Original_Sin

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Dunn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bartering Brigade Black Tea
  • IRC nick: Original Sin [afk mostly]
« Reply #115 on: November 17, 2011, 09:54:08 am »
Admins have the same right as any player. Simply because he's a fast market player, doesn't mean he should be punished for it.
exactly.
This guy put on mw item for 100k 'cause he thought it was profitable. He didn't consult with his fellow faction members and friends about this. And now he/they whine(s) about it.. after a month. He didn't contact Poop, haven't tried to explain or get any explanation.

(click to show/hide)

p.s. I might get something wrong. If I am wrong, sorry I didn't have much time to read the whole thread.

Offline Arcona

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ANT
  • Game nicks: ANTr_Arcona
« Reply #116 on: November 17, 2011, 11:47:49 am »
+3
Believing that only through our mistakes do we learn and become better I support POOP although beeing EU I wont ever have him as admin.

a) Admin

An admins job is to... damn imagine that! Administer.

So he oversees the servers checking if anyone is breaking the rules as given and as written and punishes those found guilty.

Thats what an admin is supposed to do in an online community.

All those "shinny pillars of the community" are for childrens stories.

b) "Poor new player was scammed"

Someone with a 3 x Loom is NOT A NEW PLAYER. I, with my Generation 0 level 30 first toon am a newb. So no, after managing to get a 3 x Loomed item he should have known better.

c) "Allowed to offer his opinion"

So apparently the "community" of cRPG is the -Judge Jury and Executioner- style of Judge Dred. Its interesting to hear the righteous preaching of how he should be good and proper from some and how we are all evil inhuman bastards that thrive on suffering.

I wonder if all those "cool" guys casually offer their opinion without knowing the facts. Like how NOONE ever told POOP 'hey give some money back' when it happened. Apart from a brief 'er my guy was an idiot, do you have the item still?'.

But still, for our good friendly paragons of justice just one side of the story is good enough.

I believe it was Big J who said "Do not judge lest you be judged" or something to that effect... "let those without sin cast the first stone" etc.

So yea, I am sure crying for blood without having all the facts and without letting someone give his view of the story goes very nicely hand in hand with your high morals up there in your high horse...

d) What if it had happened the other way around?

So I wonder all those "moral" clanmates of the poor victim...

If your man had put a too HIGH price instead of too low... and POOP accidentally clicked on the trade or was not thinking at the time or saw the wrong amount of 0s.

Would you be so quick as to return his money? Or would you say "oh damn man really sorry, he already bought some looms with that..."

Off course in the face an outcry you will respond "yes off course we would return the 500k to the idiot that paid 1500K for the loom" but somehow... I really doubt it.

e) Caveat Emptor

Or rather in this case...Caveat Venditor!
"Hear me roar!"
"A Lannister always pays his debts."
"Twenty five whores in a room next door. Twenty five whores and I still need more."

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #117 on: November 17, 2011, 02:08:30 pm »
Give him his admin back. Anybody who says they wouldn't accept that trade is a liar.

I wouldnt.

If it was on for 700k, I would accept, because that is really cheap but no real ripoff like 100k is.

If i´d happen to see such a mistake, I would maybe accept it and then contact the owner about it so he can retreive the item if he wants to afer I explained to him that it is worth ten times as much as he put it up for.

Well anyway,I think, Poop might have learned something from this now, so give the man his admin back.

Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #118 on: November 17, 2011, 02:38:25 pm »
+2
a) Admin

An admins job is to... damn imagine that! Administer.

So he oversees the servers checking if anyone is breaking the rules as given and as written and punishes those found guilty.

Thats what an admin is supposed to do in an online community.

All those "shinny pillars of the community" are for childrens stories.

This is where the problem lies, and why there is a need for "pillars of the community"-admins.

The cRPG-community is constantly moving closer to some kind of asshole-community, and it wouldn't hurt if admins would show how fair behaviour works. As they currently don't, we have the result that people are totally fine with someone losing his +3 for 100k, instead of actually helping him.

I don't know what's up with you others, but when I see someone who looks like he could need some help - even if he doesn't notice it himself - I offer my advice. In the worst and least possible case he will say "No, thanks", but in the majority of all cases he will say "Oh really? Thanks!", he will have more fun with the game ( = stay longer = more players on the servers to play with), and additionaly, due to the fact that he perceived the community as kind and caring, he will most likely act this way himself.

But currently you are growing a bunch of asshats. Just look around.

If everyone would support this "everyone for himself, against everyone else"-attitude, this community would become worse and worse. Which is equal to smaller and smaller. Think about it.

(Unfortunately I fear I cast pearls before swine, because our society in real life has the same problems. Because everyone cares only for his business, and everything which is not illegal is to be acceptable, we have companies firing thousands of employees to build a new facility in a 3rd world country to save some money and other similar cases. Things, if you did them 50 or more years ago, would not let you leave your house due to the people spitting on you)

I know, I am probably just too naive  :rolleyes:
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #119 on: November 17, 2011, 04:22:55 pm »
+1
Taking advantage of someones ignorance is the American way dammit!

Why, hello Mr. Sub-prime crisis! What a surprise seeing you here. Don't want to draw any big and ridiculous conclusions regarding general society's opinion and this one thread, but yeah...this might have been said sarcastically, but a lot of people basically agree with you. At least that  scamming is a natural and even beneficial thing. And that the victim is basically to blame for being an uninformed idiot. I put it in the same bag as the "that girl got raped cause she was drunk and scantily dressed, y'honor, obviously it was her fault" school of thought, personally.
Sadly, it's not just the American way. It's the douchebaggy unregulated capitalism way, which was never purely an American thing, despite fiscal liberterian's fanatical belief otherwise.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 04:26:05 pm by Oberyn »