Author Topic: What is happening to mount and blade. less than 50 people on NA. is this the end  (Read 15698 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
+1
Been there, done that;  we fallens played some Native MP a while ago when official servers were down. Result was quite sad, due to the fact that we more or less hacked and slashed surprizingly easily our way in to a castle in a 100-man siege server :P .

I remember that, it was pathetic... Went archer and mowed down people, then went melee and was even more sad at the opposition.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
Depend on what server you join - the tdm/siege are just pathetic
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
Thought I'd go on a native server, on the good old battle mode. I owned complete teams because they couldn't, or barely, block. Just confirms how I perceived the c-rpg community as being much more skilled.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Njunja

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Grrr baby, very grrr...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Antarian Empire
  • Game nicks: ANT_Njunja
Depend on what server you join - the tdm/siege are just pathetic

Of course, I thought that was implied, on Native I play only on IG, Nditions and couple of other servers.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

***Final_Boss's Heirloom Pack***

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
+1
I've played Native almost on a daily basis for over two years ( since early beta ), all game modes, mostly battle, clan matches and duelling, and I've played most of the MP mods coming out for WB from the beginning, including cRPG, but I think a skill comparison is difficult for a number of reasons.

Different players play different game modes across the modules, in Native you will more or less only find a high skill level on Nditions and IG Battlegrounds - ZHG and 22nd Siege and TDM are more or less only visited by nåbs, whereas in cRPG you can actually find a few decent players playing Siege mode ( though battle and duels are still where you find more accomplished players ). All clan people in Native ( EU ) play on IG Battlegrounds these days however and the skill level there is quite high in the evenings. I dare also say that the current Native clan and duel tournaments, at least in the EU where there's competitive leagues like the ENL, is more e-sporty than the otherwise excellent and dynamic Strategus of cRPG. Duels are also very different, taking place without armor, shields and without any kind of build or equipment crutches whatsoever. And yes, the speed is faster in Native, plus there's other 'gimmicks' ( game-breakers to some ) like superfast feinting with 1handers, lolstabbing with 2handers and superduper accurate and speedy throwing and ranged, plus a lot of other things that have been fixed in cRPG.
The amount of players being fair manual blockers on battle servers is of course higher in cRPG ( at least you notice it more ), where not using a shield is more viable than ranged-heavy Native, and cRPG battles can at times feel a bit like a mix of duel and battle mode.

Inexperienced or bad players can do much better in cRPG than in Native, though, as they can hide a lot of their shortcomings behind levels and armaments. These players will usually just go archers or xbow in Native but will only do reasonably well in groups.

I also find that much of the playerbase in Native, if you go the right places, have played the game longer than much of the playerbase in cRPG, which is only natural given that cRPG is a mod that was developed a good deal of time after WB was released, though of course a whole lot of veteran Native players have gone over to cRPG ( but never the other way ) or play both. It is my impression that many new Natives come directly from SP and many new cRPGers come directly from MMOs, *very* roughly speaking. The chat language is very different in cRPG, with lots and lots of cursing and leet speek which you almost never find on Native servers. I guess this is where the Native prejudice that cRPG has a younger community stems from.   :arrow: This is not cRPG bashing btw, I definitely prefer this module over Native.

My impression is based off the EU communities only, I know the NA communities are smaller and less organized ( no offense intended whatsoever if there's any delicate toes out there, WB is just mainly EU including the enormous Russian and Turkish communities ) but I have little first-hand experience with them, except from forum activity, a few clan matches, some random pubbing and the Nations Cup a year back.

All in all the two tribes are much alike, but game mechanics imposes some differences.

a balanced, realistic and coherent review of what is native and how is compared to cRPG. +1

also argantyr, i see you really few times on siege but i got really impressed by your smart and efficient gameplay.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
+1
a balanced, realistic and coherent review of what is native and how is compared to cRPG. +1

also argantyr, i see you really few times on siege but i got really impressed by your smart and efficient gameplay.
Asslicking at its best! :D

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
+1
Asslicking at its best! :D

yeah whatever.. i'm rude with retards and respectful to who earn respect from me. i never been rude with you blackmilk... should i start?  :lol:

anyway, the old shogunate/risen_melee server was something like the nDitions/IG servers for native. where you can see the best EU players showing off some skill.
but yes.. in cRPG you can crutch on level/build/equipment but often to compensate the lack of effort in teamplay.

also about fighting speed, we discussed it a lot. devs said that the game speed got toned down to give better chances to who ping higher. and it's true because for instance, in nDition duel server, where game speed is fast and you dress cloth, to ping more than 70 is just suicidal.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
+1
also about fighting speed, we discussed it a lot. devs said that the game speed got toned down to give better chances to who ping higher. and it's true because for instance, in nDition duel server, where game speed is fast and you dress cloth, to ping more than 70 is just suicidal.

Too true.  And I used to be an avid supporter of fastest speed only, when I was a native player.  Of course where I played I had 50 or less ping.  In cRPG I've been lucky to have 80 ping and if it was on fastest I'd have no chance.  As is, against decently fast 2h builds with their fucking 15 ping I barely see any attacks in time to even attempt to block.  Medium speed is definately better for a wider ping range.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline ParaGnosis

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Just came back after 10 months or so of not playing. Been playing for a few days and i'm kind of disappointed =/ Mainly with the repair system. The game was a big enough grind to begin with and now i'm grinding just to use gear I grinded forever to buy. I don't know how many of you played pre 'repair' patch but it's not the same. Hoping i'll get used to the new changes but i'm currently disenchanted after only a couple days.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Well, I have no problems with repairs/upkeep. Sure you can't run around in plate all the time, but that's kind of the point.

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
native is a terrible and the people who play it are worse, but they are pretty easy to troll
FREE ALLERS

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

I have to agree, he's a nasty beast.  :D
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
yeah whatever.. i'm rude with retards and respectful to who earn respect from me. i never been rude with you blackmilk... should i start?  :lol:
:lol:

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2661
  • Infamy: 1309
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
On EU1 server, we have plenty of NA refugees. Does it mean final hour of the great country of USA is coming?