Author Topic: What is happening to mount and blade. less than 50 people on NA. is this the end  (Read 15570 times)

Offline theero

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Served without sense of humor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Theero
  • IRC nick: Fallen_Theero
+1
You can come to cRPG from Native and be good/great at it  but you can't do it the other way around.

Been there, done that;  we fallens played some Native MP a while ago when official servers were down. Result was quite sad, due to the fact that we more or less hacked and slashed surprizingly easily our way in to a castle in a 100-man siege server :P .
FALLEN WILL WIN EVEN IF YOU HAVE FLYING CARPETS AND FIRESTAVES!

Offline Njunja

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Grrr baby, very grrr...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Antarian Empire
  • Game nicks: ANT_Njunja
Been there, done that;  we fallens played some Native MP a while ago when official servers were down. Result was quite sad, due to the fact that we more or less hacked and slashed surprizingly easily our way in to a castle in a 100-man siege server :P .

I can't say that's not true and I can't contradict but I will assume and will probably be right if I say that most of your clanmates are ex Native players.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

***Final_Boss's Heirloom Pack***

Offline theero

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Served without sense of humor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Theero
  • IRC nick: Fallen_Theero
I can't say that's not true and I can't contradict but I will assume and will probably be right if I say that most of your clanmates are ex Native players.

That I don't know for sure, but me myself DL:d cRPG as soon as Warband was installed and never sat my foot in Native before that :P . Especially novadays when the average skill-level in cRPG is getting higher and higher, I believe the (skill) gap between Native MP and cRPG will grow.
FALLEN WILL WIN EVEN IF YOU HAVE FLYING CARPETS AND FIRESTAVES!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
They aren't ex Native players except for a select few.

Native is just easymode

Offline Njunja

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Grrr baby, very grrr...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Antarian Empire
  • Game nicks: ANT_Njunja
They aren't ex Native players except for a select few.

Native is just easymode

I must dissagree, but there isn't a proper way to determine or prove that Native is "easier" than cRPG and vice versa. I can only say that I find my way on both sides pretty well. And I'm sorry for talking about something completely off topic.

Or maybe... a clan war between cRPG and Native players....  :lol:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 11:15:04 am by Njunja »

***Final_Boss's Heirloom Pack***

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
Dunno, but all the Native servers I went to I had a kd of about 10. Wrong servers then?

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
When will be M&B 2 released?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
December 2010

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
I must dissagree, but there isn't a proper way to determine or prove that Native is "easier" than cRPG and vice versa. I can only say that I find my way on both sides pretty well. And I'm sorry for talking about something completely off topic.

Or maybe... a clan war between cRPG and Native players....  :lol:

Native is easier. I popped on native a while ago and if even I can block tons and get near top of the server with melee chars then something is wrong. I could never do that in crpg :P

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
Native is easier. I popped on native a while ago and if even I can block tons and get near top of the server with melee chars then something is wrong. I could never do that in crpg :P

same thing. 2h/polearms almost non-existants there due to the retarded amount of OP ranged spam... so basically there nobody knows a damn about manual blocking (besides nDitions duel and other duel servers).

well i managed to be among the killers using 2h swords, maul  :mrgreen:, polearms, awlpikes and a backup shield (otherwise is not so easy to survive the hail of sh*t flying there).

oh and i never felt the need to pull off a 1h something + shield. just did something with the vaegir archer's scimitar but besides that, swadia->Greatsword or awlpike, nord->Great long axe in 2h mode, vaegir->GLB.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 04:00:00 pm by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
Nditions and that one battle server, IG I think, are the only places on native that aren't filled to the brim with noobs. At least that was my experience of it a month or so back, last time I played native. Since the combat speed tends to be faster on native, when you find people who are good they are undoubtedly so. If you take it as an average though, the average skill of everyone playing cRPG vs everyone playing native, it's no contest. Still chock full of noobs on most native servers.

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
  • Renown: 725
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+2
Average cRPG player skill > Average Native skill

Average native duelist > average cRPG duelist

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+2
I've played Native almost on a daily basis for over two years ( since early beta ), all game modes, mostly battle, clan matches and duelling, and I've played most of the MP mods coming out for WB from the beginning, including cRPG, but I think a skill comparison is difficult for a number of reasons.

Different players play different game modes across the modules, in Native you will more or less only find a high skill level on Nditions and IG Battlegrounds - ZHG and 22nd Siege and TDM are more or less only visited by nåbs, whereas in cRPG you can actually find a few decent players playing Siege mode ( though battle and duels are still where you find more accomplished players ). All clan people in Native ( EU ) play on IG Battlegrounds these days however and the skill level there is quite high in the evenings. I dare also say that the current Native clan and duel tournaments, at least in the EU where there's competitive leagues like the ENL, is more e-sporty than the otherwise excellent and dynamic Strategus of cRPG. Duels are also very different, taking place without armor, shields and without any kind of build or equipment crutches whatsoever. And yes, the speed is faster in Native, plus there's other 'gimmicks' ( game-breakers to some ) like superfast feinting with 1handers, lolstabbing with 2handers and superduper accurate and speedy throwing and ranged, plus a lot of other things that have been fixed in cRPG.
The amount of players being fair manual blockers on battle servers is of course higher in cRPG ( at least you notice it more ), where not using a shield is more viable than ranged-heavy Native, and cRPG battles can at times feel a bit like a mix of duel and battle mode.

Inexperienced or bad players can do much better in cRPG than in Native, though, as they can hide a lot of their shortcomings behind levels and armaments. These players will usually just go archers or xbow in Native but will only do reasonably well in groups.

I also find that much of the playerbase in Native, if you go the right places, have played the game longer than much of the playerbase in cRPG, which is only natural given that cRPG is a mod that was developed a good deal of time after WB was released, though of course a whole lot of veteran Native players have gone over to cRPG ( but never the other way ) or play both. It is my impression that many new Natives come directly from SP and many new cRPGers come directly from MMOs, *very* roughly speaking. The chat language is very different in cRPG, with lots and lots of cursing and leet speek which you almost never find on Native servers. I guess this is where the Native prejudice that cRPG has a younger community stems from.   :arrow: This is not cRPG bashing btw, I definitely prefer this module over Native.

My impression is based off the EU communities only, I know the NA communities are smaller and less organized ( no offense intended whatsoever if there's any delicate toes out there, WB is just mainly EU including the enormous Russian and Turkish communities ) but I have little first-hand experience with them, except from forum activity, a few clan matches, some random pubbing and the Nations Cup a year back.

All in all the two tribes are much alike, but game mechanics imposes some differences.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 05:14:28 pm by Angantyr »

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Native?