Author Topic: What is happening to mount and blade. less than 50 people on NA. is this the end  (Read 15785 times)

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
ok guys you all hyped me enuff.

installing that... skyram.. skydream.. skycream.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
+2
C-rpg needs to seriously start making progression again to make this game fun. It's been a while since I was excited about a new patch.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
I'd like to see the CTF game mode brought back was quite fun when we had it.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
I'd like to see the CTF game mode brought back was quite fun when we had it.

It is signed.

I can only approve.

PS: Also come up with a way to make death match or TDM a viable option for a server.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
PS: Also come up with a way to make death match or TDM a viable option for a server.

This > CTF

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
ahh deathmatch and TDM... my morningstar approve!

Offline Draggon

• Knight
  • Renown: 64
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Blocking axes with my face since June 2011
    • View Profile
    • SnowHawkClan.org
  • Faction: Snowhawk Clan (SHC)
  • Game nicks: SHC_Draggon, SHC_Draggonfang, SHC_Draggonclaw
+1
"Variety is the spice of life"...

Getting tired of Battle being the only option every damn time I log in anymore. =/

CTF, DM, TDM, Stronghold - need moar stuff!

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: United democratic national whatever
  • Game nicks: elmokki_Krokotiili
  • IRC nick: Elmokki
I've normally been talking about how archers can be fairly deadly, and they should be fairly deadly in terms of damage output, but seriously, this running away thing.

Movement for archers should be about getting to good positions and not letting the enemy close to you by being intelligent about how you position yourself, and even more so coordinating with your own infantry/cav to slow down the enemies and/or turn their backs to you if they have shields. What movement for archers is is standing still and shooting (unless you have to dodge enemy archers) and then running like fuck without most footmen being able to catch you.

Archers sure as hell should annihilate a person without a shield running towards them. Two archers with good positioning sure as hell should annihilate almost any single person if they have range. Hell, currently if you surprise a couple of archers the chances are you get one killed at most and then the other two run away or at worst, coordinate the running directions and shoot you from two sides whilst running away making your only option to try to get out of the situation.

It's sad, but archers are the king of classes right now due to their ability to kite so well. Especially on a suitable map (open enough and/or roofs to camp) there's no class I'd rather have on my team than an archer. With a coordinated team of shield users you can at least make archers fairly useless, but the only effective counter is cavalry, since it's almost the only thing able to catch archers. Dunno, some archers I can catch if I change my gear to cloth from the medium armor I normally wear, but not most.

Simply put: if you get to melee range or close to melee range of an archer, they should be forced to melee. Inb4 rage.

But yeah, I doubt the mod is dying or anything really. As long as they keep changing things the playerbase should be pretty ok until a game that is actually "crpg but better" coms out.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 03:36:25 pm by Elmokki »

Offline beniliusbob

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Valmaximoron, Osgod, Gorlinquist, Sultan_bin_SHIELDWALL, Toltbhrower
I just started playing cRPG two weeks ago and I'm hooked. Actually, I started playing M&B like two years ago or whenever it came out, and I'm astonished that no other company is making something like this. Part of the reason I don't understand people who play archers - the economics of their kill-power aside - is that I like this game because it's like an FPS but way more visceral. I love the clusterfuck melees, poke-sticks and enormous axes and shit flying everywhere. Why would I want to dick around in Call of Duty, Battlefield, or whathaveyou when I can pretend to be a fucking KNIGHT? Playing an archer just seems like a cop-out: I may as well go play Counter Strike.

So if this game dies, when it is quite literally unique (unless I'm missing something big, here; if there's something like M&B out there, other than Die By the Sword, do tell), I will blame it on the lameness of everyone that is not me and this community.

Also: the idea of computer-based RPGs is dumb. Go play D&D like a real man.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
I just started playing cRPG two weeks ago and Playing an archer just seems like a cop-out: I may as well go play Counter Strike.
Yup.  Yet archer homos will defend it forever and say that you're lame for thinking as such.

Also: the idea of computer-based RPGs is dumb. Go play D&D like a real man.

Every other weekend.  PC RPG's are for the times in between.
My warforged runepriest just hit level 20 in this campaign.  Rawr.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
And i want to see some new maps on battle server, and more variotions for low tier armor, with weight 6 and 7-armor bonus when +3 heirloomed, we have only 1 shity looked light strange armor. :( :mad:
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Anal Bleeding

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 105
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Strategus battles are basically team deathmatch.

Offline Draggon

• Knight
  • Renown: 64
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Blocking axes with my face since June 2011
    • View Profile
    • SnowHawkClan.org
  • Faction: Snowhawk Clan (SHC)
  • Game nicks: SHC_Draggon, SHC_Draggonfang, SHC_Draggonclaw
+1
Strategus battles are basically team deathmatch.

Accept that you have to farm wolf pelts for 2 months straight before you can afford to have a TDM with light armor & shit weps.

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
Who makes wolf pelts? Cool people breed kittens for money
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project