Author Topic: selfish players / killfarmers  (Read 4831 times)

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: selfish players / killfarmers
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 01:51:47 am »
To play devil's advocate a bit here, how would anyone know to leave you alone with someone you are fighting or try to assist? I will always approach a 1 vs 1 fight to help my guy out, whether thats next to him or getting behind the enemy and killing him. If someone considers that kill stealing, you should play on the duel server only. And as far as helping, when I try to help out a teammate there are always two issues: my slow speed combined with my teammates constant spinning and turning, its almost impossible to engage without a 50/50 chance you may hit your own guy. How am I supposed to know you're gonna to a 180, spin around the guy and end up between me and him?

My personal pet peeve are the row of shields who refuse to move forward into a room. 5 dudes with shields just standing there. Then someone finally decides to charge in and the shielders still stand there, each guy getting killed one at a time.

Also, I stay away when a cav rider falls. You're just asking to be tk'd when the mob descends.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuckĀ’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 02:24:16 am »
It depends on who's helping you out. Clan members (not just clanmates, clan members in general) and skilled players are usually a boon to have by your side, since they're usually more aware of where their swings are going and are used to switching between support and focused offense at a moment's notice. Good support shielders who absorb the enemy's blows for you while you (as a 2-hander/polearm user) dispatch the enemy are priceless. These are the kinds of players I don't mind fighting beside.

It's the random kill hungry players whom I usually separate from once they come in for the kill. Never mind if I was working on that tin can, I'm going to back off and let them try and get the kill. They'll usually die. After that happens, I go in and finish them off if I'm still available.

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 02:32:44 am »
Its not a duel server. Will always try to help in a 1 to 1 - good teamwork means multiplier. Especially if its a good player - stand off and generally the teammate gets killed, even when they were convinced they were winning, followed by me.

I never go in if its 2 to 1 already - if one gets killed then I will help otherwise you just hinder.

I do get pissed off when a teammate "helps" you but runs round the opponent effectively preventing you attacking to avoid TK, if both stay relatively in the same position its easy to kill the enemy by blocking and hitting when hes blocking the other. If more than 1 tries to help me I back off.

And if Im approaching 5 enemies with someone then I will run away and if you chose not to dont blame me when you die.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 02:43:19 am »
The problem isn't people helping, it's the manner in which they choose to 'help', i.e running out of your blind spot and into the gap between you and your enemy whilst you're swinging, or coming in spamming sideswings into your back, or constantly getting in the way because they don't know how to circle in the OPPOSITE direction you are. I certainly am all for people help me, but only when they're not fucking idiots.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 02:50:54 am »
Also Christo all Templars hate you and are secretly plotting to TK you.
Except me, i like you. :D

I hope you're only joking. I did nothing against you folks.
If not, then I'll have to watch my back.  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Roh_

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2011, 03:11:55 am »
I think if you want to fight alone.. You should be on a duel server. That said I see people doing stupid shit to team wound all the time. And it pisses me off too. Most of all because its extremely rare for them to even trouble themselves to apologize. But really some folks need to learn how to work with their teammates. If you know someone is trying to help... don't strafe in that direction. Go the other way.. give them room to help. Most of my team wounds on foot are because idiots slip between me and an enemy when Im swinging at them.

Please people... try to be more aware... and actually think tactically on occasion? Simple shit really...

Offline Assarhaddon

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Not with knowledge nor skill, but pure luck baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2011, 10:58:04 am »
Let's tell an other kind of story, that happened to me few days back.

The round was allmost over, only one enemy alive.
I could hear sword fighting so i rushed to help my teammate.
Now, at this point i was peasant so i knew i'm not much help. But even that one peasant throwing something will force the enemy to keep an eye on him and help my teammate to win.
And no i was not even trying to hit the combatants, (in fear of hitting my teammate) more of throwing way behind the enemy to give him stress.  :wink:

So what did my teammate do?
Sir_"something" puts away his weapon and lets the enemy kill me, and after that loses the round for my team.
Now this was battle server, so if they wanted to duel there is entire server for that.
But if you play on battle server i expect my teammates to help me and i will allways try to help them to win.
Asking a reason for his behavior only produced cyrillic alphabets, so no idea was he telling a reason or mocking me..

As for the cav, "helping".
If i see cav entering the fight helping me i allways start to backpedal away from enemy.
The enemy usually will follow me, (does not get the hint :D) so the cav neither kills the enemy or knocks him down, leaving me an easy hit to finish him.
Of course if it is 5 vs 1 there really is no point for archer/cav to help.
So, do as i've been known to do, park your horse and enjoy the show. (or if you must get your share of the glory, then dismount, "not me" :rolleyes:)

I usually play on battle servers.
And in battle servers kills/deaths mean nothing, its all about winning as a team.
If you want personal glory: GO TO DUEL server.

Sincerely, Assarhaddon.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 11:03:37 am by Assarhaddon »

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2011, 12:24:21 pm »
In some situtations where my lancing could do more harm to my team than the enemy I sometimes use my horse to block a backpedalling enemy for the zerg to feast on him.
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2011, 01:17:17 pm »
I hope you're only joking. I did nothing against you folks.
If not, then I'll have to watch my back.  :)

Yes. You should.

(click to show/hide)
Turtles

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2011, 01:26:47 pm »
Its not a duel server. Will always try to help in a 1 to 1 - good teamwork means multiplier. Especially if its a good player - stand off and generally the teammate gets killed, even when they were convinced they were winning, followed by me.

I never go in if its 2 to 1 already - if one gets killed then I will help otherwise you just hinder.

I do get pissed off when a teammate "helps" you but runs round the opponent effectively preventing you attacking to avoid TK, if both stay relatively in the same position its easy to kill the enemy by blocking and hitting when hes blocking the other. If more than 1 tries to help me I back off.

And if Im approaching 5 enemies with someone then I will run away and if you chose not to dont blame me when you die.

these are also my rules of thumb.

and to all of you who says, that they're trying to help; you're right.
Most people are jsut trying to help, and i appreciate that, but sometimes, it is very obvious that they arent just trying to help.

When you're standing against a peasant with a club and get hs'd by your teammate, then he/she isnt just trying to help.
When you're 3 vs. 1, and your teammate cav decides to tramble everyone down, he's not jhust trying to help

i can also rcall an episode from yesterday:
I was playing with my alt, who used huscarl+warhammer.
vs. the last person on their team (Atze), who had already killed 4 that round in a small server, i finally managed to get a knockdown hit in.
So he was lying on the ground, totally helpless, i had already begun the overhead attack that would 100% sure result in his death.
But what happens?
some selfish cav wants the kill, but he sucks, so he lances me instead of atze. that results in atze getting up, killing the rest of my teammates and we lsoe the round.
Stuff like that just pisses me off

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2011, 01:32:20 pm »
I think most people just wanna help, or have fun fighting. Yes, actually. I do think people play the game because its fun to fight, so they fight. So they move in to fight, even if your going on ur ego-trip against that enemy. And even if YOU think its very important to get all the kills you can get (k/d-whore!!) he may move in because he think its fun to fight, or just wanna help out.
I dont care what my k/d ratio is. I dont even know what my k/d ratio is. *tabs into char page*. Ah, I see. Well, ok. Still, CARE! I still move in to help my teammates, or to fight.
But because I dont care about k/d, Im playing to have fun, I dont suspect others to do when theyre moving into a fight. On the other hand, when people see that motive in others, I think it says a lot about em.
So when I, with my awlpike, kill a horse, I still move away to not get tked by the 10 teammates charging in, but I dont suspect em of wanting to "steal" my kill, I just think they are a little bit stupid.
Oh ye, and those "you stole my kill"-whiners, they always makes me sceptical about em. Dont they wanna win? Is their EGO more important than our team winning?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2011, 01:33:30 pm »
I always try to help my teammates, but what I do is CIRCLE the enemy and hit him in the back (usually 1 hit finishes the job, works great vs shielders mostly). I hate people that run between me and the enemy to get a kill, eventually teamkilling me in the process and getting killed as well. But what I hate the most is "friendly" cav, countless times I was fighting someone 1v1 and about to win, a cav comes by, misses the enemy and bumps me than the enemy kills me while on the ground; or even better cav comes with his lance couched, tk'es me and gets killed by the enemy. These days friendly cav is more even more annoying than friendly ranged shooting into melee.

As for kill-stealing I invite you to steal all my kills, I don't give a fuck about my K/D as long as my team wins and I get multiplier.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 01:35:35 pm by Punisher »

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2011, 01:33:58 pm »
I think most peoples problem, aside from pure stupidity, is not realising the difference between 1 vs 1 and x vs 1 combat
In 1 vs 1 you can do WHATEVER you like and not hit enemies. Most people apply this to x vs 1 combat too
Personally, I find it easier fight me vs 2 (as long as they aren't Mercs or something ;) ) because with a little bit os spinning and dodging I can make them hit each other and then it's easier to finish them off

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2011, 01:36:02 pm »
imo there is no such thing as kill stealing in this game - it's all about your team winning.
But a horse trambling you down while you're holding the last attack needed for your team to win... that's just annoying.
I appreciate anyone who moves in to help me, no matter if they do good or bad - the y tried and thats what important.
I just hate those guys who run around, hitting teammates when trying to farm kills, and then after each round they're like; "lol, look my K/D ratio, im so good"

Offline Lobster

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Lobster
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2011, 01:56:41 pm »
If you ever see me one one one with the enemy.............PLEASE FOR GODSAKE...HELP ME!!!! :wink:
To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.