Author Topic: selfish players / killfarmers  (Read 4833 times)

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
selfish players / killfarmers
« on: February 11, 2011, 10:08:27 pm »
+1
well, i think we see this way too often.
We all know the feeling, when you're fighting someone from the enemy team, you have the advantage, but then some cav guy from your own team wants his score to look good.
What happens then?
in his desperate attempt to get another kill, he trambles you and your enemy gets to kill you.
many arcehrs do it too, and several melee guys go 5+ vs. 1 to get another kill.

this stuff really annoys me, because it seriously decreases my chances of winning, and i know that other shar my view on this.
Therefore i will ask people to think because throwing themselves into every fight they see

thx

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
Re: selfish players / killfarmers
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 10:23:34 pm »
I actually counted how often teammates negatively affected me. 1 map, 9 deaths total, 6 of which were directly or indirectly caused by teammates, either by them trying to help me, hitting me before or during the fight, getting in my way because they want a kill, running away leaving me to fight 5 guys etc etc. There's no point raging about it though, I just try and stay away from bad teammates.

Offline Vygar

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vygar_PxC, Divinicus_PxC, Tegashi_PxC
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 10:32:26 pm »
The score counter doesn't really say much of anything.  It should count reflect different metrics other than K/D ratio (which means nothing anyway).  I'd like to see more meaningful numbers like Assists, Hits Landed/Mised, Hits Evaded/Blocked, Damage Dealt, and Damage Sustained.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 10:46:39 pm »
replacing kills with damage dealt would reduce the whole TA/TK thingy a lot.

Offline Vygar

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vygar_PxC, Divinicus_PxC, Tegashi_PxC
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 10:55:48 pm »
I see that as a non-issue really.  The community takes care of habitual TK'ers without the need for some artificial scoring.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 11:00:24 pm »
I was called a kill hungry idiot today for using my pike how it should be used: Melee support. I've accidently stabbed a mate because of the weird hitbox, he attacked me about 10 times when I tried to write sorry man, but most of his attacks was blocked. It was some templar guy, or something.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline FICO

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_FICO
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 11:01:31 pm »
i don't care of who kills enemy. if you want solo, write in chat "don't help me! i'm going rambo mode!"
i don't mind if someone helps me to kill peasant or battlehardened tincan. thank you - you were beside me!

A fighter is more dangerous, starved, sick, injured, sleep-deprived, drunk and naked than the normal person is well-fed, healthy, whole, rested, cold sober and armed to the teeth

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 11:03:47 pm »
The score counter doesn't really say much of anything.  It should count reflect different metrics other than K/D ratio (which means nothing anyway).  I'd like to see more meaningful numbers like Assists, Hits Landed/Mised, Hits Evaded/Blocked, Damage Dealt, and Damage Sustained.

Indeed. With all this talk about archers being a "support" class, it surely would be nice to have the metrics to show just how much support they provide. I'd also like to see it show how many Ridden Horses are killed. (riderless horses don't count)
It might also add some other names to the NA "alarm" list that you never realized was winning your battles on a consistent basis through their support work.  :wink:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 12:08:31 am »
It's greed, nothing you can do about it unfortunately, but I too hate it with a passion.
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 12:22:37 am »
more often than not you will find that guy is actually trying to help you. Anyway ninjas are hardly team players. (ZOMG WIDE FLANKING MANEUVER LEAVING MY TEAM OUTNUMBERED!)

Also christo all Templars hate you and are secretly plotting to TK you.
Except me, i like you. :D
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 12:24:34 am by Casimir »
Turtles

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 12:37:21 am »
Well, mistakes happen to everyone, and I can confirm that I've managed to get allies killed when I just tried to save them from a backstab ... but honestly - I fight someone, slash him twice and three allies rush in (nearly) killing me in the hurry of getting the finishing blow in first (if I survived I just have to walk 10m to get to someone who is fighting alone vs 2), how is that help?

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 12:37:56 am »
Remove the kills and deaths from the scoreboard, add punishments for TK again.

Alot of people might not agree with this but I have seen it work for mods of other games ( the no kills/deaths on board), it could work for cRPG, or atleast reduce the amount of greedy players.

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2011, 12:42:25 am »
Anyway ninjas are hardly team players. (ZOMG WIDE FLANKING MANEUVER LEAVING MY TEAM OUTNUMBERED!)

Only if we are unsuccessful. If we succeed the other team loses a bunch of archers while we can rejoin the main fight :) 

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2011, 01:19:20 am »
Shit happens in war, ask the Americans.. cough err

Yeah I too get irritated by the majority of players actions in vairying situations.

Sometimes near start of a round your team usually moves around in different directions, group goes here, group goes there and archers just climb on anything they can find or hide behind any rock they stumble apon..
The group I happen to be with engages the enemy on one of the flanks and the fight begins, I see one or two teammates get killed but I'm managing to take out some enemies and usually in this situation I get from 1-3 kills before.... "UHHR" "UARRGHHH..mmph.." Backstabbed. (How did this happen, I thought I was with a group?) After dying I spin my camera around to see the majority of the group that were supposed to be fighting this horde with me and the few who died  have actually decided to have a change of heart and run back into the village leaving a small portion of their team to get butchered mercilessly.

In another situation...

One or two enemies get seperated from their team, I spot them and start walking towards them, now I'm not sayimg I'm god or pro but usually people lightly armoured and who arent players of noteable skill can be killed by anyone who can block a little. I look to see where my team is and half of them are on my tail with the same idea as me, to kill these breakaway enemies... so I go towards these enemies go to engage them as I'm about to swing... "URGH", team arrow in back then enemy does 1 2h swing across my neck and I'm dead, or, "uughh" teammate hits you in the back, or two hit you at the same time, even after you've killed the breakaway enemies leaving you with half your HP needlessly, or even in some cases being tked needlessly.

Then another situation which takes the piss.

There's a street and 2 teams face off, shielders jockeying for positions to attack the enemy without getting zerged, throwers just tossing their shit and archers and xbowmen playing counterstrike, and you think ot yourself (this could go on forever, ok lets push forward) so usually me and some other non lemonlike players decide to push forward and we engage the first enemies and start doing well, yet most of the rest of our team are doing fuck all still, at this point after taking down one or two and engaged in a fight with a third that you're about to win, "PLBUERGH..hmmpfgu...", backstabbed, infront of your whole team and not a single teammate showed interest in helping or supporting their braver teammates until half or most of them are already dead and support is too late. It's like there's invisible traffic lights for most of the sheeplike players and they'll only advance and support their team when the imaginary invisible traffic lights go green.

These are all negative situations which occur often which does not only spite their teammates but at the end of the round they usually end up spiting themselves unless the survivors can carry the burden of having less teammates because some idiot gave support when it wasnt needed or didn't help when it was needed.
I tk on accident sometimes and I'm sure everyone has tked on accident, but some players don't show any caution for their teammates and continue to play like this all the time.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 01:23:22 am by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2011, 01:49:14 am »
Well, 2 out of your 3 examples were you tunnelvisioning (yes, you can tunnelvision while meleeing ^^) and not following the flow of battle. So, yeah...

Anyway, my way of dealing with greedy teammates is to back off whenever I fight someone 1v1 and more then 2 of my teammates are charging in. 3v1 is usually pretty safe and usually guarantees a kill without any of your teammates getting killed. If there is my whole team charging at my single enemy, I just back off and let them deal with him. I don't care if I hit him 3 times already and he's at 1% HP, I'm not gonna risk getting stunned and killed.
But yeah, people should think before acting like rambo trying to kill everything in their sight not caring who is their teammate and who is enemy.