Author Topic: selfish players / killfarmers  (Read 4834 times)

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
Re: selfish players / killfarmers
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2011, 02:22:02 pm »
I have over time grown to hate relying and or fighting with random people on my team. I try to assume they are incompetent and I usually hang back and do not join the cluster fuck as much these days due to TEAM WOUNDING!
Just a soldier

Offline Poetrydog

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Poetrydog, Fallen_Santa_Rudolph, Fallen_Poetryfox
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2011, 02:36:51 pm »
Hmm. I must admit that I'm probably a kill farmer but I also do it to help my team out. Yeah I can get annoyed when someone moves in to get the kill (What can I say. I'm a looser or something. I do care about my K/D although I try not to). But I get over it and get on. Mostly thx them as well because it resulted in me not getting killed. I can understand how annoying it is to being bumped by a teammate horserider. But I know how it is to be on the other side as well. Even with my HA I try to bump the enemy in a 1 vs. 1 situation. Usually I hit the enemy and my teammate gets a free hit and usually a kill. It's even something we've practiced in the clan because those free hits mean a lot. If I bump my teammate i write sorry. Also if he doesn't get hit or killed by the enemy.
I don't think that killfarmers is a big problem in this game. My greatest annoyance is when being a HA and being teamhit by three teammates because they don't approve of horsearchers. Usually resulting in me starting with half health and a horse with third
Quote from: RamsesXXIX
Running around naked with 80 other guys.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2011, 02:43:36 pm »
If you ever see me one one one with the enemy.............PLEASE FOR GODSAKE...HELP ME!!!! :wink:

Lol, what he said, don't leave me hanging, I don't even care if you TK me as long as we win the round. :D

Offline Bonze

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-Fagcher-Liberation-Front (AFLF)
  • Game nicks: King of FF bump
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2011, 07:08:32 pm »
Remove the kills and deaths from the scoreboard, add punishments for TK again.

Alot of people might not agree with this but I have seen it work for mods of other games ( the no kills/deaths on board), it could work for cRPG, or atleast reduce the amount of greedy players.

+1
Got no Balls? Play archer. Got no sex? Play horse archer.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2011, 03:54:44 am »
dunno if its been mentioned but... 95% of all cavalry players are kill hungry and will team bump/couched lance you if they think theres a 10% chance of hitting an enemy player.

Offline Sean_Drew

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: no faction
  • Game nicks: my secret ;-) Only 4 chars now : 1h/shielder , 2h , xbower , archer. The other 25 chars are deleted.
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2011, 12:00:54 pm »
Shit happens in war

That´s right ...

I killed accidently a mate too every 10-20 rounds or so , when i try to help him and my swing goes to the enemy , but my mate rushes around the enemy and between my hit , and the enemy.
I hate this really. I heard someone say : "Shit happens all the time" , when such things happens.

Most of the time i hold my swing back and prefer to die more, than hit accidantly a team mate. Cause when i hit it makes really ouch ^^ . But if 3 or 5 mates run around 1 enemy and all hit like crazy ... i stay back a little , cause the chance to hit accidently a mate is too high. I think 2 , or max 3 mates should be enough to kill the enemy.
When i play archer i never shoot into infights , where a mate attacks someone. With high athletic the running around is too much, that one could accidently shoot to the mate, instead of the enemy.
When i know a teammate on cav is near and he tries to attack my target too, i make him some room , maybe walk one step back , that he can bump the enemy , but i stay near enough to rush to the bumped and finish him. That works well, when the mate-cav knows what he is doing.

What i have seen is :
- Archers that fire into infights and hit teammates.
- Cav rushing into infights , hitting with their lance the enemy and teammate too.
- 2h and pole with wide range swinging like crazy around them , hitting their teammate right and left ( and behind .... some weapons have backswing ^^ ) .

But ... i think the more these players are playing and learning , the less happens such things.
I think positive and hope that these players are learning from their faults. ( like me too as a beginner )
And sometimes ...... shit happens all the time and i get a tk too. But i try to limit it to rare accidents.

The idea of removing the kills/deathes is really great cause is doesn´t matter anyway. What counts is that the team wins. So i don´t think another stat should replace it , like killsupports , or damage or something, because the run to get the most killsupports , or damage or something would start in the moment , when kills/deathes would be replaced. Remove all that things and just let the names, where they are ....
One thing : TKs should be shown.

What i think is a really good idea is , to punish tks more .... like getting 100% damage self, and 33 % damage the teammate which is hit. So one would kill himself earlier, than the teammate.
This would really help reducing the tks ! Do it please !!!

« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 12:06:42 pm by Sean_Drew »
Sorry , my english is bad ... ;-) I do my best :-)

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2011, 12:07:40 pm »
The problem with reflect damage is that when you hit your teamamte, you got stunned as if someone hit you (at least that's what I understood from people playing on some NA server, where reflect damage was on). Meaning that even a glancing hit that does little damage to your teammate will stun you both, effectively giving a guy you fighting free hit.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2011, 12:22:40 pm »
That´s right ...

While I agree that players do learn from their mistakes and teamhit the less they play, some players teamhit and don't flinch, as if they are not aware of teamhitting atall. Either some of these people know they teamhit and don't apologise because they're cunts or they just aren't aware of teamhitting.

Lastnight a couple of 2hers were leading the charge into the village, I was with them and one started doing stupidly inconsiderate horizontal slashing as if he'd charged on his own, in the end I killed his target with a jab from my awlpike but even as the enemy was falling to the floor this 2h idiot teamhits 1/4 of my life off me and just walks on like nothing happened. If I teamhit and it's obvious I try my best to apologise.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 12:28:15 pm by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Sean_Drew

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: no faction
  • Game nicks: my secret ;-) Only 4 chars now : 1h/shielder , 2h , xbower , archer. The other 25 chars are deleted.
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2011, 12:25:08 pm »
But that´s ok, because hitting your teammate should weaken your team, cause you are playing bad ( as a team ). The other team , who have no tkler should be in advantage, cause they are playing better ( as a team ). And if i am hit , by a mate, i should be angry on him and talk to him , that he should watch , where he aim. And if he does it often in the next rounds , we should kick him, or if he does it permanetly to destroy the game for fun , we should ban him.

I think , when the team plays bad, the team should loose. Win as a team , loose as a team.

But maybe there are other mates , that are much better, that they can counterbalance the bad tkler. Than you can win.

But being stunned by a mate and he gets 100% damage for the teamdamage, you 33% is better , than being stunned by the mate , you get 100% damage and he gets none.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 12:33:44 pm by Sean_Drew »
Sorry , my english is bad ... ;-) I do my best :-)

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2011, 12:28:27 pm »
There are many that seem to forget pressing the block button stops the friggen attack hence all the tks and team damage from these retards.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2011, 12:29:30 pm »
There are many that seem to forget pressing the block button stops the friggen attack hence all the tks and team damage from these retards.

How many times do you block when there's no enemies alive within striking distance? I'm not talking about blocking arrows with a shield but melee attacks with a 2h weapon.
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2011, 12:33:39 pm »
I clicked on this cuz it said "kill farmers"
Damn  :(

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2011, 12:41:48 pm »
lol.

Well, the best is when the teammate sees me coming, and starts to move around, so I can get closer to the enemy without harming my teammate, and stabbing him in the back, he turns, teammate deals the killing blow. We whistle, say "that was very cool" or else to each other, jump around like idiots after an 1v3 situation, and go to the next fight. That's teamplay folks.  :wink:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2011, 12:48:00 pm »
How many times do you block when there's no enemies alive within striking distance? I'm not talking about blocking arrows with a shield but melee attacks with a 2h weapon.

Sorry but read it 4 times and can't get what your trying to say.

My post was that many tks happen because certain folks seem to forget pressing right click aka block to stop the attack animation when an enemy died.

Now accidents happen everyone makes mistakes but lately when I see allies fighting someone I rarely go help them because 80% of the times they hit you after helping them or you manage to block their hit or go far from their range since blocking is too hard to do for these certain people.

Ofc I'm talking about melee weapons not ranged.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2011, 02:36:55 pm »
many tks happen because certain folks seem to forget pressing right click aka block to stop the attack animation when an enemy died.

lol
I laugh about this with the guys on VOIP all the time.  Some teammate clearly sees me already either fighting an enemy or with an attack (usually and overhead) chambered and about to fire off and then runs into my line of fire trying to get that kill.

Now with most weapons you can hit block and stop the attack, then proceed to cuss out the teammate for getting in the way.  Not my Mancleaver.  Once drawn it must taste blood whether it be from enemy or ally.  Being an unbalanced weapon once I fire it off, unless I cancel the attack IMMEDIATELY, the swing must continue through.  So when mr antsy in the pantsy runs in front of me to try and sneak a kill shot on the guy I'm fighting guess what's going to get buried in his skull?  I see this happen vs guys using other unbalanced weapons too;  axes, barmaces, morningstars, etc.  Teammates need to learn that if you see a guy with an unbalanced weapon fighting, stay the fuck out of the way.

Oh and watch the backswings.  If I'm cleaving a door down in siege, don't run up and try to hump my ass or the Mancleaver will take you out from chin to forehead.  It's like having surprize buttsex protection.   :mrgreen:
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?