• cRPG Player
  • ALLAH IS THE LIGHT الله هو نور
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eurabia
RACISM
« on: November 10, 2011, 09:01:44 pm »
+15
I'm not sure if this is the right section but yeah,

I have seen alot of racism on the EU servers, and i dont believe that racism is currently ban-able, and it definetly should be, its VERY annoying to play the game and any time u join a big server (eu 1 for example) u see someone saying extreme things about turks mostly(most of the time its about turks im not sure if other ethnicities are offended in the same amount),

aaand i strongly recommend that there should be a ban on racism ingame.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 12:29:50 am by Kareem »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: RACISM.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 09:02:50 pm »
Injustice!
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: RACISM
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 09:04:56 pm »
maybe it doesn't break the rule but it breaks the law  :twisted:
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline Kareem

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 09:06:12 pm »
Yes indeed mister joosto.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 09:06:40 pm »
+5
I'm pretty sure being racist isn't against the law. It's morally reprehensible by the majority but I don't think it's a law.
And how!

Offline Kareem

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 09:08:15 pm »
its actually very possible that it is somewhere. I just don't personally know which country.

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 09:10:44 pm »
I can't speak for the EU servers, but at least on the NA official servers the admins are pretty fast about kicking people who start spouting of racial things. If they keep at it, then they get banned.

Now homophobia on the other hand...
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Kerrigan

• Knight
  • Renown: 71
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • WTF
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Kerrigan
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 09:11:32 pm »
+4
Freedom of speech ofcourse. But I think you should be able to shield yourself against those things that people say. I really don't care if people call me a f**** Dutch bastard or something. It's the internet..I don't take it that seriously. The people don't even know me.

Maybe you should try not to feel offended so easily. You can expect this everywhere on the internet. Especially in games..

Offline Kareem

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 09:20:57 pm »
I can't speak for the EU servers, but at least on the NA official servers the admins are pretty fast about kicking people who start spouting of racial things. If they keep at it, then they get banned.

Now homophobia on the other hand...

In the EU servers no one cares a TAQWA about racism, every time u play on eu 1 for example you see 5+ negative racial comments and I have never seen anyone get banned for it.

About the homophobia, i dont really think its such a big problem, racism is more of an important issue (in the EU that is).
But it sure sounds like u keep it in good check over in the NA servers, thats great. :P

Freedom of speech ofcourse. But I think you should be able to shield yourself against those things that people say. I really don't care if people call me a f**** Dutch TAQWA or something. It's the internet..I don't take it that seriously. The people don't even know me.

Maybe you should try not to feel offended so easily. You can expect this everywhere on the internet. Especially in games..

TBH I'm not so concerned about myself being offended since im not even turk, and i made this post for a guy who was also chocked by the amount of racism in EU servers. I'm swedish and I've never been offended for that. But once it happened me and another man being called "useless turks" and was blamed for loosing the round.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 09:36:13 pm by Kareem »

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 09:23:26 pm »
+4
I think the better question is why is it even necessary in the first place? For some modicum of humor in the shock value? Because it's the internet that's automatically a free pass to act as socially unbecoming as possible to see other people's reactions? Not sure what kind of reactions are expected but it's usually a bunch of people keeping their mouths shut and one other guy claiming, which I believe rightfully so, racism isn't a laughing matter and the antagonist telling that person it's all in fun, quit being a pussy, etc. There's generally a time and place for everything but unmitigated bigotry is generally always unnecessary.
And how!

Offline Kareem

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 09:29:41 pm »
I couldn't have put it better SixThumbs.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 10:02:30 pm »
+1
bla, bla, bla

Obviously you haven't met Panos..........  :rolleyes:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 10:09:21 pm »
+4
I think maybe he has met Panos and that is what the thread is about.  :mrgreen:

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 10:13:37 pm »
Kareem kamil
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1579
  • Infamy: 1352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2011, 10:15:39 pm »
+2
Racism is very sensitive subject. Real life racism I mean, not the internet mumbo jumbo.

I think that's perfectly okay for me to speak bad about Turks. I'm not a Turk, I don't live in Turkey but I look like one, have black hair, I was born in a city where majority of people pray to Allah (but no I'm not a muslim). Also country where I live currently have been under Turkey for 500 years (no wonder I look like a Turk, lolz :mrgreen:).

But if some nordic dude with blue eyes and hair is talking bad about Turks I find that unacceptable.

You know, it's the same with N word. It's okay if a homie call another homie like that but it's not okay if a white dude call a homie like that :wink:

Racism isn't something universal. Racism has it's roots in reality and many people were tortured and died because of it.

So no, I don't think there's real racism on the internet. Believing there is racism on the internet, in the form of words, is making fun of all those people who actually suffered because of racism. Only true forms of racism on the internet are sites of already existing RL racist organisations whose names I won't mention here (most people know them).

But there are those silly rules on every message board on the internet (those rules are there to cover asses of board owners), and admins are always harsh when it comes to "so called" racism. Somehow I doubt if those people (admins on forums) were put in some real life situation where majority would act against certain group of people (black people, jewish people, minorities, homosexuals), would they do the right thing and try to protect those people.

What I want to say is, you can't prove shit on the interwebz. Proving grounds are away from the keyboard :wink:

And Panos talking shit about Turks is so funny (and Cicero and his crew talking about Greece), because of that Turkey vs Greece thing which going on for so long. Most people who live in those countries or on Balkans know about it. Not my problem you scandinavian dudes don't know about that :P

While I'm at it why don't throw something fresh and very "racist":

Italy is the new Greece, take that cmpx :P :P