Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: RACISM
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 10:17:07 pm »
That's exactly why I should create a char named einstein_The_Blonde_Black_Gay_Turk_Pope_Terrorist_Jew_Trader_Pokemon

I've never seen anything super offensive on EU1. Sure some comments are racist jokes (useless turk, filthy polak, jewing people etc etc), but given how 99% of those are extremely cliche, I don't think anyone is serious about it.

Actually, one can't "defeat" racism (real racism I mean), the best way to "be over that" is humor, not hunting racists. You can't force people into thinking something they don't, even if they are wrong in every possible way. Punishing racism is needed, but it won't really help the offended people.

Furthermore, just like in said, racism on the internet isn't serious when the website you're on isn't written in red on black or the opposite.

PS : I'm a Belgian and I'd like to know what the cliches are, besides eating fries, waffles and chocolate and drinking beer, speaking two languages in the same country, having no government during an insane time (the previous world record of 249 days was hold by Irak) or other things related to politics :lol:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 10:25:11 pm by Kafein »

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 10:34:15 pm »
+1
When someone calls me an "english x" where x is an insulting word, i find it funny.

I do realise that other people may not feel the same though and I try to watch the chat for when it's crossing the line.

All i can say is tell an admin that you find whatever it is someone said offensive and they should deal with it.

Ive been wondering whether turks were insulted by some comments on eu but I never saw any1 complain so I just figured everyone was happy.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 10:36:23 pm by RandomDude »

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 10:45:57 pm »
I think maybe he has met Panos and that is what the thread is about.  :mrgreen:

No. Trust me - he HASN'T met Panos.

(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kajia

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Kajia
  • IRC nick: Kajia_
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 10:47:35 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLn_uIdOoBU
a film about how stereotypes are manipulating us - with the 'bad arab' example
thats why i don't like racism, especially against turks - oh, and i am german btw ...

Kajia's Workshop
(cRPG artwork showcase)

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011, 10:52:19 pm »
Well sometimes I wonder if im over reacting when I act on stuff in chat, especially after last time

Offline Count_Curtis

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • There's no cure for being a cunt
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Captain_Ludd / Curtis
  • IRC nick: Curtis
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 10:54:03 pm »
Different cultures have completely different takes on racism, its hard to really put in any rules against it, cause being against racism is against some people who find racism the norm.

I mean being english, somebody makes an apparently racist remark at me, i generally find it a laugh, and think of something to say back about where there from. yet some place at the otherside of the world its illegal to be racist, so putting in rules against it pretty much takes the freedom from those who see racism is not a problem, and so long as it hurts nobody, it does just that. hurts nobody

So, my opinion. no rules on racism if it was my choice.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 11:06:24 pm »
+2
Different cultures have completely different takes on racism, its hard to really put in any rules against it, cause being against racism is against some people who find racism the norm.

I mean being english, somebody makes an apparently racist remark at me, i generally find it a laugh, and think of something to say back about where there from. yet some place at the otherside of the world its illegal to be racist, so putting in rules against it pretty much takes the freedom from those who see racism is not a problem, and so long as it hurts nobody, it does just that. hurts nobody

So, my opinion. no rules on racism if it was my choice.

Exactly, you English cunt.  :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1068
  • Infamy: 534
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 11:09:36 pm »
No no no. Use the one Tenne likes the most.

britmy old friend :mrgreen:

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2011, 11:23:33 pm »
britmy old friend implies that we are scots or welsh :( TAKE IT BACK!

some occasionally country based banter is fine if the other side isnt offended :D some turks like it some give it back :D scots welsh and english give it all the time in a good way.

When you spout it over and over and over and over everytime you join a server then it becomes a problem
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 11:12:54 pm by Osiris »
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Kareem

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • ALLAH IS THE LIGHT الله هو نور
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eurabia
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2011, 11:36:03 pm »
Thanks everyone for your comments, and as I think I've mentioned before I made this thread for people who are personally offended by racism, and people who are maybe more sensitive towards these things. Many people doesn't take racism comments as a joke, atleast when it's not intended as a joke, if you understand what i mean.

No. Trust me - he HASN'T met Panos.

(click to show/hide)

Actually Gnjus, i got Panos the greek on my steam contact list for quite a few months back and still do,
and i am aware of his... whatchamacallit... views.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLn_uIdOoBU
a film about how stereotypes are manipulating us - with the 'bad arab' example
thats why i don't like racism, especially against turks - oh, and i am german btw ...

true that. when he started talkin about the fictional "Arabland" that was quite funny but true also :P
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 12:04:23 am by Kareem »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2011, 11:38:09 pm »
Seriously chill out :D people can act all outraged about racism but in England the ammount of racist jokes and txt msgs is insane and funny :D

People dont rage about racial jokes because the sterotype is funny :D doesnt make it true :D we call french people cheese eating surrender monkeys. they call us whatever they call us :P doesnt mean we actually think we are superior (even if we are the awesome race) :D

Just ask the Welsh about racism...

I'm English to. I find it funny when anyone else says anything racist towards us.

Though some stuff does get a bit much on EU, people who I think are trying to be funny, don't realise that their remarks can actually be incredibly offensive. But that's just ignorance. No real point making a rule about it. Instead if it does offend you, just remember they are ignorant fucktards :D
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 11:39:44 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2011, 11:41:31 pm »
Seriously chill out :D people can act all outraged about racism but in England the ammount of racist jokes and txt msgs is insane and funny :D

People dont rage about racial jokes because the sterotype is funny :D doesnt make it true :D we call french people cheese eating surrender monkeys. they call us whatever they call us :P doesnt mean we actually think we are superior (even if we are the awesome race) :D

The french equivalent of frog for english people is beefsteacks. But this is somewhat out of style. Although the beef steack is already terrible, they prefer mocking other parts of the horror museum called english food. Like boiled lamb with mint.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2011, 11:45:01 pm »
The french equivalent of frog for english people is beefsteacks. But this is somewhat out of style. Although the beef steack is already terrible, they prefer mocking other parts of the horror museum called english food. Like boiled lamb with mint.

Psssht English food is great, French food is over rated. Could do with some roast lamb with mint sauce mmmm :)

Offline Lars

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2011, 11:58:47 pm »
+1
i was once  victim of a racist attack, only beacause i'm white... the worst experience of my life, i was unarmed and so scared... luckily a friend with a white tunic came to  rescue me.

Here it's what happened... my mate on the left  tried invane to talk with the angry attacker  :arrow:
(click to show/hide)

Terrifying moments, my friend was about to get stabbed to death... i remeber i cried loudly "run away, run!!!" the guy with the shield was laughing and  didn't lift a finger to help my buddy...i though it was the end...  :arrow:
(click to show/hide)

but my "brother" kept a cool head, he jumped back and hit the "angry villain"  with a tramendous strike to the head!  :arrow:
(click to show/hide)

i couldn't believe my eyes, it was all over!  here it's my buddy checking the body of the angry man...
 the guy with the crossbow stole some money from the pockets of the racist offender... before he left us he said something about being "jewish", but i have no clue  about the meaning of that word.
(click to show/hide)

Racism is a bad thing, that experience shocked me, i was a happy,peaceful guy before, now i keep having nightmares  and i'm afraid of everything, i lost trust in human kind...  i will never be the same again... 
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 03:15:39 pm by Lars »

Offline Kareem

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • ALLAH IS THE LIGHT الله هو نور
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eurabia
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2011, 12:24:23 am »
+1
i was once  victim of a racist attack, only beacause i'm white... the worst experience of my life, i was unamred and so scared... luckily a friend with a white tunic came to  rescue me.

Here it's what happened... my mate on the left  tried invane to talk with the angry attacker
(click to show/hide)

Terrifying moments, my friend was about to get stabbed to death... i remeber i cried loudly "run away, run!!!" the guy with the shield was laughing and  didn't lift a finger to help my buddy...i though it was the end...
(click to show/hide)

but my "brother" kept a cool head, he jumped back and hit the "angry villain"  with a tramendous strike to the head...
(click to show/hide)

i couldn't believe my eyes, it was over!  here it's my buddy checking the body of the angry man... the guy with the crossbow stole some money from the pockets of the racist offender and run away...
(click to show/hide)

Racism is a bad thing, that experience shocked me, i was a happy,peaceful guy before, now i keep having nightmares  and i'm afraid of everything, i lost trust in human kind...  i will never be the same again...

Lars, you are now officially the troll of the day

Keep up the good work!