Poll

Do you believe we should have a 4th level heirlooming system and how should it work

Add 4th level of heirloom after level 33
Add 4th level of heirloom after level 34
Add 4th level of heirloom after level 33, but you may only have one 4th level loom per player
I don't believe that we should have 4th level heirlooms

Author Topic: Level 33 and above retirements...4th level of heirlooms  (Read 6146 times)

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
Re: Level 33 and above retirements...4th level of heirlooms
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2011, 09:40:18 pm »
make it happen on lvl 34, and noone will be able to have  2..you know how much time u need for 34

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 543
  • Infamy: 2130
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2011, 10:08:24 pm »
oh comeon,how many lvl 33 are in crpg?

~100

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2011, 10:32:18 pm »
just reached 33
Rank#121

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2011, 10:52:55 pm »
The sWalker likes Zagibu's suggestion to a degree.  It would make it more worthwhile if you can only have one 4th level loom per person.  The sWalker believes that only one of a kind in the game would be an unbalancing factor (i.e. nobody could work hard to have equal equipment in the area they desired).

Oh come one, how is +1 damage and +1 speed an unbalancing factor? Just think of how cool it would be to pick up "Goretooth's legendary Bec de Corbin". If everyone could have a legendary item, we'd have hundreds of legendary danish and german toothpicks lying on the battlefield...how dumb would that be?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline marco1391

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Legio_Marco1691
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2011, 11:13:43 pm »
It would only increase the gap between veteran players and casual players.I voted no.

Offline Fasader

• Vain onion-eyed pigeon egg
  • Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • Item unbalancer
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fasader, Mlatimir, Fasadripac, Modnar
  • IRC nick: Fasader
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2011, 11:21:25 pm »
+2
Nope, adding another version of all the items we already have just so 30 people would use some of them would be silly.
21:33:22 BaldRider: Poem submission: okiN is fat, chadz is blue, Fasader is pretty sexy, but not you.

https://soundcloud.com/shitfactory/father-and-panos

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2011, 11:24:34 pm »
Nope, adding another version of all the items we already have just so 30 people would use some of them would be silly.

Good.

If anything should change past 32/33 it should be the Respec values, scale them so they actually fit with the amount of XP you have to make at those levels instead of pre-31.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Kajia

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Kajia
  • IRC nick: Kajia_
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2011, 11:59:11 pm »
I think just naming would be perfectly fine. If people don't want to name their items they wouldn't miss any bonuses that way, and also there won't be any new model work necessary, just a new feature for all weapons for their possible names. can't be that hard.

Kajia's Workshop
(cRPG artwork showcase)

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2011, 01:08:13 am »
I think just naming would be perfectly fine. If people don't want to name their items they wouldn't miss any bonuses that way, and also there won't be any new model work necessary, just a new feature for all weapons for their possible names. can't be that hard.
No, i don't want to see great wangs and poop sticks on the ground.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2011, 02:37:19 am »
+2
It would only increase the gap between veteran players and casual players.I voted no.

Mistaken assumption. Casual players can gain 4 looms in the time it will take a veteran to earn 1 of these. The gap would decrease. If you are looking to close the gap, well that will never happen. The closest you can get is to entice those lvl 33 and lvl 34 players to retire back to peasant. That way they have an extra 1 or 2 points on a weapon or armor instead of all that PLUS an extra 3 attribute points, extra skill point, extra wpf and health.
You should have voted yes if you want to close the gap between vets and recent players.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline sWalker

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2011, 03:37:49 am »
Grannpappy, the sWalker knew he liked and respected you from the beginning.  Now he knows it's because you are intelligent in addition to being a skilled player.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2011, 06:06:02 am »
Mistaken assumption. Casual players can gain 4 looms in the time it will take a veteran to earn 1 of these. The gap would decrease. If you are looking to close the gap, well that will never happen. The closest you can get is to entice those lvl 33 and lvl 34 players to retire back to peasant. That way they have an extra 1 or 2 points on a weapon or armor instead of all that PLUS an extra 3 attribute points, extra skill point, extra wpf and health.
You should have voted yes if you want to close the gap between vets and recent players.
rough xp vs retiring as you propose
1-31(1 loom)
31-32 (1 loom)
32-33(2 looms)
33-34(4 looms)

8 looms at 34, or 1 tier 3 + 1 at 33.

Call it ANOTHER 8 looms for level 35 - essentially 5 complete and 1 to spare.
That a full armor set and a beatstick.

So the argument could be made for vets NOT to retire.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Allers

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Ca$hville
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ca$hville Records, Ruff Ryders
  • Game nicks: Allers, Young Buck, DMX
  • IRC nick: Allers
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2011, 07:25:23 am »
SUGGESTION FOR GEN 1's
LVL 33-34 : 1 LOOM
LVL 34-35 : 1 LOOM
AND SO ON
Ca$hville 615

Offline marco1391

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Legio_Marco1691
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2011, 06:20:48 pm »
Why is my assumption wrong?
For veteran player I define a player that already has a full loomed set(example: +3 danish +3 armor +3 gloves)
a new player can only come closer and closer to a veteran player, but if we give veterans a 4th level of loom what will it happen?yeah in the time they'll have a mw item the veteran will have a new 4th level item from a +3, but it's still an edge compared to a situation where the veteran simply can't loom anything new to get a wider gap.
let's examine the situation: new player(no looms) and veteran player(+3 danish +3 armor +3 gloves, just taking this as an example)
as it is now: in the time of 4 retirements the new player gets 4 looms, the veteran anything(1 level?2 if he is starting at level 31?)
after other 3 retirements the new player has 7 looms and the veteran player still didn't get anything(half 34 level?)
after other 2 retirements(9 total) the new player is pretty much in pair with the veteran player(veteran player is level 34, new player 31, and the gap can only come closer and closer)

with your method:
after 4 retirements our new player has one level 3 loom and a level one and the veteran a level 4 loom and three level 3
after 3 more retirements the new player has 2 mw and a +1 item, the veteran has 1 mw and two +4
as our new players gets 2 more looms(9 total, 3 mw)the veteran has three +4 item, thus having a wider gap compared to the first situation)

and as the new player and the veteran get another 8M exp he(the new one) would hit level 32, so it is:
new player level 32 with three +3 looms compared to level 34 with three +3 looms in the first case(just 2 level of difference)
compared to the second situation with a level 32 with 3 mw and a level 32 with three +4 items(3 items with +1 grade)

do you suppose that 2 more levels would be MORE than 3 items with 4th grade of loom instead of 3th?I think not

also in all those consideration we didn't take into account the huge difference of time between the dedication of a veteran player and a new player(a casual player would end destroyed in the comparison in every way)

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2011, 04:13:02 am »
how bout at 31 you can retire for 1 loom point, and at 33 you can retire to insta MW an item. (considering 33 takes like 37mil xp... its not OP)

This
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.