Poll

Are you satisfied with how shields in general are now?

No!
35 (23.6%)
Minor balancing needs to be done
46 (31.1%)
Yes, they are fine as is
67 (45.3%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Author Topic: Round Shields...(Nerf thread)  (Read 18311 times)

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
Re: Round Shields...(Nerf thread)
« Reply #105 on: February 11, 2011, 09:23:13 am »
Vicious, saying it's mathematic does not prove it. And it's false, doesn't matter how high your opponent's agi is, if you have 18 agi yourself, you can't be spammed.

dont reverse the discussion from another point.,

i can break the enemy spam even with a 50 speed weapon becouse there is always    dead timing.

i cant block him from spam me, becouse  i cant avoid     him spamming me, becouse i cant disengage cause he is faster and if he chose to stick to me,     i cant do shit about,      where you or a pole, if find that 1hander is to  difficoult to kill, you can go away,     or play all by  abuse of lostab+footwork.     

1hander will never ever have   the advantage to chose to disengage,   unless is a fucking moron  30 agi 9 str, with 10 athletics and 50 hp who you one shoot at his first error, while he need 5-6 hit with powerstrike 3 for kll you

ps: mathematics proof everything,         is a fact, not opinable
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 09:26:29 am by Vicious666 »

Offline YourLord

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Hail to the King Baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 11, 2011, 09:26:25 am »
Just buff other shields to decent state and introduce manual block for shields, block the wrong way and you receive 25% more damage on your shield.
Then we can stop calling shield users noobs...
Its time to kick ass and eat granola...

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 11, 2011, 09:27:11 am »

dont reverse the discussion from another point.,

i can break the enemy spam even with a 50 speed weapon becouse there is always    dead timing.

i cant block him from spam me, becouse  i cant avoid     him spamming me, becouse i cant disengage cause he is faster and if he chose to stick to me,     i cant do shit about,      where you or a pole, if find that 1hander is to  difficoult to kill, you can go away,     or play all by  abuse of lostab+footwork.     

1hander will never ever have   the advantage to chose to disengage,   unless is a fucking moron  30 agi 9 str, with 10 athletics and 50 hp who you one shoot at his first error, while he need 5-6 hit with powerstrike 3 for kll you

Wut? I'm only replying to you, how is that "reversing" the discussion?

You can, you know, kill the spammer instead of running away. Or if you feel so inclined, drop your shield to run away faster.

Why would you need to disengage?

YourLord, that's actually a good suggestion. Wrong block direction, more damage to shields. Still easier and your shield won't break immediately, but it's not AS easy.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2011, 09:28:36 am »
How is it easier? How /can/ it be easier? Answer: It isn't, and it can't be, you don't have RMB of invincibility.

Meh, I don't know, I'm an average blocker and I do much better with 2h/polearms then a 1h. It's just easier/less annoying to fight (sure, harder to block but whatever, holding RMB isn't what kills people), with a 1h the average spammer vulgaris can sometimes kill me, witha  polearm he's dead in one hit if he doesn't care about blocking.

I just find it easier personally, maybe I don't get how to properly fight with a 1h.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2011, 09:29:40 am »
Wut? I'm only replying to you, how is that "reversing" the discussion?

You can, you know, kill the spammer instead of running away. Or if you feel so inclined, drop your shield to run away faster.

Why would you need to disengage?

YourLord, that's actually a good suggestion. Wrong block direction, more damage to shields. Still easier and your shield won't break immediately, but it's not AS easy.

you sound retarted you now?

i can say same to you if you have so much problem vs shield BUY A HAMMER. or drop your weapon and fly away. 

sure so add also to shielder manual block,      but give us your same dmg speed animation and reach,      becouse block with a weapon or a shield manually what difference make? except that shield broke and your weapon not?

listen yourself

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2011, 09:31:56 am »
you sound retarted you now?

i can say same to you if you have so much problem vs shield BUY A HAMMER. or drop your weapon and fly away. 

sure so add also to shielder manual block,      but give us your same dmg speed animation and reach,      becouse block with a weapon or a shield manually what difference make? except that shield broke and your weapon not?

listen yourself

Being able to spell "retarded" correctly would sure help your case of accusing other people of sounding.. "retarted"

What, buy a hammer? How is that similar in any way?

You should try learning manual blocking Vicious, it can actually be quite fun! And the suggestion is just 25% more damage to your shield, not that you get hit like you would if you failed a block otherwise.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2011, 09:33:15 am »
Meh, I don't know, I'm an average blocker and I do much better with 2h/polearms then a 1h. It's just easier/less annoying to fight (sure, harder to block but whatever, holding RMB isn't what kills people), with a 1h the average spammer vulgaris can sometimes kill me, witha  polearm he's dead in one hit if he doesn't care about blocking.

I just find it easier personally, maybe I don't get how to properly fight with a 1h.

of course you do,       cause all advantage i mentioned

average player with 2h > average 1hander,       period , thats why  top 1hander in this fucking mod are all same 5 guy,  where 2hander/pole  top player are 9904564645967457609457.

i not one shoot xant so when we play and i do

30:5
and you do 30:5

i landed from 3x to 4x more hits than you., a 1hander for be step to step  to a 2hander on term to kills need to    play  like a guy under cocaine.   

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2011, 09:34:19 am »
Being able to spell "retarded" correctly would sure help your case of accusing other people of sounding.. "retarted"

What, buy a hammer? How is that similar in any way?

You should try learning manual blocking Vicious, it can actually be quite fun! And the suggestion is just 25% more damage to your shield, not that you get hit like you would if you failed a block otherwise.

an axe one shoot      some shield.   3-4 shoot a huscarl

so how much faster you wanna destroy it?        one shoot + dmg on the guy  behind?       

you already have sooo much advantage,   with 2h (thats why you play 2h )       that whine about 1hander,  is fucking ridiculous, nominate now here,   10 1hander that do  5:1 k/d ratio.         i am sure if i wait until tomorrow you not get more than 5 names. while if you reverse same request on me,        from now to tomorrow i probably not end to write the list
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 09:36:00 am by Vicious666 »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2011, 09:34:58 am »
of course you do,       cause all advantage i mentioned

average player with 2h > average 1hander,       period , thats why  top 1hander in this fucking mod are all same 5 guy,  where 2hander/pole  top player are 9904564645967457609457.

i not one shoot xant so when we play and i do

30:5
and you do 30:5

i landed from 3x to 4x more hits than you., a 1hander for be step to step  to a 2hander on term to kills need to    play  like a guy under cocaine.   

Except I don't 1 hit anyone, 3 hits is the norm. And you don't need to do the hardest and best part of the game, manual block.

an axe one shoot      some shield.   3-4 shoot a huscarl

so how much faster you wanna destroy it?        one shoot + dmg on the guy  behind?       

Or you could just block the axe hits correctly?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Helbrass

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2011, 09:36:27 am »
Their durability isn't what bothers me, it's the fact that someone with a huscarl round shield can be facing almost entirely in other direction and still block hits with it.

Can't count how many times I've died after swinging at a huscarl shield user's back and having the hit deflect.

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 11, 2011, 09:36:42 am »
Except I don't 1 hit anyone, 3 hits is the norm. And you don't need to do the hardest and best part of the game, manual block.

Or you could just block the axe hits correctly?

and get stunned and kille by one shoot on  next swing cause his 50+ dmg?

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2011, 09:38:07 am »
Their durability isn't what bothers me, it's the fact that someone with a huscarl round shield can be facing almost entirely in other direction and still block hits with it.

Can't count how many times I've died after swinging at a huscarl shield user's back and having the hit deflect.

becouse you not know how to outmanouver him, i kill  shitload of 1hander+huscarl just being barely on theyr flank.             huscarl already got a big nerf     on his  "wall"  ., and from back, is a total lie

and i am not a huscarl user        just for say  at difference of xant,      that i not  bring water at myself
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 09:39:32 am by Vicious666 »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 11, 2011, 09:38:58 am »
and get stunned and kille by one shoot on  next swing cause his 50+ dmg?

Then learn to play?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 11, 2011, 09:42:21 am »
Then learn to play?

if you have to whine vs  1hander user    with all your advantage probably its you that need to learn to play

at difference of you i bring mathematics that  is not an opinion.
at difference of you      i not  whiteknight my class,   as uberskilled,
at difference of you i am objective, becouse      you wanna remove onyl advantage of shielder when you have 4038608340 advantage, and this is patethic.
at difference of you i am not a huscarl user,      so i am not defending my style of play
at difference of you, i can recon something OP,   like your abused  lolstab xant,      or like    steel pick  1hander user,  (i tryed one yesterday 3x loomed and one shoot ppl or double shoot ppl even in plate with a 1hand weapon 102 speed  39 pierce dmg is RETARDED )

like is retarded hear   str abuser+triple loomed baremace say that      oneshoot ppl true a plate+shield, is skill.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 09:49:38 am by Vicious666 »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 11, 2011, 09:44:02 am »
if you have to whine vs  1hander user    with all your advantage probably its you that need to learn to play

Make a 2her, I'll duel you with my 1her. :)

Or make any class at all, I'll duel you and show you how it's done.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.