Author Topic: So botting/semi-afk leeching is fine?  (Read 17017 times)

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
Re: So botting/semi-afk leeching is fine?
« Reply #165 on: February 11, 2011, 10:28:36 am »
And your done.

is a menace?

or now someone cant not agree with an ats?    or becouse you an admin so i cant disagree with you or your memberS? otherwise you ban me

he is an ats i was surprised if he have not  supported you.       becouse ppl     are too afraid to piss of mates even when they think otherwise.  a problem that i not have, becouse i am not lacche of anyone

or i am supposed to beg, and give him rights becouse i need to be scared about ats?   
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 10:34:04 am by Vicious666 »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 11, 2011, 10:41:15 am »
Imho anyone who doesn't actively participate in the battle (goes AFK a lot, is standing at start naked, uses bots/scripts to run and die or just run and die at the start on their own) should be banhammered to a pâté.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 10:44:47 am by Vibe »

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #167 on: February 11, 2011, 11:08:57 am »
or i am supposed to beg, and give him rights becouse i need to be scared about ats?

actually i think you are just not supposed to play on their servers anymore  :mrgreen:

also what vibe said.
it's obvious - ban those people - don't ban people who try to play.
it's that simple.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 11:10:04 am by Meow »

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #168 on: February 11, 2011, 11:10:04 am »
he is an ats i was surprised if he have not  supported you.       becouse ppl     are too afraid to piss of mates even when they think otherwise.  a problem that i not have, becouse i am not lacche of anyone

It had nothing to do with that. It had EVERYTHING to do with you trying to change this thread from, "I don't think I did anything wrong" to "ADMIN ABUSE!".

That is how you turn me from your friend to your enemy.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #169 on: February 11, 2011, 11:14:07 am »
As I said: die three times in a row as one of the 3 first players, and autokick.

Have you folks ever seen Hospitaler_Kimichi ? Cavalry guy, either naked or dressed as a samurai, never lives longer then 30 seconds....always charges straightforward and dies first.

Maybe all this fuss was made because Vicious is a renown name around here and many people know what he can do, if it was some random noob (like the guy i mentioned above, and many others that actually do it all the time) then none would care about it. That said, i dont see any point in such gameplay, this game enforces teamwork and everyone should try to fulfill his role the best they can, ranged units by taking down their enemies the best they can, shielders by standing in the front lines and fighting, cavalry by taking care of opposition cav and archers, etc.....so just charging and dying in less then 30 secs can not really be considered as helping your team, even if you make a few lucky spam kills in the way. If its your last round or something then yeah, go kill yourself so you can leave the game in peace but if you do it for multiple rounds in a row then its pointless, youre taking a slot that someone else might use, someone who would actually participate in battle and enjoy his time.
Ofc there should be warnings before bans, in case people are unable to use common sense. I say unban Vicious and add a sentence about situations like this under the rules section.

On another note, Kesh said something like "Its my right to charge and die if i please so, rather then camping or standing in formation, or shit like that....". This whole mod is a mess atm, maps are overplayed and unbalanced and there are many people who think this way, but dear Kesh you of all people should know a thing or two about camping and shooting down helpless people. I as well sometimes rage about the number of archers in this mod, people are just used to playing this like a shooter and there is no way of changing their minds, runing around for 3 minutes only to be filled with numerous arrows from all sides is very frustrating, now when youve experienced it yourself youre also frustrated and you rather choose to just run strait and get shot then trying to do something else (which might benefit your team more) and still get shot, before you succeed. Its sad to see that 80% of people use some kind of ranged weaponry, its even more sad to see that out of 10 last survivors on the battlefield at least 7 are archers. Ive made some suggestions about things that should be changed (and i didnt cry for archery nerf at all) but it was mostly axed down, people prefer having hordes of roof camping bundle of stickss and playing a sharpshooting "battles" rather then having (nearly) full infantry/cavalry battles so.....just go with it, back to your archery and do what you do best: camp some roof and snipe down the poor runners and horses, from the opposite corner of the map, before they even engage the fight. Enjoy your cRPG archery contest.

Edit: the Kesh reply is off-topic, i clearly doubt he charges because of leeching, i think its more related to frustration of not being able to do much by standing with the team, he feels its a waste of time, and he is right. In the end youre gonna get shot anyways so why not do it right away and continue watching the movie on TV ?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 11:22:50 am by Gnjus »
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Meow

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 11, 2011, 11:26:43 am »
I agree with most of your post Sir "Handsome" Gnjus  :mrgreen:

Just have to say that vicious was previously pretty much unknown to me.
I saw the name from time to time but wasn't aware that he is special.
It took most of this thread to realize that  :P

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 11, 2011, 11:34:28 am »
Have you folks ever seen Hospitaler_Kimichi ? Cavalry guy, either naked or dressed as a samurai, never lives longer then 30 seconds....always charges straightforward and dies first.

Maybe all this fuss was made because Vicious is a renown name around here and many people know what he can do, if it was some random noob (like the guy i mentioned above, and many others that actually do it all the time) then none would care about it. That said, i dont see any point in such gameplay, this game enforces teamwork and everyone should try to fulfill his role the best they can, ranged units by taking down their enemies the best they can, shielders by standing in the front lines and fighting, cavalry by taking care of opposition cav and archers, etc.....so just charging and dying in less then 30 secs can not really be considered as helping your team, even if you make a few lucky spam kills in the way. If its your last round or something then yeah, go kill yourself so you can leave the game in peace but if you do it for multiple rounds in a row then its pointless, youre taking a slot that someone else might use, someone who would actually participate in battle and enjoy his time.
Ofc there should be warnings before bans, in case people are unable to use common sense. I say unban Vicious and add a sentence about situations like this under the rules section.

On another note, Kesh said something like "Its my right to charge and die if i please so, rather then camping or standing in formation, or shit like that....". This whole mod is a mess atm, maps are overplayed and unbalanced and there are many people who think this way, but dear Kesh you of all people should know a thing or two about camping and shooting down helpless people. I as well sometimes rage about the number of archers in this mod, people are just used to playing this like a shooter and there is no way of changing their minds, runing around for 3 minutes only to be filled with numerous arrows from all sides is very frustrating, now when youve experienced it yourself youre also frustrated and you rather choose to just run strait and get shot then trying to do something else (which might benefit your team more) and still get shot, before you succeed. Its sad to see that 80% of people use some kind of ranged weaponry, its even more sad to see that out of 10 last survivors on the battlefield at least 7 are archers. Ive made some suggestions about things that should be changed (and i didnt cry for archery nerf at all) but it was mostly axed down, people prefer having hordes of roof camping bundle of stickss and playing a sharpshooting "battles" rather then having (nearly) full infantry/cavalry battles so.....just go with it, back to your archery and do what you do best: camp some roof and snipe down the poor runners and horses, from the opposite corner of the map, before they even engage the fight. Enjoy your cRPG archery contest.

Edit: the Kesh reply is off-topic, i clearly doubt he charges because of leeching, i think its more related to frustration of not being able to do much by standing with the team, he feels its a waste of time, and he is right. In the end youre gonna get shot anyways so why not do it right away and continue watching the movie on TV ?

dont worry Gnjus  gore already banned me from na server while i was NORMALLY PLAYNG,   becouse i say  on this 3d to one of his ats member, that  he wasbackcocking him.  only becouse they share same tag.

so from banned becouse i am merc and whine 3d
from banned becouse i say to a friend of an admin that he is supporting his clan mate rights only becouse they share tag.

next?

i am playng on pecores one, where admin have sense and logic and not are some usa  emo teen age boy, with  easy ban, or willing to say server is mine, i cant do what i want (like gore)

I agree with most of your post Sir "Handsome" Gnjus  :mrgreen:

Just have to say that vicious was previously pretty much unknown to me.
I saw the name from time to time but wasn't aware that he is special.
It took most of this thread to realize that  :P

maybe becouse i was here first that you learned to spell CRPG

following the Gnjus point of view probably if you tomahowked do that no one will notice it.

ps: btw  thx  Gnjus i love your ugly face
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 11:38:34 am by Vicious666 »

Offline Meow

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 11, 2011, 11:39:15 am »
no actually i was here from the beginning - stopped playing and came back some weeks ago.

also what you don't get is that insulting everyone because you're butthurt might have consequences like bans on servers where those people are admins...

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 11, 2011, 11:47:14 am »
no actually i was here from the beginning - stopped playing and came back some weeks ago.

also what you don't get is that insulting everyone because you're butthurt might have consequences like bans on servers where those people are admins...

butthurt? i play on other server i dont given a fuck about emo admin,    teen ager.            they dont deserve to be admin     , admin should be fair not base  bans on theyr  friendlist. 

and i not remember you mister beginning.   so there is 2 choice

a) you where so bad that none notice you
b) what a surprise you lie

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 11, 2011, 11:48:06 am »
butthurt? i play on other server i dont given a fuck about emo admin,    teen ager.            they dont deserve to be admin     , admin should be fair not base  bans on theyr  friendlist. 

QQ at it's finest.

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 11, 2011, 11:49:02 am »

Well atleast he isnt known for being bad, like yourself mister.  :wink:

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 11, 2011, 11:52:28 am »
Well atleast he isnt known for being bad, like yourself mister.  :wink:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

that was fun lisa :O

ps: bad in what? :O
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 11:54:13 am by Vicious666 »

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 11, 2011, 11:54:33 am »
(click to show/hide)

that was fun lisa :O

Couldnt resist :P

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 11, 2011, 01:23:24 pm »
holy shit i agree with gnjus. ITS A ALMOSTVALENTINESDAYMIRACLE
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #179 on: February 11, 2011, 01:41:22 pm »
(click to show/hide)

+1

There is only one point is disagree (next to a small little tiny unimportant detail I will mention later): If you are frustrated by being shot early, it is NOT okay to charge straight ahead to be shot immediately. Why?

You play Warband to fight and to kill people.

The ranged spam in cRPG prevents some (pure meele build) players of doing so.

Now if they just charge straight ahead to die, they probably don't do what the idea of the game is.

Now why should they even join a server if they can't do what they want or they are supposed to do (as you listed up nicely)?

The answer is: they do it as it still brings money and XP.

Summary: they don't play properly, they are only there to earn money and XP.

That's leeching, in my opinion. It's not that severe like the no-lifer leeching on purpose of Vicious, as they basically WANT to play, but get frustrated, but it's definitely leeching. Though, I agree, those people should not be punished, but taken care of by the developers (by making the game fairer for them).

I don't know what Kimichi tries to achieve, but I bet he can only benefit of being prevented of charging headlessly every round.  :wink:  :lol:

And now the tiny little detail I disagree: cavalry is NOT supposed to fight enemy cav. I know that it's done this way on most maps for some reason, but in fact you will always win if your cavalry will concentrate more on enemy archers and, as soon as the big meele has started, the enemy infantry (which should be distracted at that point). This, of course, requires patience from the cav players, which most don't have.

It's the horse archers who are supposed to actively fight enemy cavalry. With their weak shooting capabilities (concerning damage, I mean) killing those (big target) horses with few HP and armour is the most effective thing they can do.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)