Author Topic: So botting/semi-afk leeching is fine?  (Read 17025 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: So botting/semi-afk leeching is fine?
« Reply #135 on: February 10, 2011, 03:26:08 pm »
+1
They are srs bsns, because if you don't take care of that shit problems will increase with it. One leecher indeed has little effect on your team, but ten WOULD have. So stop defending them.

And if we would follow your perverted logic, we weren't able to kick anyone, because it could be that the teamkill was NOT intended, that the last survivor wasn't just running away, but it was his way of playing, etc.

This is not the perfect world with absolute justice for everyone. You have to handle things as good as you can. 10 bans with 1 unjust decision is acceptable to me, to improve overall gameplay. Also don't forget, that if abuses get punished frequently, less people will abuse, so there will be less kicks/bans and so less undeserved punishments.
There is no autokick system in place for teamkills.

'Nuff said.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #136 on: February 10, 2011, 03:31:53 pm »
+1
I'd rather see an autokick for people that are hiding under the water or in a bush every round on the siege server.
Wasn't something like this already in? Like you don't move for two minutes, you are kicked?
Kicking for dying first is silly imo, can happen to normal player and if you don't have the kill display on you have no way of knowing.

Offline Dreakon_The_Destroyer

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Kiss my Axe
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Dreakon_ATS
« Reply #137 on: February 10, 2011, 05:32:18 pm »
+1
all this is just more proof and reason why we shud just get exp for kills and/or effort. not just exp per min so this sort of stuff doesnt happen.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 10, 2011, 05:55:11 pm »
+1
all this is just more proof and reason why we shud just get exp for kills and/or effort. not just exp per min so this sort of stuff doesnt happen.
IMO all this is just poof and reason to get rid of retirement/heirlooming. It was intended to get rid of tincans, utterly failed in it and now that we have upkeep we don't need it any longer. I know many of you would get mad, but thats my view of things.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #139 on: February 10, 2011, 07:25:30 pm »
+1
Charging in at the beginning and dying is considered leeching?
xD
I do this when I'm frustrated and desperately am trying for a kill, plz don't ban me because I don't want to walk 2 minutes straight trying to out flank the gazillion ranged enemies and the like. I just wanna slash at some enemies with my sword I ain't tryin' to hurt nobody ... Oh wait I guess I am.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 10, 2011, 07:26:23 pm »
+1
I've been leeching alot then :D

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2818
  • Infamy: 714
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 10, 2011, 07:53:46 pm »
+1
IMO all this is just poof and reason to get rid of retirement/heirlooming. It was intended to get rid of tincans, utterly failed in it and now that we have upkeep we don't need it any longer. I know many of you would get mad, but thats my view of things.

In that case, why would anyone play c-rpg instead of native?

Edit:

To answer my own question:

Strategus

« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 07:55:58 pm by Leshma »

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 10, 2011, 08:21:48 pm »
+1
In that case, why would anyone play c-rpg instead of native?
lol, its funny that you ask, i would never voluntarily retire at lvl 31 if my build isn't faulty. And I play it instead of native because of being able to create different individual chars, overall athmosphere, combat and game improvements (Animations, different/weaker archery, more items, balance by banner, etc.)

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2011, 08:26:06 pm »
+1
I've been leeching alot then :D

99year ban for this leecher!!1!one!1!ONE!1!

Offline Murchad

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 10, 2011, 11:05:15 pm »
+1
Ok, so lvl 1-10 it's pretty hard to get a kill so sometimes I don't even try as i feel it's not worth the effort.
Is that ok?

Sometimes at lvl 30 i get burned out on my char and want to retire so I will mess around.
eg. use funny gear like leather apron and meat cleaver (butcher build)
Is that ok? I could always use good gear and always get good kdr but am I required to?

Leaching is against the rules but what is the cutoff point.

Offline Leiknir

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: Leiknir
  • IRC nick: Leiknir
« Reply #145 on: February 10, 2011, 11:07:54 pm »
+1
Leaching is against the rules but what is the cutoff point.
Doing it in every round for multiple days, I would say.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #146 on: February 10, 2011, 11:52:06 pm »
+1
Unless you have several highly experienced and educated lawmakers to make a system of rules which is not easy to abuse, applying common sense, regardless of calls of "admin abuse", is the way. Else you get exploiters devising ways to go around the intent of what the ruleset is trying to achieve, and wannabe internet lawyers defending them.

This is what I suggested in several admin abuse threads, and never got a single answer. I think I will just write down a set of rules and post it without comment. One afternoon later the thread will have 10 pages, of which 9 consist of postings like "WTF you mad???"  :lol:

(Seasoned players, who are to be taken seriously then can make REAL suggestions to modify the rules, as I tend to go into extremes, but we MUST start somewhere, and if noone is willing to do it, then I have to  :? )

There is no autokick system in place for teamkills.

'Nuff said.

Accidental teamkilling can happen easily. Accidentally dying three times in a row as first probably can't. And to all those who say they are frustrated, want to get a kill finally or something similar: if this feature is explained in the server join message, you have no excuse. If you died among the first players twice just stay in the second line for a single round, and everything will be fine.

Oh! Almost forgot: a lone one-man-charge is a really bad way to score a frag. You will probably have 0:9 before you get a single kill. How do you want to kill someone if you got the attention of 20 enemy players (15 with ranged weapons) and ZERO backup from your teammates?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 11:56:54 pm by Joker86 »
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Lamix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 11, 2011, 12:42:08 am »
+1
I've noticed this quite a lot recently, more and more people are doing it, all i can say is its just pathetic play the game or leave and go do somthing else, you should be playing for entertainment not to grind you're 176th generation, just remove heirloomed items or make it so theres a 2week cooldown between retirement.

For those trying to defend this behaviour, there is a difference between playing even with crap gear, you may not be doing much for the team but you're doing something, these people have no intention of helping the team and 1 player can make all the difference in this mod, they run in alone against 10 people swing there weapon a couple of times maybe get a kill cos the first person they run into is low lvl, but theres no intent on getting a kill, their intent is to die as quickly as they can and thats what makes the difference.

A list of rules would be great in the announcement section supplied and posted by the admins.

Players like these make me regret spending hours of my time making a list so they could see what they can get by leeching, spending my time helping others even though my characters are only gen1 and have no heirloomed items.

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #148 on: February 11, 2011, 12:50:55 am »
+1
I've seen 3 or 4 people doing this today, always running towards the enemy every round, randomly swinging and getting killed fast. Nobody got banned of course.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 12:54:23 am by Ganon »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 11, 2011, 01:07:06 am »
+1

Please go play an arcade game. Then come back if you start to be bored, and explain why you are bored.

On the subject, I've seen Kesh_BRD and another *_BRD behaving just like that these days. I hope the rules will get a lift so they include a protection against this kind of bot using.