Author Topic: So botting/semi-afk leeching is fine?  (Read 17088 times)

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
Re: So botting/semi-afk leeching is fine?
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2011, 11:12:18 am »
where did you vicious get the idea that nolifing two games at the same time is something people could be jealous of?
it's sad  :(

also you might want to cut down on the admin insults especially in the ban thread.

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2011, 11:18:45 am »
can any admin answer is this allowed??

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 265
  • Infamy: 2964
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2011, 11:51:11 am »
It should be since it's not fully automated aka script aka bot. In every other mod besides c-rpg this little trick with auto movement (forward + chat button) has no meaning because there isn't anything to farm. In previous version of this mod it also was pointless because to gain XP you had to be part of the huge crowd.

I would like to point out that I made one such thread but the "suspect" in that case was Kesh_BRD. I made mistake thinking it's a bot, didn't know game mechanics supports botting. No one cared back then, dunno why all the fuss now. Actually Kesh did take notice of that little thread of mine and stopped doing it blatantly and started to fight a bit before he drops dead.

Somehow I have a feeling that everyone is gonna "suffer" because of this incident. I already see chadz removing retirement bonus and heirlooms rather than fixing the issue, because it's really hard to fix it without changing whole reward system once again.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 11:52:46 am by Leshma »

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2011, 11:57:50 am »
[...]fixing the issue, because it's really hard to fix it without changing whole reward system once again.

I disagree, making this offense a permanent ban would easily stop people from doing it also get rid of any that continue to do so. I consider this "tactic" much worse than leeching and I am looking forward to see an official rule regarding it soon.

Offline Meow

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2011, 12:04:27 pm »
what mr. my face is my shield said  :mrgreen:

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #110 on: February 10, 2011, 12:06:46 pm »
You obviously didn't apply the common sense. Babelfish posted a definition of leeching earlier in this thread, discussion was already held on that topic. Also, you can call it whatever you want, it still doesn't change the fact that you weren't fighting back, just dying (multiple people said that, while only you and your clanmate are the opposition to them and you calling all of them lairs because their "gealus noobs" obviously doesn't give a lot to your creditability).

you clearly have problem on reading.

not only merc give me rights.   you need to read the entire 3d than reply, so you make a better figure.   

if i not attack back how i was 2/6 ?        i killed them by farting?

Offline Meow

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 10, 2011, 12:12:58 pm »
you clearly have problem on reading.
ahahahaha that - from you?

also you must have forgotten the part that you were 0/4 before i started complaining about it so that argument just does not hold.

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2011, 12:16:19 pm »
ahahahaha that - from you?

also you must have forgotten the part that you were 0/4 before i started complaining about it so that argument just does not hold.

grow up you must be a teen-ager whiner sucker with a lot of time to spend in argument that none CARE ABOUT.
get a girl, fuck sometimes,      becouse internet made you mad.   

this xp system is retarded and promote passive income, instead active like was in past,    i am not going againt the writed rule, so you can continue whine how much you like

Offline Meow

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 10, 2011, 12:29:00 pm »
yeah i am the one here who has no life.
i forgot mr. gen16 :P

also you think random insulting people makes you a grown up or something?
not that i care but you're making a fool of yourself.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 12:32:18 pm by Meow »

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #114 on: February 10, 2011, 12:29:26 pm »
No point in arguing with you. You are banned and hopefully won't get unbanned anytime soon. I think this thread provides enough materials for admins to think about why players like you should be banned. You are deliberately trying to find holes in the system and abuse them.

PS: You are still talking about ONE round, yet you were reported for doing it several rounds, even maps in a row. Just because the last round you went 2/6 (probably after Mte warne you via skype/ts/vent that someone actually noticed your strange behaviour), doesnt mean you shouldnt be banned for the times you were doing it before.

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #115 on: February 10, 2011, 12:34:47 pm »
I disagree, making this offense a permanent ban would easily stop people from doing it also get rid of any that continue to do so.

::sigh:: Do you understand the difficulty in PROVING someone is doing this INTENTIONALLY?

In the great words of Captain Kirk: You. Can't. It's. Simply Not. Possible.

You can be fairly sure, but fairly sure is fairly unfair to a fair portion of people who may be innocent. And that is no way to maintain a small community like the one we have.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 10, 2011, 12:39:01 pm »
::sigh:: Do you understand the difficulty in PROVING someone is doing this INTENTIONALLY?

You can be fairly sure, but fairly sure is fairly unfair to a fair portion of people who may be innocent. And that is no way to maintain a small community like the one we have.

When you see someone running against a huge mob a few maps in a row and not even fighting back(or rarely) I believe it is very clear. However, it is true that it will be hard to properly police but a rule for this kind of behavior is required.

Offline Meow

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 10, 2011, 12:41:19 pm »
(click to show/hide)
Do you understand that it is zero problem to judge if someone is doing it on purpose or not? check multiple rounds if he does not bother playing the game - ban.
we're really turning in circles here.
it's not like people are supposed to be banned for failing at the game but for playing like a bot.
there is a huge difference.
people who try to play at least turn and change directions from time to time you know.
although the last bot i saw did that on it's own the pattern was pretty clear so no way there is any room for banning the wrong people.

also he openly admitted to the fact that he is exploiting the system which in itself should be a banable offense as he is aware of the fact that what he is doing is wrong just not controlled by any rule.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2011, 12:48:24 pm »

Kirk is wrong. You can... often enough i see people doing this for maps... they easily can be banned. They easily can be detected. You easily can see that it is intentional.
Or do you think they run into foes not fighting 10 times in a row by accident?

Tbh if someone is exploiting this for several maps he should get a 1 day ban at first then a 1 week ban and then everytime again a 1 month ban not only for that server but too for every other and strategus.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #119 on: February 10, 2011, 12:51:20 pm »
Do you understand the difficulty in PROVING someone is doing this INTENTIONALLY?

(click to show/hide)

When was a teamkill intended? I happened to intentionally teamkill the same guy twice in two rounds. Fortunately no admin was on, and I spammed the chat with apologizes and he forgave me, but imagine my problems explaining this was unintended!

When do you have insulting or griefing? What is delaying a round on purpose? Is an archer with 0PS but 8ATH allowed to play his class by creating some distance between him and his opponent?

It is ALWAYS a question of personal admin decision. I would say a nice rule would be: if your are continuously among the first three guys who die in a round, then you are probably leeching. I would even implement an autokick function. If you call this playing the game your (=Rambo) style, then you have to accept that this style is not gladly seen by your teammates.

@Vicious: the rule you claim that didn't exist yet and you got punished for is the first, most important one, set up by the makes of the mod: common sense! What you do there is pure leeching, a few alibi-kills can't change that.

And another plea: please press the space bar only once between two words. This looks really awkward  :?
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)