Poll

Add healing?

yes
10 (13.5%)
needs some fine tuning but I like the idea !
14 (18.9%)
no
50 (67.6%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Author Topic: Healing, bandaging, potions?  (Read 2143 times)

Offline jspook

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Auphan
  • Game nicks: Pit
Re: Healing, bandaging, potions?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 08:36:35 pm »
Jspook idea is hereby aproved by Hamleigh! lol

make no mistake: I do not wish to add healing, bandages or potions to the existing game
I was simply providing contructive criticism instead of being a complete hate troll, like most replies on the forums.
I voted, and will continue to vote, NO
"Scissors needs a nerf because he beats me every time, but rock is just fine" - paper

Offline FICO

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_FICO
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 08:57:42 pm »
well i'd be for healing tents and bandages ONLY IF....
... if your character after wounding starts to lose a certain number of hp over time (bleeding) and tent or bandage stops you from losing hp (bleeding stopped, so you won't die of blood loss).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A fighter is more dangerous, starved, sick, injured, sleep-deprived, drunk and naked than the normal person is well-fed, healthy, whole, rested, cold sober and armed to the teeth

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2011, 02:59:34 am »
hmmm, lets camp a roof... and if one gets shot, lets just do mumbo jumbo to heal him up to full health
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline FICO

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_FICO
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2011, 10:19:01 am »
hmmm, lets camp a roof... and if one gets shot, lets just do mumbo jumbo to heal him up to full health
or you hit him with dart and leave him patch himself. after that you hit him one more time with dart - no more bandages - he bleeds to death on roof :twisted:

there was one mod before... for old m&b where you had very low HP, so if you got hit hard - you died.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 10:21:09 am by FICO »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A fighter is more dangerous, starved, sick, injured, sleep-deprived, drunk and naked than the normal person is well-fed, healthy, whole, rested, cold sober and armed to the teeth

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2011, 11:34:58 am »
The reason why healing tents have low health like that is that they are intended for strategus, and should be built in a safe spot (aka inside the walls), because arrows can destroy them easily. They are supposed to buff defenders, not attackers.

If you manage to use them anywhere else, feel free to do so :)

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Honoured Guard)
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2011, 11:00:09 pm »
Most people are against it because it's a medieval mod and it's not realistic at all that in battles of 5 minutes length you are able to heal anything.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2011, 01:42:15 am »
Most people are against it because it's a medieval mod and it's not realistic at all that in battles of 5 minutes length you are able to heal anything.

I'm ok with this, and i guess that's why it's intended (only) to Strategus, and this seems not necessarily realistic, but it goes into a game mechanics, as in sp, when you lose some tickets, they are only wounded, in this way, minor injuries (no loss of tickets) can be treated immediately.
It's like ladders, that give more possibility, new tactic, more gameplay.

Offline TommyHu

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2011, 04:08:50 am »
healing, bandages and potions...how about when your hands are free and you type "in vas mani" we heal ourselves...Seriously, didn't most people get into mount&blade because it is based on elements of "realism" or being "plausible" would be a better word.  Bandages healing people though? Bandages stop bleeding, if they were to implement a 'bleed out' feature like old school day of defeat that's one thing. I think the healing tents are pretty silly too, and I'm glad they aren't seen in battle mode.