Poll

Should the polearm stun be removed from cRPG ?

yes
54 (49.5%)
yes, but it should stay for some specific polearms
35 (32.1%)
no
20 (18.3%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Voting closed: November 04, 2011, 02:31:06 am

Author Topic: Remove the polearm stun in the next patch please.  (Read 42204 times)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: Remove the polearm stagger in the next patch please.
« Reply #360 on: January 25, 2012, 08:59:38 pm »
Still talking about something that is my opinion?

Yes.

You kinda "threaten" everyone with saying: "That is something you guys seem to forget every minute."
 So, you kinda, erm.. try to force your opinion on others there? That's why it's hilarious.

Just because it is my opinion doesn't mean that you have to like it or that you have to consider it as good/true or whatever you want.

Sure. I wouldn't care about it if it wouldn't be written in an offensive style like that by the way.

here is one for you ;)

I can give you more, but as far as I know you and your posts you will tell me I changed the real posts etc etc. I don't even know why I'm always bothering myself with you :/
Maybe because it's funny^^

Good, you might've had a good day there. But still your behavior here is just childish.
Also, you don't know a damn thing. You just try to look smart with saying "I know you and what would you say."
Pathetic.
Also I don't know why am I bothering with retards like you. It's kinda entertaining, though.

Talking about yourself again? 

Hah. I'm sure I have more than 51 pages of comments. So, no.

See, I can nitpick as well!
Your attempts at countering are laughable.

If there's one biased guy on this forum it's you. All your posts are biased bullshit.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:09:31 pm by Christo »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #361 on: January 25, 2012, 09:01:53 pm »
Tell you what, if one of you brings me the code to disable polestagger, I'll add it to the patch.

Never knew you don't know how to do it ^^

Thought you brought it into the game so you know how to remove :/

But still your behavior here is just childish.

Nothing you are different :/

I don't know what is childish in your opinion. That I have an own opinion? Or that I tell people what I think about them? Or that I make fun about people cause it's the only way I can stand all that bullshit people here are saying?

At least I don't end every 2nd one of my threads with insulting people or saying things like  "QQ" "l2p" etc. That's just mindless copying what people said again and again.
You even know what QQ really means?

Btw, I did not refer to the amount of pages. But I think you can figure that out on your own.

Let's quit that discussion. We both don't have a good opinion of the other one and it will result in always quoting and talking against and maybe insulting.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:13:13 pm by Gisbert_of_Thuringia »

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #362 on: January 25, 2012, 09:03:52 pm »
Tell you what, if one of you brings me the code to disable polestagger, I'll add it to the patch.

Someone told me that you could add knockdown tag to all poles and the problem would be solved.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #363 on: January 25, 2012, 09:09:32 pm »
No problem with polestagger done by a pike which is a support weapon, but then it shouldn't do such high dmg if it is really meant as support

Getting two-hit by rus and long bows with 58 body armour, 21 strength and 5 IF pre-patch. If support weapons shouldn't have high damage, well why are you crying about the range nerf and then crying about pikes dealing too much damage? :? Pikes still deal pretty low damage if you're not constantly going for headshots or using speed bonus to full extent.

or it shouldn't be possible to spin around, jumphit or just backpaddle all the time with it.

You're awful if you lose a duel to a long spear/pike, apart from maybe against Craftybadger, just saying. Pikes are very bad weapons for 1 vs. 1, especially because of the stun you get by hitting someone's block with a stab, which leads to free hits on the piker all the time. Just play correctly and the pikeman can't really do much at all.

But I don't think that weapons like elegant poleaxe are support weapons so why do they need all that?

Like I said earlier, no 'dueling' polearms need polestagger and should have it removed, if cmp can work his magic.

Btw Gurnisson, I was not talking to you about the biased stuff, so no need for you to throw your blabla in. I can't really tell I know many smart posts done by you, but I'm not telling you all the time. :rolleyes:

I'm not telling you all the time either. But when you reach xxxx amount of biased posts I have to vent my frustration. I'm sick and tired of all your posts, but that's just my honest opinion. You may hate me and my posts how much you want, I don't care. :)
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #364 on: January 25, 2012, 09:15:30 pm »
Gurnission I have no problem with an archery nerf, I just think it was a bit too much.

And don't tell me that crap, pikes deal massive dmg and everyone knows it :rolleyes:  Of course there are weapons dealing more, but that's not the point.

And yes, I think the same about you and your posts, but that might happen when there are so many people coming together. You can't like everyone.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:19:21 pm by Gisbert_of_Thuringia »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 743
  • Infamy: 2387
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 25, 2012, 09:20:10 pm »

It's not just polearmer class, it's his sub-class "STR stacking PS to the max polespammer". It's the official dev class played by cool devs like Meow and cmpx :D

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2475
  • Infamy: 2044
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 25, 2012, 09:35:39 pm »
+1
Someone told me that you could add knockdown tag to all poles and the problem would be solved.

That's some funny shit you wrote there. Very smooth way of saying "buff me" :P

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #367 on: January 25, 2012, 09:46:11 pm »
As far as I know only blunt damage causes knockdowns, so giving all poles the kd flag apart from maybe spears would probably work. Damage and thus kd chance of blunt pole attacks like GLA stab or awlpike overswing is rather low.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 25, 2012, 11:52:20 pm »
Substituting polestagger with a knockdown chance for all poles ?

Soooo, since my lance angle was reduced , can i get an ak47 , preferably usable from horseback  ?

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #369 on: January 26, 2012, 12:06:03 am »
As far as I know only blunt damage causes knockdowns, so giving all poles the kd flag apart from maybe spears would probably work. Damage and thus kd chance of blunt pole attacks like GLA stab or awlpike overswing is rather low.

At the very least, please don't remove polestagger from longspear and pike. All it would do is further reduce their effectiveness as support.  :|

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 26, 2012, 12:07:50 am »
At the very least, please don't remove polestagger from longspear and pike. All it would do is further reduce their effectiveness as support.  :|

Yeah as Gurnisson also said, support poles should keep it, but those others like elegant poleaxe shouldn't have it

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #371 on: January 26, 2012, 12:35:26 am »
At least I don't end every 2nd one of my threads with insulting people or saying things like  "QQ" "l2p" etc. That's just mindless copying what people said again and again.
You even know what QQ really means?

Tell me, how many times did you see me use "l2p" in these forums?
 These days, I used it once, but I stated that It's not my posting style to use such stuff.

I don't prefer using that "word", for a good reason.

Yet, you write things you aren't even sure about, and can't prove with evidence.

Go on, search for my posts in an "every second thread/thread of mine" pattern if you are that desperate, but it's not needed.
I'd bet anything that you wouldn't find so many uses of "QQ", or "l2p" among them.

So, it's best for you to stop right there, without posting further bullcrap that's not even half-true.

And I know what QQ means, thank you very much.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 12:59:09 am by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #372 on: January 26, 2012, 01:14:45 am »
Substituting polestagger with a knockdown chance for all poles ?

Soooo, since my lance angle was reduced , can i get an ak47 , preferably usable from horseback  ?

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #373 on: January 26, 2012, 07:13:47 am »
Why should support weapons keep it? I really don't get it

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #374 on: January 26, 2012, 08:28:33 am »
Why should support weapons keep it? I really don't get it

One of the primary purposes of support is to distract the enemy, and give your teammates the chance to hit them. Polestagger works well for this, without it the longspear and pike lose a huge portion of their role.