Poll

Should the polearm stun be removed from cRPG ?

yes
54 (49.5%)
yes, but it should stay for some specific polearms
35 (32.1%)
no
20 (18.3%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Voting closed: November 04, 2011, 02:31:06 am

Author Topic: Remove the polearm stun in the next patch please.  (Read 40163 times)

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Remove the polearm stagger in the next patch please.
« Reply #345 on: January 25, 2012, 06:38:16 pm »
polestagger is fine.  "Oh noes!  I have to block twice in a row once in a while!"  Guys, its really not that bad.  2h already out-range and out-speed most poles, and this gives them something interesting and dynamic on the battlefield.  Getting rid of the stun and tweaking stats to compensate would make things much more stale and two dimensional.

signed,
-not a pole user
You get stabbed by anything pointy in a clusterfuck----> polestaggered-----> X_X dead .  Polestagger is not fine. Thank you ,come again.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #346 on: January 25, 2012, 06:40:16 pm »
I agree. It would also be nice to remove polestagger instead of ordering pizza or playing Beethoven's 9th symphony.

Well actually you can order pizza and have your pc play Beethoven's 9th while removing it ;)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #347 on: January 25, 2012, 06:44:02 pm »
You get stabbed by anything pointy in a clusterfuck----> polestaggered-----> X_X dead .  Polestagger is not fine. Thank you ,come again.

Yeah. But support weapons need it, to make them somewhat useful for melee support.

Every idiot can negate your longspear/pike by blocking down, at least if you land a hit, this gives you a limited time window to either;

a; Run,
b; Try to wiggle-in another stab, but it's not recommended with stab only weapons.

That, and the fact that bringing a support weapon is painful, ( nearly no-one helps you around infantry but expects you to kill all the damned cav during the round ) would render them almost useless.

Long Spear and Pikes need an alternative attack on them, if the stagger is out. But that would be a painful change.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 25, 2012, 06:46:55 pm »
+1
Yeah. But support weapons need it, to make them somewhat useful for melee support.

Every idiot can negate your longspear/pike by blocking down, at least if you land a hit, this gives you a limited time window to either;

a; Run,
b; Try to wiggle-in another stab, but it's not recommended with stab only weapons.

That, and the fact that bringing a support weapon is painful, ( nearly no-one helps you around infantry but expects you to kill all the damned cav during the round ) would render them almost useless.

Long Spear and Pikes need an alternative attack on them, if the stagger is out. But that would be a painful change.
long spears/ pikes are useful as hell even without the polestagger.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 25, 2012, 06:48:00 pm »
Sure, but a lot less.

Also quite situational, most in the melee blob are angry spamming killwhores, who don't care about or even hate! someone who brings in a long spear, for stealing kills on the rare occasion. Hah, heard that a few times.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 06:49:34 pm by Christo »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 25, 2012, 07:06:13 pm »
+2
polestagger is fine.  "Oh noes!  I have to block twice in a row once in a while!"  Guys, its really not that bad.  2h already out-range and out-speed most poles, and this gives them something interesting and dynamic on the battlefield.  Getting rid of the stun and tweaking stats to compensate would make things much more stale and two dimensional.

signed,
-not a pole user

Motherfucker what? You don't even know what polestagger is, obviously.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #351 on: January 25, 2012, 08:09:54 pm »
Polestagger is not only about pikes. It happens with every hit by every polearm.

And btw, as you Christo just mentioned, it is a support weapon. So it shouldn't be possible to stun something, run backwards and stun him again while also outreaching him and being able to outspam many people.

You were so eager to get archery nerf to support only, but when it comes to your own weapon class you don't seem to be so eager to make it a real support.

But you are not alone out there, most people here are totally biased, no problem.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #352 on: January 25, 2012, 08:13:06 pm »
+3
Polestagger is not only about pikes. It happens with every hit by every polearm.

It's the other polearms that's the problem. Dueling polearms should not get another hit for free.

And btw, as you Christo just mentioned, it is a support weapon. So it shouldn't be possible to stun something, run backwards and stun him again while also outreaching him and being able to outspam many people.

The support weapons should stagger the enemy for the heavy-hitters to finish off, just like the arrows do. Archery is for support, pikes are for support, they should both stagger.

But you are not alone out there, most people here are totally biased, no problem.

If there's one biased guy on this forum it's you. All your posts are biased bullshit.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 25, 2012, 08:26:15 pm »
No problem with polestun done by a pike which is a support weapon, but then it shouldn't do such high dmg if it is really meant as support or it shouldn't be possible to spin around, jumphit or just backpaddle all the time with it.
But I don't think that weapons like elegant poleaxe are support weapons so why do they need all that?

Btw Gurnisson, I was not talking to you about the biased stuff, so no need for you to throw your blabla in. I can't really tell I know many smart posts done by you, but I'm not telling you all the time. :rolleyes:

I was talking to Christo cause he was as I said very eager about nerfing ranged cause they are meant to be support

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 25, 2012, 08:32:49 pm »
+2
I was talking to Christo cause he was as I said very eager about nerfing ranged cause they are meant to be support

Me, very eager about nerfing ranged?

Stop fabricating freaking lies.

The only thing I was lobbying for -heck, I admit-, was the removal of ladders.
I know it might still hurt you that it happened, I remember how much you defended it saying how "tactical" and "new-dimensional" it was.

Guess what, me, and a huge part of the community was right, and ladders got disabled in normal gamemodes, for a good reason.
(FYI: Hiding on a rooftop for entire rounds aren't that "smart" or "tactical as you think", nor does it bring a "new dimension" in the game.

Suck it up, and move along. And for crying out loud, don't spread lies.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 08:37:59 pm by Christo »

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #355 on: January 25, 2012, 08:38:29 pm »
Me, very eager about nerfing ranged?

Stop fabricating freaking lies.

I know it might still hurt you that it happened, I remember how much you defended it saying how "tactical" and "new-dimensional" it was.

Guess what, me, and a huge part of the community was right, and ladders got disabled in normal gamemodes, for a good reason.
(FYI: Hiding on a rooftop for entire rounds aren't that "smart" or "tactical as you think", nor does it bring a "new dimension" in the game.

Suck it up, and move along. And for crying out loud, don't spread lies.

Thank you.

I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 25, 2012, 08:41:48 pm »

Hahaha, never laughed so much. Telling me liar but saying total crap I never said.

I was always for removing ladders, you can check all my posts if you want.

The only thing I once said was that is adds more or less some depth to the game and that if they stay (cause it seems chadz wanted to keep them) it shouldn't be possible to make roofs unreachable.
I was on roofs very rarely, but keep on living in your world.

Oh jeez what a crap

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 25, 2012, 08:47:13 pm »
The only thing I once said was that is adds more or less some depth to the game

Oh, fine.

Sorry, for not caring about 51 pages of highly ignorant/biased nonsense from you, and reading every single comment,

Nor remembering what words you've used exactly, weeks ago.

I still remember this beautiful line, however:

You can laugh about it as much as you want Christo. It is my opinion and this game is not a melee game. That is something most of you guys seem to forget every second minute...

So, sorry for actually having a life, and not browsing your damned posts full of nonsense all day, to post a 100% accurate sentence about you.
I have more important things to care about.

Nitpickers will nitpick.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 08:48:45 pm by Christo »

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 25, 2012, 08:51:12 pm »
Still talking about something that is my opinion?  :rolleyes:

Just because it is my opinion doesn't mean that you have to like it or that you have to consider it as good/true or whatever you want.

I'm very glad with the ladderremoval. Real archery takes place among the infantry, not above it^^

here is one for you ;)

I can give you more, but as far as I know you and your posts you will tell me I changed the real posts etc etc. I don't even know why I'm always bothering myself with you :/
Maybe because it's funny^^

Sorry, for not caring about 51 pages of highly ignorant/biased nonsense from you, and reading every single comment,

Talking about yourself again? 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 08:52:27 pm by Gisbert_of_Thuringia »

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #359 on: January 25, 2012, 08:56:31 pm »
Tell you what, if one of you brings me the code to disable polestagger, I'll add it to the patch.