Author Topic: Here's the secret to being awesome at this game... auto block hack...  (Read 16943 times)

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
Re: Here's the secret to being awesome at this game... auto block hack...
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2011, 08:00:21 pm »
Don't we already had this discussion in old forum? You know in 2010...

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2011, 08:02:08 pm »
In over a year of playing cRPG I have never seen anyone that I suspected of autoblock. Sure there's probably been some, but I have yet to see a player that I haven't been able to defeat. Sure there are many better than me, Bjord, Phyrex, Paul, etc(The list is looooong), but I can sometimes beat them, and they're just clearly better than me. But none of the hackers that were banned were high profile players known for being consistently awesome. So either they get banned very swiftly, or they simply don't compare to the good players.

I'm sure there will be a lot of hackers banned again in the next wave, but atleast they get banned. And the more they play in the meantime, the more they lose when the ban hits them.

And I can verify that no admin is spectating people that are suspected of autoblocking. It's a horrible idea.

Offline SpeedyBanana

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2011, 08:35:51 pm »

The point is: you have no point. I'm not even sure what you were trying to achieve with that thread. So people know there's an autoblocker? Well no shit, that has been around for nearly a year. And no secret at all.
 Yeah, that sure worked out well for native. Getting your ass banned with your looms locked up was what kept this hack under control in cRPG. They even say so in the first line line of the thread you linked. Do not use in cRPG.

My point is that this hack has been around for a LONG time and until the creator got bored and decided to put it up for public download where you could test it out and see how it works (and even made the source code available), none of you could visually tell if someone was hacking or had any way to detect it. Telling me you've known about this for a while is an outright fucking lie, because there was no official mention of this or any bans that I can remember UNTIL the guy who made it put it right in front of your face and said "here you go bro, here's the hack and here is the source code so you can see how it works"

So more specifically my point is your hack detection system and knowledge of this hack was only thanks to the fact that the creator gave it to you and all the information you needed on a silver platter. So if anybody else decides to remake this hack with a little more thought you're probably going to have very little chance of combating it until he gets bored with this game and decides to share it with everyone as well.

Now I'm not exactly blaming you here, this is really more of a case of poor game design and shitty euro programming by the developers. I appreciate the effort you guys are putting in to try to stop this. The only thing I hate is your smug and arrogant attitude, and that of some of the community members. How you say "Go ahead, give it a try, and say your char goodbye" and other comments you've made.... I mean buddy... none of you knew about this or could stop it until the guy gave you all the information on a silver platter. So when somebody else makes another auto-block hack what are you going to do if he doesn't decide to put it up for everyone to download or give you the source code?

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2011, 08:43:35 pm »
It's sad how egotistical and arrogant the cRPG community is especially on the forum. I've been playing this mod for a while now and I've seen a few threads over that time about people suspecting hacks were being used. Every time someone made a mention of it they got trolled and flamed with comments such as "you're just a noob" or "the other guy is just better than you" or some other sumg / sarcastic reply.
Funny of you to accuse others of arrogance, when you even fail to read the rather informative replies you have received to this thread, whilst spouting these "i-know-everything-better-than-you-all" misinformed posts.

At above - no one bothered to stop it, because it wasn't known that such existed.

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2011, 08:43:59 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Yea thing is though all the guys that got banned were sucky players. So who gives a damn?

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2011, 08:51:25 pm »
again is the question, whats your point? We should accuse everybody who is suspicious of cheating? In your OP you suggest that the next time we got beaten, we should automatically assume he is a cheater. Is that your point?

Offline SpeedyBanana

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2011, 08:52:21 pm »
Funny of you to accuse others of arrogance, when you even fail to read the rather informative replies you have received to this thread, whilst spouting these "i-know-everything-better-than-you-all" misinformed posts.

At above - no one bothered to stop it, because it wasn't known that such existed.

Clearly you do a great job of reading as well since just a few posts above the creator of the mod stated everyone's known about it for a year yet action was only taken just a few short months ago once the hack was put up for public download.

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2011, 08:56:15 pm »
Clearly you do a great job of reading as well since just a few posts above the creator of the mod stated everyone's known about it for a year yet action was only taken just a few short months ago once the hack was put up for public download.

Or, the devs was monitoring the amount of hackers until enough people started to use it to be a problem, and bam, they solved the problem.
Is it a problem now?
No
Have it been a problem?
yes, it was solved very quickly.
Will it be a problem?
If so, it will be solved just as quickly.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2011, 09:04:12 pm »
Why, oh why do people think the ability to block is the epitome of skill in this game?

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 09:09:50 pm by Kaelaen »
-idlewind

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2011, 09:05:33 pm »
I guess it's the creator of the autoblock script and mad he can't bypass the detection. So he trolls here so one of us would reveal the detection method.

NOT GONNA HAPPEN SIR.
Moved to spam where it belongs.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2011, 10:00:18 pm »
I am a leet hacker.
I have auto block auto attack auto run and 34 powerstrike.

Bwahahahaha, tremble.

Edit: I just realised that there is some comotion in the TW forums about a guy talking about hacks getting Permabanned from the forums, could it be related?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 10:01:22 pm by Bobthehero »
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2011, 10:24:40 pm »
He mad :(

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2011, 04:12:26 am »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2011, 06:54:12 am »

That's the most logical answer to this topic.