Author Topic: Fucked up heirloom exchange...  (Read 8301 times)

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
Re: Fucked up heirloom exchange...
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2011, 08:32:46 am »
While I personaly don't think that it's right for Turmoil to keep the item he's not in the wrong. In the end it's still your fault.

This basically. I still think Turmoil should give it back but that's up to him. He's not a cheater or scammer if he keeps it. It does reflect on his personality and character and will affect how he and his clan are viewed by others. And their reputation is going down the drain fast which is a punishment in itself.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2011, 09:17:07 am »
Wow... nice going Haven. Bullet, I'm surprised you're not even gonna try to help rectify this situation.

Just a heads up for the NA community, the LL server is up and running and has cool events! Make sure to add to favorites huzzah!!!

(Also, why are there random NA servers not working, like the GoD server!)

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2011, 09:39:30 am »
+1
I sympathize with those who have made Market exchanges with which they were dissatisfied. It isn't easy seeing something one finds valuable to go for an unintended price. I understand this. But what I don't understand is how accepting an exchange on terms that someone else has offered can be reasonably construed as "cheating" or "scamming." An error on the part of the one making the offer does not imply rule-breaking or fraud on the part of the one accepting the offer.

One thing to keep in mind in discussions such as this is that the Market is an extension of cRPG, like Strategus is. Player actions in both the Market and Strategus entail risk, which even in Strategus is often economic in nature (e.g., running a trade route and protecting those on mercantile missions). As such, players ought to familiarize themselves with the mechanics of the game in order to avoid regrettable errors.

Both Strategus and the Market are extensions of cRPG and players can make mistakes in each. In Strategus, players make mistakes that result in circumstances that they dislike. If you benefit from another player's error in Strategus, e.g., by taking a town with poor defenses, you are not thereby obligated to rectify the error. You don't have to apologize or give back the town. Players who want to avoid losing towns need to learn the rules of the game and double-check their actions before taking them. They should recognize that any action entails risk and that mistakes are possible. In Strategus, a player might carry the wrong equipment for an imminent battle, resulting in a huge loss of troops; or in running a trade route he might activate quick march at an inappropriate time, leaving his army exhuasted in dangerous territory and open to a major loss of Strategus gold in the form of Trade Goods. In the Market, a player might type an unintended value or propose an exchange without knowledge of a recent patch that has changed the relative values of items. But in neither case does his error obligate another player to hit the reset button. Those who play the Market, just as those who play Strategus, need to know the game if they want matters to proceed as they intend.

Part of knowing the game is knowing what precautions are necessary to avoid mistakes. In Strategus, players should know what it means to drop their trade goods and whether it is appropriate to do so, and they should know not to sell weapons to fiefs, which at the moment do not exchange them for money. In the Market, players should know to verify that they are requesting the intended item, that the heirloom level is correct, and that the gold amount is the right number. The Market, for a short time during Javascript processing, places at the top of the list the offer one has just proposed, which allows the player to check his proposed exchange. One can even search for his character's name in order to double-check his offer. But it is best to rely on one's own careful checking and double-checking prior to proposing an exchange. This is important because the Market at the moment is unable to detect one's errors for him. I recommend that players learn the mechanics of the game as a way to prevent errors that they might regret.

Some think that the Market does not have enough built-in checks. They are free to take up the matter with those running the Market. But if anyone is at fault for a lack of additional methods of verification, one can hardly lay blame at the feet of those who simply click Accept. In the Market, as in Strategus, it is up to each individual player to familiarize himself with the rules of the game, to understand the risks involved, and to act accordingly.

C08385234EAC4BAD83F21B9A946283E53936D55B70F3CB7F6997DA92B6E91B73

Don´t talk bullshit. You know how much time you need to make such an item and thats the only reason why somebody wants to keep it.
There is a line between players who are part of the community and those who are not. Those who dont respect the other players will suffer
in some way cause the community does payback.

PS: If it happened another time that turmoil accepted offers within seconds they were made and it can be proofed that he
uses a script this is no more taking an opportunity this is totally against the rule number 1 of crpg: common sense.
If i were chadz i would instantly permaban him cause we dont need such people in the game. I probably have to do some lobbying for that.
Would be nice if the gameadmins would talk to the devs in those cases too. It just isnt right. He needs to get some time thinking about what he is doing.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 09:53:52 am by Camaris »

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2011, 12:54:37 pm »
+4
I sympathize with those who have made Market exchanges with which they were dissatisfied. It isn't easy seeing something one finds valuable to go for an unintended price. I understand this. But what I don't understand is how accepting an exchange on terms that someone else has offered can be reasonably construed as "cheating" or "scamming." An error on the part of the one making the offer does not imply rule-breaking or fraud on the part of the one accepting the offer.

One thing to keep in mind in discussions such as this is that the Market is an extension of cRPG, like Strategus is. Player actions in both the Market and Strategus entail risk, which even in Strategus is often economic in nature (e.g., running a trade route and protecting those on mercantile missions). As such, players ought to familiarize themselves with the mechanics of the game in order to avoid regrettable errors.

Both Strategus and the Market are extensions of cRPG and players can make mistakes in each. In Strategus, players make mistakes that result in circumstances that they dislike. If you benefit from another player's error in Strategus, e.g., by taking a town with poor defenses, you are not thereby obligated to rectify the error. You don't have to apologize or give back the town. Players who want to avoid losing towns need to learn the rules of the game and double-check their actions before taking them. They should recognize that any action entails risk and that mistakes are possible. In Strategus, a player might carry the wrong equipment for an imminent battle, resulting in a huge loss of troops; or in running a trade route he might activate quick march at an inappropriate time, leaving his army exhuasted in dangerous territory and open to a major loss of Strategus gold in the form of Trade Goods. In the Market, a player might type an unintended value or propose an exchange without knowledge of a recent patch that has changed the relative values of items. But in neither case does his error obligate another player to hit the reset button. Those who play the Market, just as those who play Strategus, need to know the game if they want matters to proceed as they intend.

Part of knowing the game is knowing what precautions are necessary to avoid mistakes. In Strategus, players should know what it means to drop their trade goods and whether it is appropriate to do so, and they should know not to sell weapons to fiefs, which at the moment do not exchange them for money. In the Market, players should know to verify that they are requesting the intended item, that the heirloom level is correct, and that the gold amount is the right number. The Market, for a short time during Javascript processing, places at the top of the list the offer one has just proposed, which allows the player to check his proposed exchange. One can even search for his character's name in order to double-check his offer. But it is best to rely on one's own careful checking and double-checking prior to proposing an exchange. This is important because the Market at the moment is unable to detect one's errors for him. I recommend that players learn the mechanics of the game as a way to prevent errors that they might regret.

Some think that the Market does not have enough built-in checks. They are free to take up the matter with those running the Market. But if anyone is at fault for a lack of additional methods of verification, one can hardly lay blame at the feet of those who simply click Accept. In the Market, as in Strategus, it is up to each individual player to familiarize himself with the rules of the game, to understand the risks involved, and to act accordingly.

C08385234EAC4BAD83F21B9A946283E53936D55B70F3CB7F6997DA92B6E91B73

I read your post, now I hope you're willing to listen to reason.

First of all, I am NOT accusing you of "cheating" or "scamming" in any way. According to the rules of the game, you're absolutely in the right, and noone can contest that.

But then, this is not about the game, it's about being decent towards the other players.

While putting up the offer was indeed my mistake, it is up to you as the buyer whether to take advantage of it or not. You do have a choice; just because the game gives you an opportunity to screw me over doesn't mean that you have to. So yes, part of the blame is to be had at the one who clicks "Accept".

You bring up a few situations strategus as examples, but those are completely different things. The purpose of the strategus game is to vie for power, you aim to wipe out the other factions and seize as much power/land for your faction (or yourself) as possible. Attacking weak towns/raiding caravans is an accepted part of the game, striking where the enemy is the weakest is one of the central ideas of any strategy game.

If you want good examples in strategus that correspond to this situation, we have the "cheesing" (lacking better words). Although "okay" in terms of game rules , people have been doing stuff like buying 100's of accounts to farm troops, sending loads of tiny stacks of equipment to towns to cause naked spawning, attacking during completely unreasonable times etc. (ofc. as the problems surface, the admins have taken action).

Now, by your reasoning, the problems that was here were not with the guys being douches, but rather the other guys letting it happen. It was their fault for not buying enough cd-keys, their fault for not being organized enough as town defenders to sort out what equipment is "fake", their fault for going to work and sleeping.

Point is, just as the purpose of strategus is not to have the guy who has bought the most cd-keys win, the purpose of the marketplace is not to allow people to snag cheap deals because of mistakes.

Making a good deal on the other hand is like attacking a weak town, and noone has any problems with that.

Now, to adress something different:

I can understand that you're annoyed with me for making this topic, but then again I never wanted to. I spent 2/3 of my OP explaining just why I did it. Call me a douche for doing it, fine I can't say you're wrong but really, just answering my pm's would have been so much easier.

Tbh, I'm sorry for metioning your name in here, that was unnecessary (yes, I was irritated at the time of writing, for obvious reason). Although making a topic about the issue at hand I still think is reasonable, for reasons I've already stated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 05:31:22 pm by Dezilagel »

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Kingtrisp

• Baron
  • Renown: 89
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
  • Conan What is best in life?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_KingConan
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2011, 01:04:11 pm »
+2
Haven again? lolololol after last time?

Why after what happened to allers has haven decided that its okay to f*** people over when ever they can?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 01:06:05 pm by Kingtrisp »

Offline naduril

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Naduril
  • IRC nick: Naduril
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2011, 02:46:33 pm »

I can understand that you're annoyed with me for making this topic, but then again I never wanted to. I spent 2/3 of my OP explaining just why I did it. Call me a douche for doing it, fine I can't say you're wrong but really, just answering my pm's would have been so much easier.

Tbh, I'm sorry for metioning your name in here, that was unnecessary (yes, I was irritated at the time of writing, for obvious reason). Although making a topic about the issue at hand I still think is reasonable, for reasons I've already stated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(click to show/hide)
Dezilagel , you did right that wrote his name. He behave like a retard and doesn't hide that. And you let the community know about these "fair and trustful" Kingdom of Haven...

Camaris, +1.

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2011, 03:54:09 pm »
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 04:26:11 pm by Grey »
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2011, 04:19:55 pm »
You don't deserve your item back. You don't even deserve our respect.

"Our" respect?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2011, 04:26:58 pm »
+2
Wow, permaban that little script kiddo.

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2011, 04:36:55 pm »
"Our" respect?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FIXED for your sensibilities.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2011, 04:39:33 pm »
Dezi doesn't even deserve your respect? OH NOES WHATEVER WILL HE DO
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2011, 04:45:19 pm »
Who cares about your respect

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2011, 04:49:11 pm »
+2
From what i've read it seems dezi made a simple error. Tried to rectify it, only to find it had already been sold. This to me makes it seem like tom was either incredibly lucky, or was waiting for such a thing. You must know when buying a masterwork for 100k, that a mistakes been made. Also the fact that he has decided to keep it, despite it being made obvious that this was a mistake (we all make them, lieing if you said you didn't). So in my eyes tom did the latter.

Morally I believe hes doing the wrong thing, and personally I think he is being incredibly selfish. I think he knows this too, and this is why he has tried to justify his actions by pinning the blame on dezi saying he merely bought an item off the market place. I would like to point out this is a game, not survival of the fittest; things that apply to real life, need not apply here. Dezi put in the effort for the MW not tom, and was obtained unjustly by tom, and therefore should be returned to dezi.

my 2p

on another note, the phrase: treat others how you expect to be treated, comes to mind.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2011, 04:51:08 pm »
TL;DR, douchebag defending his douchebaggy actions because they're "legal". Grats bro, you didn't break any rules. You're still a douchebag.

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2011, 06:27:56 pm »
TL;DR, douchebag defending his douchebaggy actions because they're "legal". Grats bro, you didn't break any rules. You're still a douchebag.

I totally agree that it's a filthy move: but he should be allowed to settle that on his conscience without us telling him, all we can do other than to say "Well done" to him for exploiting another's mistake is to rant here, and since that will only compell him to get resentfull and convince himself he is more than justified in keeping it, it serves no purpose.

Again I will say, well done Tom, you got yourself a bargain! We ALL do make mistakes, but since they are a personal fail and noone else's fault, we should take the full repercussions ourselves. I still dont believe Dezi should be able to get the item back in any other way than Tom deciding he will return it, and the main reason I typed with so much venom before was a reaction to everyone else's reaction: Tom doesn't deserve a ban, and should not be MADE to return it, althought both these things are easily done by a dev I imagine: Everyone spouting shit at him makes me wanna defend him: He saw a deal and took it. How many of you can HONESTLY say that if you were walking down your street and saw a (insert local fiduciary currency to the value of $100) note flapping about you would ignore it, or carefully pick it up and march to your local police office and "hand it in"??
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 06:32:17 pm by Grey »