Author Topic: Fucked up heirloom exchange...  (Read 8590 times)

Offline Hevi

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RuConquista
  • Game nicks: RuConquista_Chronos
  • IRC nick: h3v1
Re: Fucked up heirloom exchange...
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2011, 12:00:03 pm »
So chadz must add new option to give an item to smb. And stop that stupid stones spaming! :!: :!: :!:
Go ahead, give it a try, and say your character goodbye! 

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2011, 08:04:09 pm »
+5
IMO scammers should burn and be banned forever.

We have a Common Sense rule in the rules that overrides all other rules. This rule was previously called the ASSHAT rule.

Scammer is an Asshat, therefore, ban him.

Sad thing is that I don't have the power to check logs like that in the marketplace.. But scammers beware:

I have a strong feeling that sooner or later you will have to pay dearly.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline TucKMuncK

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: TM
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2011, 08:23:34 pm »
+2
I once bought loomed weapon with 28k, I gave it back  8-)
In memory of TucKMuncK_Wolper, member of River Pirates, ruler of Amashke

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2011, 12:37:33 am »
+1
Making? They are ex Dracul!  :lol:

The Dracul reputation still lays stretched and abused, even after ejecting the bile that caused it to be so in the first place :(

Also, for the record, we've never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever EVER supported what Haven does, we've never been allied with them either. I would just like to state that so there is no further confusion. Haven and Dracul are two separate clans.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Engine

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2011, 09:16:51 pm »
IMO scammers should burn and be banned forever.

We have a Common Sense rule in the rules that overrides all other rules. This rule was previously called the ASSHAT rule.

Scammer is an Asshat, therefore, ban him.

Sad thing is that I don't have the power to check logs like that in the marketplace.. But scammers beware:

I have a strong feeling that sooner or later you will have to pay dearly.

I'm with you, man! If a community lets asshats run free, it deserves what it gets. If it polices itself... it thrives.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2011, 04:19:54 am »
I sympathize with those who have made Market exchanges with which they were dissatisfied. It isn't easy seeing something one finds valuable to go for an unintended price. I understand this. But what I don't understand is how accepting an exchange on terms that someone else has offered can be reasonably construed as "cheating" or "scamming." An error on the part of the one making the offer does not imply rule-breaking or fraud on the part of the one accepting the offer.

One thing to keep in mind in discussions such as this is that the Market is an extension of cRPG, like Strategus is. Player actions in both the Market and Strategus entail risk, which even in Strategus is often economic in nature (e.g., running a trade route and protecting those on mercantile missions). As such, players ought to familiarize themselves with the mechanics of the game in order to avoid regrettable errors.

Both Strategus and the Market are extensions of cRPG and players can make mistakes in each. In Strategus, players make mistakes that result in circumstances that they dislike. If you benefit from another player's error in Strategus, e.g., by taking a town with poor defenses, you are not thereby obligated to rectify the error. You don't have to apologize or give back the town. Players who want to avoid losing towns need to learn the rules of the game and double-check their actions before taking them. They should recognize that any action entails risk and that mistakes are possible. In Strategus, a player might carry the wrong equipment for an imminent battle, resulting in a huge loss of troops; or in running a trade route he might activate quick march at an inappropriate time, leaving his army exhuasted in dangerous territory and open to a major loss of Strategus gold in the form of Trade Goods. In the Market, a player might type an unintended value or propose an exchange without knowledge of a recent patch that has changed the relative values of items. But in neither case does his error obligate another player to hit the reset button. Those who play the Market, just as those who play Strategus, need to know the game if they want matters to proceed as they intend.

Part of knowing the game is knowing what precautions are necessary to avoid mistakes. In Strategus, players should know what it means to drop their trade goods and whether it is appropriate to do so, and they should know not to sell weapons to fiefs, which at the moment do not exchange them for money. In the Market, players should know to verify that they are requesting the intended item, that the heirloom level is correct, and that the gold amount is the right number. The Market, for a short time during Javascript processing, places at the top of the list the offer one has just proposed, which allows the player to check his proposed exchange. One can even search for his character's name in order to double-check his offer. But it is best to rely on one's own careful checking and double-checking prior to proposing an exchange. This is important because the Market at the moment is unable to detect one's errors for him. I recommend that players learn the mechanics of the game as a way to prevent errors that they might regret.

Some think that the Market does not have enough built-in checks. They are free to take up the matter with those running the Market. But if anyone is at fault for a lack of additional methods of verification, one can hardly lay blame at the feet of those who simply click Accept. In the Market, as in Strategus, it is up to each individual player to familiarize himself with the rules of the game, to understand the risks involved, and to act accordingly.

C08385234EAC4BAD83F21B9A946283E53936D55B70F3CB7F6997DA92B6E91B73

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2011, 04:21:46 am »
Too Long; Did Read.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Doombot

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2011, 04:31:50 am »
You know the quickest way to get your loom back after you make a stupid mistake?

Ask. Nicely.

Don't be a bitch about it; Don't act like a martyr or whine. Just admit you made a mistake! Seriously, don't create a forum post to try and guilt/blame/demonize the person who couldn't pass up a great deal. That's the quickest way to insure that your item is GONE FOREVER.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2011, 04:33:04 am »
+9
Comparing losing troops/towns/goods in Strategus to losing a +3 loom in the marketplace due to an error is fucking retarded.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline ordunin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2011, 04:39:17 am »
While I personaly don't think that it's right for Turmoil to keep the item he's not in the wrong. You messed up and Turmoil is too immature to give you the item back. In the end it's still your fault.

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2011, 04:43:08 am »
+2
We need a direct trade option.

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2011, 06:45:26 am »
+1
I sympathize with those who have made Market exchanges with which they were dissatisfied. It isn't easy seeing something one finds valuable to go for an unintended price. I understand this. But what I don't understand is how accepting an exchange on terms that someone else has offered can be reasonably construed as "cheating" or "scamming." An error on the part of the one making the offer does not imply rule-breaking or fraud on the part of the one accepting the offer.

One thing to keep in mind in discussions such as this is that the Market is an extension of cRPG, like Strategus is. Player actions in both the Market and Strategus entail risk, which even in Strategus is often economic in nature (e.g., running a trade route and protecting those on mercantile missions). As such, players ought to familiarize themselves with the mechanics of the game in order to avoid regrettable errors.

Both Strategus and the Market are extensions of cRPG and players can make mistakes in each. In Strategus, players make mistakes that result in circumstances that they dislike. If you benefit from another player's error in Strategus, e.g., by taking a town with poor defenses, you are not thereby obligated to rectify the error. You don't have to apologize or give back the town. Players who want to avoid losing towns need to learn the rules of the game and double-check their actions before taking them. They should recognize that any action entails risk and that mistakes are possible. In Strategus, a player might carry the wrong equipment for an imminent battle, resulting in a huge loss of troops; or in running a trade route he might activate quick march at an inappropriate time, leaving his army exhuasted in dangerous territory and open to a major loss of Strategus gold in the form of Trade Goods. In the Market, a player might type an unintended value or propose an exchange without knowledge of a recent patch that has changed the relative values of items. But in neither case does his error obligate another player to hit the reset button. Those who play the Market, just as those who play Strategus, need to know the game if they want matters to proceed as they intend.

Part of knowing the game is knowing what precautions are necessary to avoid mistakes. In Strategus, players should know what it means to drop their trade goods and whether it is appropriate to do so, and they should know not to sell weapons to fiefs, which at the moment do not exchange them for money. In the Market, players should know to verify that they are requesting the intended item, that the heirloom level is correct, and that the gold amount is the right number. The Market, for a short time during Javascript processing, places at the top of the list the offer one has just proposed, which allows the player to check his proposed exchange. One can even search for his character's name in order to double-check his offer. But it is best to rely on one's own careful checking and double-checking prior to proposing an exchange. This is important because the Market at the moment is unable to detect one's errors for him. I recommend that players learn the mechanics of the game as a way to prevent errors that they might regret.

Some think that the Market does not have enough built-in checks. They are free to take up the matter with those running the Market. But if anyone is at fault for a lack of additional methods of verification, one can hardly lay blame at the feet of those who simply click Accept. In the Market, as in Strategus, it is up to each individual player to familiarize himself with the rules of the game, to understand the risks involved, and to act accordingly.

C08385234EAC4BAD83F21B9A946283E53936D55B70F3CB7F6997DA92B6E91B73

Comparing losing troops/towns/goods in Strategus to losing a +3 loom in the marketplace due to an error is fucking retarded.

Offline naduril

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Naduril
  • IRC nick: Naduril
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2011, 07:50:26 am »
Absolutely agreed.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2011, 08:01:49 am »
His action is inappropriate. In accordance with the law benefits he has gained are undeserved and irl he would be forced to give it back (probably). But this is not real life and I think it is hard to blame him for accepting the offer.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2011, 08:11:53 am »
+3
HIDE YO LOOMS