Author Topic: chadz, wth are you doing to strategus ?  (Read 5827 times)

Offline LLJK_Siggy

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Fighting for Democracy across all of Calradia
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_SIGGY_AMERICA
Re: chadz, wth are you doing to strategus ?
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2011, 02:33:11 am »
I think you guys are all a bunch of big whiney babies. We need to give it a couple of weeks and see how things play out. Currently we are getting almost daily tweaks to the system and I'm sure in the end everything will work out fine. It won't be exactly the same as it used to be but will be better and get more players involved.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2011, 09:14:36 am »
If we don't whine nothing will change  :mrgreen:
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2011, 11:20:22 am »
Do we even know what needs change though? I've been making a nice ammount of money just through trading, or at least have been exploring different trade routes to see where I can maximise profit. The more gold I start getting, the more gold I'll make, just takes a while to get the ball rolling.

Offline Gingerpussy

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 224
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Gingerpussy
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2011, 12:12:24 pm »
Do we even know what needs change though? I've been making a nice ammount of money just through trading, or at least have been exploring different trade routes to see where I can maximise profit. The more gold I start getting, the more gold I'll make, just takes a while to get the ball rolling.
it takes weeks for the ball to be rolling Oberyn, to many weeks. This is typical tho. focus on the start of strat but never the end game as so many other game developers.

And with trading comes a lot of exploits so that means we most likely see many more wipes
and thats discouraging to start play then.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2011, 12:21:56 pm »
I'd rather want to fight than play some browser game that says: "24 hour left till you can build a woodcutter hut" and then once a day check that, or that is how it feels like at the moment.

I don't care about trading and shit I just want to fight.

Go on a battle or siege server?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2011, 03:01:59 pm »
I'd rather want to fight than play some browser game that says: "24 hour left till you can build a woodcutter hut" and then once a day check that, or that is how it feels like at the moment.

I don't care about trading and shit I just want to fight.

I want battles to have meaning.  Not just "oh noes you took the village I guess I'm'a go to one of the other 87 nearby villages to do my stuff now" but more like "YOU BURNED DOWN MY BLACKSMITH I'LL KILL YOU".

The more invested we can be in the map, the more intense I think the war will be.

I mean really, people like you should just play on the regular servers until your clan leader says "time to fight", then you join the strategus fight.  There is no reason for you to engage in trading, ambushing, scouting, recruiting or anything else if you don't want to.  Pick a town and sit in it.  I'm sure there are plenty of people who will take you on as a pure combatant.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2011, 04:45:58 pm »
Go on a battle or siege server?

You sir are dumb.

I want battles to have meaning.  Not just "oh noes you took the village I guess I'm'a go to one of the other 87 nearby villages to do my stuff now" but more like "YOU BURNED DOWN MY BLACKSMITH I'LL KILL YOU".

The more invested we can be in the map, the more intense I think the war will be.

I mean really, people like you should just play on the regular servers until your clan leader says "time to fight", then you join the strategus fight.  There is no reason for you to engage in trading, ambushing, scouting, recruiting or anything else if you don't want to.  Pick a town and sit in it.  I'm sure there are plenty of people who will take you on as a pure combatant.

As I said, I'd rather want to have more fighting and less micromanagement stuff like Trading before, right now it's just 99% trading.

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2011, 04:58:32 pm »
battles have already started, let's see how this will evolve  :idea:

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2011, 05:46:59 am »
You sir are dumb.

You're the dumb one if you just want to fight and you're not going to the battle server :O
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Xarcenian

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ultim
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2011, 06:05:47 am »
I don't mind most of it but when I have 16 gold and im crafting at 43% efficiency with 3 gold profit, I come back with 14 gold? ... At least make the work/fail rate 100% , the 3 gold profit was including wait times, and I never got the good to sell...
-Ultim

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2011, 06:22:17 am »
I don't mind most of it but when I have 16 gold and im crafting at 43% efficiency with 3 gold profit, I come back with 14 gold? ... At least make the work/fail rate 100% , the 3 gold profit was including wait times, and I never got the good to sell...

Work in a village, you are losing gold due to missing hours and spending 1 gold to stay in the town without making an item.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2011, 08:05:17 am »
How do you only have 16 gold?  Do you never play battle or siege?  That'll get you hundreds of gold in strategus (unless you are on the losing team every round).

Don't craft at 43% efficiency -- move to a village, especially an uncrowded one.  Seems like villages are all 100% efficiency until there are more than 5 players in it.

Also make sure you're crafting at a low prosperity village and then moving your goods to sell at a high prosperity village.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2011, 08:10:38 am »
As I said, I'd rather want to have more fighting and less micromanagement stuff like Trading before, right now it's just 99% trading.
From your perspective, nothing should have changed.

Before:
You go to a town, click "work"
Hand your money to the clan so they can create and operate an army

Now:
You go to a town and click "craft"
Hand your goods to the clan so they can create and operate an army

What's so different about that?  From your perspective.

Of course, now clans need to move goods around but you only need a couple of designated "traders" doing this work.  You can also have scouts and ambushers to intercept other clans' goods.  But again, at the basic level, the average player can just go to a town, click a couple buttons and he's done.

If everyone in your clan is gathering his own goods and moving them to sell, then you are doing it wrong -- seriously.  You should be making goods and having one or two designated traders gathering them up and selling them, otherwise you are wasting a whole lot of manpower doing travel, when it could be used to make more goods.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 08:12:43 am by Slamz »
Norse Horde

Offline Erathsmus

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
  • My w finger hurts.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Imperium
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2011, 08:23:48 am »
From what I have seen, the pattern that the dev team seems to go by, is to make things significantly more time consuming.

Remember when hierlooms didn't take 100s of hours?

Remember when gold in C-rpg didn't flow out of your wallets from maintenance?

Now the same thing is happening with strategus. I do not think it is bad, but I think there is an overlying premise that the devs are trying to continue fixing...but the problem is cyclical.

Seemingly Dev ideas: "There are too many players that are the best, and no new players can join and have fun"...Solution? "Make everything much harder, so the player whom are the best are not rediculously good anymore."

I think this idea works in some cases, but we really should consider giving newer players incentives to play, without the solution being, "make veteran players/clans less scary."

There needs to be a line drawn so that everyone is at risk of losing and gaining immediate power. Instead of making power impossible to get, but absolute once obtained.

*Edit- Think of hierlooms, they are hard to get, but once you get them you have an advantage forever.
           Same with money, and soon it will be same with power in strategus.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 08:26:11 am by Erathsmus »
Slow and steady wins the race...Unless there is a fast person in it.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2011, 09:16:10 am »
+1
From what I have seen, the pattern that the dev team seems to go by, is to make things significantly more time consuming.

Remember when hierlooms didn't take 100s of hours?

Remember when gold in C-rpg didn't flow out of your wallets from maintenance?

Now the same thing is happening with strategus. I do not think it is bad, but I think there is an overlying premise that the devs are trying to continue fixing...but the problem is cyclical.

Seemingly Dev ideas: "There are too many players that are the best, and no new players can join and have fun"...Solution? "Make everything much harder, so the player whom are the best are not rediculously good anymore."

I think this idea works in some cases, but we really should consider giving newer players incentives to play, without the solution being, "make veteran players/clans less scary."

There needs to be a line drawn so that everyone is at risk of losing and gaining immediate power. Instead of making power impossible to get, but absolute once obtained.

*Edit- Think of hierlooms, they are hard to get, but once you get them you have an advantage forever.
           Same with money, and soon it will be same with power in strategus.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.