Author Topic: chadz, wth are you doing to strategus ?  (Read 5823 times)

Offline Gingerpussy

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 224
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Gingerpussy
chadz, wth are you doing to strategus ?
« on: October 14, 2011, 09:09:06 pm »
+1
Yet again strategus is changed, normaly i applaude the changes but this last ones... wel are totaly stupid and out of context of a war game.

Its time to call this game Tradus.c-rpg.net

Seriously, no gold from Crpg (at least non to speak of or make a difference even with 200 man clan.

No gold from fiefs at all, ALL done by trading.

I really hope i see a BIG change log soon or i believe your out of supporters for a trading game..

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
Re: chadz, wth are you doing to strategus ?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 09:22:20 pm »
+1
I like the idea of trade caravans and such, but they should be automated...

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_MEATMERCHANT_AMERICA
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 09:29:19 pm »
Manual trade caravans are fine, but there needs to be a easy automated way to make money. Obviously this should be less effective as people making/selling/shipping trade goods.

Right now I can sit in my shithole fief and make Eels.
Each Eel cost 10
Visiting cost per hour 5
Sale price of Eel ~20
Profit: 5 gold per hour

Why do I need to click produce and then have to remember to come back on to sell it before I run out of gold for the next batch? It is needless clicking that serves no purpose. There are no choices I need to review so there is no point to having me involved in it. They need to bring back the "Work" option to at least let you work for 5 gold and hour without having to micromanage selling Eels.

But not only did they DECREASE how much gold everyone gets by a huge amount, they also INCREASED how much equipment costs. Even with the hilarious trading dupe bug that people had they were doing thousands of trade goods and still only making enough money to equip 250 troops with scythes and leather aprons. With normal trading it would take over a month to raise that money legitimately.

Why CRPG insists on making such huge changes in duplicate I will never know. If they wanted to decrease the amount of money in the world AND/OR decrease the level of gear armies fight with only make ONE of the changes. Then you see how it all falls out and adjust from there.

Change variables in isolation, that is how you determine the outcome of your change.

Offline Flawless

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • Cavalieres Co-Founder and Commander
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Flawless and Cavalieres_Undead
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 09:32:10 pm »
+2
What? we have to make our money using a economic system and not through grinding? So you mean players who dont have time to grind all day can be successful?

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 09:47:38 pm »

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 09:59:56 pm »
I don't think you should have to be SUPER active and micro managing to make money. I saw nothing wrong from making money before. I'm all for making less of a browser based game, not more.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 10:41:51 pm »
+6
I'm actually all up for this game becoming deeper and deeper , introducing trade  , crafting , tournaments , fief upgrades etc. What you people fail to realise is that Strat is not based solely on cRPG and battles. It's like a single player campaing in Mount & Blade (which included all of the above) +the battles. I like the way it's going so far, if there will be an actual (better than now , ofc) economical system and fights for trade routes etc, battles would also have more meaning and reason behind them, not just "faction A attacked faction B because they don't like em".

And i could care less if it's browser or not as long as it's gonna be interesting.

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 10:44:08 pm »
+5
If you don't want to be involved in trading, logistics, faction management and other website things, and prefer to only fight in battles, I have an option to offer you.

Do that.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 11:06:43 pm »
I would prefer it not becoming too intensive to maintain. I liked how I only had to check strat once a day, click a few things, check your gold and be settled for the week. I don't want this too require too much clicking, constant logins and I don't want it to be hard to make the most out of it.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 11:58:58 pm »
+2
From my experience most players are actually happy only logging in once a day, if that. Most don't want any large roll but are there for the battles strat produces. The current system makes it a micromanagement nightmare in trying to get people who craft to hand over good's to traders ect. It means that people need to be quite active. I think there need's to be a decent alternative to trading to earn gold. It shouldn't have the profit potential that trading does. But there needs to be an alternative for sure.

You need to pander to both sides. Those who love to be active, organise things and do lots in strat, and those who are there to help the clan out, but don't actually want to do much. Currently there's no real option for the latter because troop farming is not smart without some wealth, but wealth takes a lot of effort to produce atm.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 12:00:30 am by Overdriven »

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2011, 12:35:42 am »
I played one of those browsergames for several weeks where you build troops, attack at some time and capture villages. It was fun at first but after some time it was really timeconsuming, forcing me to do things every few hours not to fall back. I hope strat isn't heading this way.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2011, 12:40:20 am »
+7
You need to pander to both sides.

Why? Thats what annoyed me the most in last strat, hordes of inactive players that produce gold just because of their mere existance. Why should I add a position in a game for someone who doesn't want to play the game in the first place?

Strategus was never supposed to be "strength by numbers", it was supposed to be "strength by strategy". Having a bunch of inactive serials sitting around to define the gold everyone gets is not a game worth playing, let alone coding.

Of course, this doesn't mean that everything is perfectly balanced. Lots of things will be finetuned.

And for those who don't know what to do or how to conquer fiefs or gain money, read the guide here (tba)

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2011, 12:41:45 am »
I'm actually all up for this game becoming deeper and deeper , introducing trade  , crafting , tournaments , fief upgrades etc. What you people fail to realise is that Strat is not based solely on cRPG and battles. It's like a single player campaing in Mount & Blade (which included all of the above) +the battles. I like the way it's going so far, if there will be an actual (better than now , ofc) economical system and fights for trade routes etc, battles would also have more meaning and reason behind them, not just "faction A attacked faction B because they don't like em".

And i could care less if it's browser or not as long as it's gonna be interesting.

I love you Ujin, you touched the base here.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2011, 12:45:32 am »
Edit: Forget it.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2011, 01:25:32 am »
Why? Thats what annoyed me the most in last strat, hordes of inactive players that produce gold just because of their mere existance. Why should I add a position in a game for someone who doesn't want to play the game in the first place?

Strategus was never supposed to be "strength by numbers", it was supposed to be "strength by strategy". Having a bunch of inactive serials sitting around to define the gold everyone gets is not a game worth playing, let alone coding.

Of course, this doesn't mean that everything is perfectly balanced. Lots of things will be finetuned.

And for those who don't know what to do or how to conquer fiefs or gain money, read the guide here (tba)

The best way to encourage active players and toss aside inactive players is to increase the amount of gold gained from playing crpg. I don't understand why it moved the other direction.