Author Topic: Clarification regarding spectator mode  (Read 2942 times)

Offline Daergar

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daergar_the_Tank
Clarification regarding spectator mode
« on: October 14, 2011, 04:51:12 pm »
Is it or isn't it allowed to behave according to the current rules under Announcement, ie going spectator if you need to be afk for a "short while" or however long a diaperchanged baby, call from work, taking a piss, having a smoke takes?

I understand the issue regarding the autobalance. I do not understand having to leave a server instead of being spectator for a few minutes.

I read that it was due to the serverload, as in being at max capacity playerwise. As far as that goes, I have never seen both siege servers full, and I pretty much play siege exclusively. Obviously I may be in error, but I still do not think it's a valid reason to leave a server completely.

Possible to code a simpleautokick feature for spectating over 7-10 minutes (a round) or something? Never noticed it being a problem before. If forced to choose, I'd rather have a spectator than a leecher messing up the team balance (just figure spectators being easier to spot than the clever leecher).

Anyway, simply curious and confused. And sad that everyone developing and administrating this awesome mod has to take the time in the first place to deal with time-consuming bullshit such as this. So, sorry for posting.

Edit: Couldn't figure out where to post this, move it if it's in the wrong section. Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 04:59:44 pm by Daergar »

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
Re: Clarification regarding spectator mode
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 05:21:40 pm »
What that rule means is that if you have to go afk in the middle of the round you join spec.
If you are dead or not ingame yet you can as well just stay in your team and not spawn it will make no difference.
This is so you don't stand around afk in some corner because you had to take a call or something.
Also this prevents people from using this as an excuse to afk leech.

If you on the other hand keep joining spec to then rejoin the team multiple times it's super obvious it's being abused to avoid the autoteam balance.

So yes it is allowed to go afk and if you are still alive to join spec if you need to go afk instantly but it is not allowed to use that rule to circumvent another rule like avoiding autoteam balance.

Basically it's common sense.

Also sometimes we will clear all specs from the server so don't complain if you get kicked while being in spec.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 05:23:07 pm by Meow »

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 05:35:11 pm »
And what about fixing the problem with doors at first round?
(It's a question not a request :))

Considering banner balance it doesn't work in first round, i guess clan ppl would like to be together at first round too.

Thx.

Offline Daergar

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 05:40:35 pm »
Basically it's common sense.

Thank you for clearing that up. Earlier today that was not applied, which is what prompted me posting what a bunch of us was curious about.

Offline Meow

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 05:50:50 pm »
Thank you for clearing that up. Earlier today that was not applied, which is what prompted me posting what a bunch of us was curious about.

I really hope it's not all you got out of my post cause else you won't make it for long  :mrgreen:

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 06:12:07 pm »
After your explanation Meow, I hope there won't be any admin saying "if you're going afk you can't go spec, you have to leave server". Becouse something like that happend (click) and my guess is that is why Daergar wanted some explanation about this rule.

Best Regards,
Dalhi.

Offline Meow

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 06:24:10 pm »
Trust me if people use spec to avoid autobalance there will be admins kicking and banning for it.
As i said go spec if it is in the middle of the round and you need to go afk (this means you suicide in the middle of the round because you need to leave but return in a few mins.
Don't use spec if you are already dead or intend to go afk for longer than a few minutes.

"But going spec is allowed!" will not be accepted as an excuse for trying to avoid the auto balance.
This is also what happened today just in case we are talking about the same situation ;)

Wanted to make sure this is clear enough  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 06:25:57 pm by Meow »

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 06:32:50 pm »
Admin always give right to other Admin even if someone abuse rules and kick many people for nothing. We saw this today.

Soon you will have more and more prohibitions here...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 07:07:34 pm »
If you have evidence, and it is on Official NA, then I would happily look into it.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Daergar

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 07:14:46 pm »
I really hope it's not all you got out of my post cause else you won't make it for long  :mrgreen:

Nah, I think your misunderstood me.

"if you're going afk you can't go spec, you have to leave server" -Dalhi

That is what I meant, and I tried to make that as clear as possible, since I presumed it could be misunderstood given the context. Which it appears it indeed was, my bad.

It just feels like it's going overboard. If I need to take a piss, grab a drink or have a smoke, I go spectator for a round since I do not want to leech, which breaks the rules and more importantly, hurts the team. That's what common sense tells me to do. If some admin then decides that my spot needs to be vacated for another teamhitting griefer, I'll try to take it in stride.

As for making it long (regardless of what sinister claims my ex-wife might have), I'm sure common sense will continue to carry me along without incidents, as it has since I began playing.  :)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 07:22:06 pm by Daergar »

Offline Kingtrisp

• Baron
  • Renown: 89
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
  • Conan What is best in life?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_KingConan
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 07:35:02 pm »
+1
Going afk should not be punished at all and if admins are going to start kicking or banning people because they suspect them of abusing a glitch in the system then that is going to get out of hand pretty quickly and it is going to cause a decline in people on the server's and of course cause more rage post's/unban post's.

I think special care is going to have to be used in this situation and admins should only punish people who are caught doing it alot (a few maps in a row and are definatly doing it without a doubt).

A perfect example would be that like alot of other player's when playing battle on crpg (siege is constant playing so this occur's very rarely)  when i am dead i alt-tab talk to people, browse the internet and watch tv/films on my second screen so when i am dead my concentration is not always on what is happening in the round so sometimes a round my end and i dont even realise and dont spawn in.

Does that mean i will now face losing my multiplier and being kicked or banned? 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Meow

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 08:47:56 pm »
+1
Ehm just to make sure... this is mainly about people who excessively exploit the spectator mode to get into the team they want on siege servers...

Some of those people even started saying "oh phone" or "quick afk" before they do it multiple times in about 10 seconds until they are in the right team.

This will not get random people banned who go afk as spec or stuff like this.

Once again it's something very obvious and it will be punished it is not something that hits innocent people who go spec to take a break or anything.

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 10:10:38 pm »
+2
Ehm just to make sure... this is mainly about people who excessively exploit the spectator mode to get into the team they want on siege servers...

Some of those people even started saying "oh phone" or "quick afk" before they do it multiple times in about 10 seconds until they are in the right team.

This will not get random people banned who go afk as spec or stuff like this.

Once again it's something very obvious and it will be punished it is not something that hits innocent people who go spec to take a break or anything.

obviously if we change it back to join the fray without choosing a team like it was a long time ago , it will serve 2 things : 

1- People will be forced and join the team BALANCE decide for you
2- Less of a hassle for admins  , going spec and rejoin can happen really fast and and the admin dont press tab all the time to see the changes

So no more BS switching...

Also id like to mention the hypocrisy and audacity of some clans saying they dont abuse the system ,  you guys are cockroaches and dont help crpg one bit

Offline Meow

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 11:28:47 pm »
+1
I agree with all of it :mrgreen: