Poll

Pick the best solution!

Light armour gets same loom benefits as every other armour. (+7 for triple loom)
56 (42.1%)
All other armour gets same loom benefits as Light armour. (+4 for triple loom)
49 (36.8%)
Change nothing
28 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Author Topic: [STATS] Light Armour Loom benefits  (Read 4561 times)

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
[STATS] Light Armour Loom benefits
« on: October 11, 2011, 08:27:46 am »
+6
Currently most armour of 5 or less weight gets +1 for 1st loom, +1 for 2nd loom and +2 for 3rd loom, for a total of +4 armour. compared to all other armour which gets +2, +2 and +3 (total 7).

Compare the 'best' light armour (triple loomed) with the 'worst' medium armour (no loom)

Reinforced Studded Leather Coat
weight: 5
body armor: 34
leg armor: 14
difficulty: 8

Lamellar Vest
weight: 9.5
body armor: 36
leg armor: 6
difficulty: 9

2 less armour despite triple loom... true it weighs less and has better leg armour... but so what? triple loom the lamellar and its 43 body and 13 leg. why is it so scary to let the light armour have the 3 extra armour? it just keeps it in line with everything else... no loom studded has 30 body and 10 leg... no loom lamellar 36 body 6 leg... triple loom both and shouldnt the difference be the same? (6 less body and 4 more leg for the studded) I dont get why a loomed lamellar should get an advantage over a loomed studded.

TL:DR = Give Light armour the same loom benefits as every other armour in the game... or make every other armour get the same loom benefits as light  :evil:

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
Re: [STATS] Light Armour Loom benefits
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 01:40:16 pm »
From the aspect of realism, IRL heavy armor just has more beef(mass and material) to mess around and make it more reinforced.

That's light armor loomzz but anyhow

I voted for the second option. Armor looms already give more bonus than weapon looms anyhow. Drop everything down to where light looms are.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 01:54:37 pm »
There is already a thread about that ;)

And why should light armour get the same? It is --> light <-- armour. It will get overpowered if you give it +7 armour but keep the weight etc. All archers will need 2-4 hits/shots then which would be ridiculous.

Leave it as it is

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 01:57:44 pm »
The way armor works, +2 is more significant on a 40 armor than on a 20 armor. Light armors can have the same benefit as heavy armors without a balance problem.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 02:03:37 pm »
I recognise a big difference between my 2 favourite armours, one with 19 and one with 27 body armour.

Usually I survive 1-2 hits with the 19 and 2-4 hits with the 27.

If you give that one +7 armour I will be able to survive alot more. Which would unbalance the game again.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 03:21:42 pm »
This is a good way to both help increase the variety of loomed items and as a means to very slightly buff Agi builds.

If you're going to make armor subject to realism then plate needs to start completely blocking 99% of incoming damage, All cloth/leather armor should essentially do nothing in comparison to mail/scale/plate, armor weight should reduce your maximum movement speed, etc...
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 10:53:26 pm »
more votes!

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 11:33:32 pm »
This is a good way to both help increase the variety of loomed items and as a means to very slightly buff Agi builds.

If you're going to make armor subject to realism then plate needs to start completely blocking 99% of incoming damage, All cloth/leather armor should essentially do nothing in comparison to mail/scale/plate, armor weight should reduce your maximum movement speed, etc...

I doubt any melee char has less than 12 str... Which give you acess to +7 loomed armour so no, I don't see the benefit of this.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 04:21:11 am »
I still think armor heirlooms are OP as fuck, specially on heavy armor.

Heavy armor already has a shitload of defense, WHICH IS WHY THEY'RE CALLED HEAVY ARMOR, who the fuck thought it was an idea to give them even MORE armor?

Gothic plate, lol 56 body armor, WAIT, that's not enough, clearly I shall triple loom it for 63 body armor! Hmm, I still feel that isn't enough, maybe with hourglass? 72 body armor, Ah! Looking better! What if I also triple heirloom those? 79 body armor you say? Ohohoho.

It's also stupid how you can turn light armor into heavy with looms and/or gloves, take a nomad robe with 27 body armor, add triple heirloomed hourglass and you get 43 body armor, gee whizz, that's fun, light armor turned into medium-heavy.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 06:17:57 am »
I doubt any melee char has less than 12 str... Which give you acess to +7 loomed armour so no, I don't see the benefit of this.
Uhhh... What?

Have you never played an Agi based character before? The purpose of light armor is to both reduce the wpf penalty as well as the movement penalty. I... Your statement in no way acknowledges any differences between Str/Agi characters. They're not played the same way, just because you have the strength to use an item doesn't mean that it's the best choice. Several str characters get over 18 str yet you don't see them all using a flamberge or a great maul. Several archers and crossbowmen get more strength than their lower tier ranged weapons require, yet each weapon they choose still has its place in the meta-game.

Please, if you're going to post in the Game Balance DISCUSSION thread, can you at least bring logic to the table?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 06:19:33 am by Tydeus »

Offline dontgothere

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DONT_GO_THERE, ARTIEstrongestmanINTHEWORLD, WHERES_MY_CHIPPY, PINGAS, derpyhooves, George_Costanza
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 08:41:41 am »
Somebody else probably already said this, but what if Light Armor got the same bonus it does now, plus a slight weight reduction - like maybe .25-.50 for each loom?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 09:20:23 am by dontgothere »

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 01:46:35 pm »
All armour heirlooms should be reduced , especially now that weapon looms have been toned down. So i've picked the 2nd answer. Triple loomed medium/heavy armors atm are outright ridiculous.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 05:09:26 pm »
Somebody else probably already said this, but what if Light Armor got the same bonus it does now, plus a slight weight reduction - like maybe .25-.50 for each loom?
No one in their right mind will support this, nor should they. Armor weight currently goes from 5 to 9.5 the armors we're talking about, are all 5 weight or less. To keep from getting a wpf penalty you only need to stay below 7 weight, picking up 2 weight from cloth helmets, gloves and boots is actually... impossible I believe. Which means any further weight reduction is pointless. You would need armors that weight 7-8 for this, but at that point, they'd gain 7 armor rather than 4, so it wouldn't even be an issue to begin with.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 05:51:41 pm »
Uhhh... What?

Have you never played an Agi based character before? The purpose of light armor is to both reduce the wpf penalty as well as the movement penalty. I... Your statement in no way acknowledges any differences between Str/Agi characters. They're not played the same way, just because you have the strength to use an item doesn't mean that it's the best choice. Several str characters get over 18 str yet you don't see them all using a flamberge or a great maul. Several archers and crossbowmen get more strength than their lower tier ranged weapons require, yet each weapon they choose still has its place in the meta-game.

Please, if you're going to post in the Game Balance DISCUSSION thread, can you at least bring logic to the table?

Whats the point of playing an agi char to the point where you can just run around smacking air?

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2011, 12:42:54 am »
+1
moar votes! we must bring change through our democraticness