Poll

Is archery fine as it is ?

Yeah, everything is fine.
39 (23.1%)
No, something needs to be changed. There is too many archers using bodkins.
40 (23.7%)
No, something needs to be changed. All archers are OP.
13 (7.7%)
No, something needs to be changed. Archers hit like a truck. QQ
28 (16.6%)
Yeah, everything is fine but longbow needs some love.
32 (18.9%)
Ihatearchers.rage.qq.com
17 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 169

Author Topic: Plz Stop this pewpew madness without overnerfing it.  (Read 15963 times)

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
Re: Plz Stop this pewpew madness without overnerfing it.
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2011, 09:58:26 am »
My horses are not MW.

If we're balancing around MW's then this mod is truly stupid as that completely makes the game a pile of shit for anyone that isn't some massive 24/7 no life grinder who's amassed a shit ton of looms through scamming, exploiting pre-patch broken shit, or whatnot.

i think all good players have much masterwork stuff right now, and they are power. No point to speak here about new players or noobs or alts.
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2011, 10:20:57 am »
im not talking about damage, im talking about how archers shoot and run easily from battle, i could understand if they carry lower tier bows, but those better should make them slower.. if not for realism then for balance

Offline Chaos

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Takeda
  • Game nicks: Chaos_Takeda, Spec_Ops_Chaos_Takeda
« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2011, 10:31:29 am »
+3
1) increase quiver weight

2) fix maps by nerfing archer perches

3) reduce arrow count

imo

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2011, 10:37:36 am »
lol you never think why here is so many ranged? because all infantry is skilled now, super blocking and so, they all have good loomed armor and weapons, and new players or who cant play so good, go ranged, for killing this mashines and survuve longer.
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: United democratic national whatever
  • Game nicks: elmokki_Krokotiili
  • IRC nick: Elmokki
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2011, 01:30:49 pm »
About the stop to draw and shoot thing, you could make it partially happen like that. Allow putting the arrow to the string while moving, but slow down / stop the archer when he draws the string.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2011, 01:38:26 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)
THIS is what infuriated me the most as cav! Thank you for explaining it that well! +1 for you.

Idk what game you play but even with 8 PD, mw horn bow and mw bodkins I was doing like 30% damage to tincans per shot from average range.
I don't know if you think that is too much or too little, but...

How is 30% per arrow NOT overpowered? That's 4 arrows to kill a guy in the highest armour. That is WAY too much. Ranged fire should NEVER do that much damage, apart from headshots. The really annoying thing is that it's still very accurate even with 8PD. Something is VERY wrong here...
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 728
  • Infamy: 1609
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2011, 01:58:47 pm »
lol you never think why here is so many ranged? because all infantry is skilled now, super blocking and so, they all have good loomed armor and weapons, and new players or who cant play so good, go ranged, for killing this mashines and survuve longer.

So ranged in this mod is basically a shortcut, an easy mode for those who aren't willing to learn.

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2011, 03:09:13 pm »
So ranged in this mod is basically a shortcut, an easy mode for those who aren't willing to learn.

for me it is, i can climb somewhere and make kills, and in melee i can have lil freeze= death, or some chase find me=death, or cav bump me=death, also i need long days of blocking and dueling practic, and many ranged i only goes mad and so.... so ofc i will go ranged make pew pew and have fun 8-)

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2011, 05:25:56 pm »
+2

So in other words they are skill-less bundle of stickss taking ez-mode shortcuts.  Sorry, they don't deserve shit then.  Nerf ranged more.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2011, 05:57:32 pm »
Gorath present then loomed armor stuff to all new players, then maybe they will try to learn and maybe it will be less raned, be sweet pie!

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2011, 09:02:13 pm »
for me it is, i can climb somewhere and make kills, and in melee i can have lil freeze= death, or some chase find me=death, or cav bump me=death, also i need long days of blocking and dueling practic, and many ranged i only goes mad and so.... so ofc i will go ranged make pew pew and have fun 8-)

you just need to get fun and play the game, you will learn block very soon, and when u kill chase in duel, you ll have more satisfaction than all yours range kills...

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2011, 11:18:19 pm »
Gorath present then loomed armor stuff to all new players, then maybe they will try to learn and maybe it will be less raned, be sweet pie!
Armor looms do need a nerf. That being said, you absolutely do not need armor looms to do well in battle. That's a cop-out.

(As an aside, I have seen a few 2h running around who cannot block well, and who rely on their loomed armor / high IF to get kills. I would really like to see that playstyle shut down - if you use a 2h weapon, you should have to be able to block consistently to get kills. That's supposed to be the tradeoff for 2h - increased damage and range, at the cost of needing to manually block)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 11:25:03 pm by Vodner »

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #102 on: November 22, 2011, 03:44:30 am »
THIS is what infuriated me the most as cav! Thank you for explaining it that well! +1 for you.
I don't know if you think that is too much or too little, but...

How is 30% per arrow NOT overpowered? That's 4 arrows to kill a guy in the highest armour. That is WAY too much. Ranged fire should NEVER do that much damage, apart from headshots. The really annoying thing is that it's still very accurate even with 8PD. Something is VERY wrong here...

Funny, you people are lumping the two different types of archer together with the strengths of both types and then act like ALL archers can both run like the wind, shoot with 10 PD, and swing a two hander around like it was a switch. Every archer build has its strengths and its weaknesses. Complaining that someone with 8 PD shouldn't be accurate with a light horn bow is like saying someone with 8 PD and wielding a katana shouldn't be fast.

I'm the archer that runs around your horse that you can't catch. Why? I only use PD 4 or PD 5 with a Tatar or Horn bow and usually have 7 or 8 athletics and 8 Weapon Mastery, sacrificing points for WPF so that yes, I can pull out my melee weapon and spear your pony to the ground. I DESIGNED this build to go against these OverPowered Cavalry players who used to be able to just bump charge archers into submission. No QQ'ing over it. I gave up the ability to deal with tincans in order to take out your horses. I'm fast, accurate, and I have enough wpf in polearms to make your life miserable. I am pleased to hear that it is working  :P

BTW, it was Cavalry who brought this on themselves! Oh? Don't recall? YOU COMPLAINED ABOUT JUMP SHOTS! Bet you wish they were back. So what did you get? Archers lost jumpshots, but regained acceleration in athletics, while you cavalry lost your ability to spin on a dime and knock every melee in a circle down while spinning your lance in a 360. Rollback the patch?

"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #103 on: November 22, 2011, 04:18:05 am »
Archer stats are fine, it's there strategic value that makes them stand out from the crowd (and thus be hated by some of the community).
Pock gobblers

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #104 on: November 22, 2011, 07:18:49 am »
+3
BTW, it was Cavalry who brought this on themselves!

Actually it all stems from ranged.  I am dedicated infantry that finally was FORCED into going cav just to have a chance to catch up to those bundle of sticks kiting archers.  Also FORCED into playing with a bundle of sticks shield, which hardly seems to afford any protection at all since the nerf, in order to survive getting to the archer with a few hp to fight him if I DO catch his kiting ass.

Funny, on the melee only server before they said no horses cav and infantry seemed to work fine without ranged.  Infantry guys packed a few pikers, cav guys could charge in with reasonable horse health and without 3+ projectiles sticking out of the horse.  Fun times.

All problems in warband have really boiled down to ranged.  Native turned to shit.  Why?  Everyone and their fucking brother just played archer.  cRPG's biggest bitch?  Everyone and their fucking brother plays archer.  Difference being here they have stupid ladders and perfect immunity from anyone besides OTHER RANGED, until the admin yells at them to get off the fucking roofs.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?