Poll

Is archery fine as it is ?

Yeah, everything is fine.
39 (23.1%)
No, something needs to be changed. There is too many archers using bodkins.
40 (23.7%)
No, something needs to be changed. All archers are OP.
13 (7.7%)
No, something needs to be changed. Archers hit like a truck. QQ
28 (16.6%)
Yeah, everything is fine but longbow needs some love.
32 (18.9%)
Ihatearchers.rage.qq.com
17 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 169

Author Topic: Plz Stop this pewpew madness without overnerfing it.  (Read 15977 times)

Offline MaHuD

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: MaHuD, Darth_InVader, Hired_Blade, Hinzerhaus
  • IRC nick: MaHuD
Re: Plz Stop this pewpew madness without overnerfing it.
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2011, 11:49:00 pm »
+2
You guys do realize that in Native, archers have DOUBLE ammo, DOUBLE range, INCREASED firespeed and can wear ARMOR without any penalty?
If Archery is OP here, it would be Godlike in Native...

Offline Okkam

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2011, 12:29:16 am »
+1
ATM cRPG is sandbox for silly tincans. There you have longer twohanders\poleaxes with more damage than in Native, insane armors (you cant have more than 64 body armor in native mp, also in cRPG armor have less weight), bonuses from loomed items, xbows with ridiculous damage and accuracy, horses from LOTR. You can have unbreakable shield here. You can do any character you want. But every two days someone must make another sea of tears\fountain of shit about something OP. Pity.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2011, 06:42:01 pm »
Bump because bodkins makes every frickin bow a plate killer. Longbow is shit, hornbow/tatar bow with bodkin takes me down in 4 hits, in 62 body armor, whut?

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2011, 12:48:58 am »
WHY ALL MELEE WENT TO PLAY SKYRIM, AND ARCHERS STAYED HERE?

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2011, 01:26:15 am »
+1
WHY ALL MELEE WENT TO PLAY SKYRIM, AND ARCHERS STAYED HERE?

Because all the ranged made this mod gay.  Just like it did to native.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: United democratic national whatever
  • Game nicks: elmokki_Krokotiili
  • IRC nick: Elmokki
« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2011, 01:45:13 am »
+1
Archers need to get slower rate of fire and longbow - the slow bow - should be the premier piercing tin can opener bow further decreasing the average pewpew speed on the field. The kiting is retarded too and something should be done - a RoF nerf would help.

Something is seriously wrong when a) archers have suddenly became A LOT more common and b) the counter to a single archer, shielder, can't catch the archer at all.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 01:47:22 am by Elmokki »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2011, 01:49:05 am »
+1
shielder, can't catch the archer at all.
This is why I succumed to even more bundle of sticksry than just going shielder.  By going cav with a shield.  Problem is that 1 arrow takes off 80-90% of my horses HP from a body shot, and I ride a destrier or large warhorse pretty much all the time.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2011, 01:52:23 am »
Because all the ranged made this mod gay.  Just like it did to native.
Agreed. Pray for a archer-nerf patch for when chadz gets tired of Skyrim.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: United democratic national whatever
  • Game nicks: elmokki_Krokotiili
  • IRC nick: Elmokki
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2011, 01:53:06 am »
+1
This is why I succumed to even more bundle of sticksry than just going shielder.  By going cav with a shield.  Problem is that 1 arrow takes off 80-90% of my horses HP from a body shot, and I ride a destrier or large warhorse pretty much all the time.

Yeah, I'd like to rephrase.

Some heavily agility orientated shield build running nearly naked might be able to catch an archer too, but it's a built that will sacrifice a lot to achieve this.

Horsemen aren't a good counter since a) rooftops b) horses die

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2011, 03:04:57 am »

this dmg can make only headshoot to horse, i with mw arbalest+mw steel bolts cant kill mw destrier with 2shoots, sometimes it die ofc, but many times it need 3, i remember couple times leeds courseer need 3 my shoots, and i think 3-5 shoots from archer to tincan is pretty normal to kill him, it is not so easy to shoot some1 3-5 times because he has shield or he dodge arrows.
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Kay of Sauvage

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2011, 04:52:32 am »
+3
Let's talk about the ability of ranged units to go wherever they want without care of needing allies to support them and offer protection. Archers move into unsupported positions on the flanks where they can shoot into the flanks of the enemy, and it's a big part of the imbalance problem.

Against cavalry, xbows aren't the problem.
(click to show/hide)

Throwers aren't the problem.
(click to show/hide)

Archers, on the other hand, can be all alone just fine, even against cav.
(click to show/hide)

So how about this? Make archers unable to draw and shoot while moving. They must be standing still to draw and shoot. Now if they are all alone somewhere without support, at least a cav can force them into a melee battle and not just get shot up at point blank range. This would help a little to discourage archers from being untouchable loners that surround enemy infantry from all different angles.

This also means it'd be harder for them to shoot while kiting infantry and doing any kind of point-blank shooting versus opponents. Plus they won't be dodging arrows while drawing the bow and will make themselves vulnerable to other archers while trying to shoot. So the biggest threat to archers may be other archers. And it'd finally give xbows something that archers wouldn't have, the ability to move and shoot.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2011, 05:06:32 am »
Let's talk about the ability of ranged units to go wherever they want without care of needing allies to support them and offer protection. Archers move into unsupported positions on the flanks where they can shoot into the flanks of the enemy, and it's a big part of the imbalance problem.

Against cavalry, xbows aren't the problem.
(click to show/hide)

Throwers aren't the problem.
(click to show/hide)

Archers, on the other hand, can be all alone just fine, even against cav.
(click to show/hide)

So how about this? Make archers unable to draw and shoot while moving. They must be standing still to draw and shoot. Now if they are all alone somewhere without support, at least a cav can force them into a melee battle and not just get shot up at point blank range. This would help a little to discourage archers from being untouchable loners that surround enemy infantry from all different angles.

This also means it'd be harder for them to shoot while kiting infantry and doing any kind of point-blank shooting versus opponents. Plus they won't be dodging arrows while drawing the bow and will make themselves vulnerable to other archers while trying to shoot. So the biggest threat to archers may be other archers. And it'd finally give xbows something that archers wouldn't have, the ability to move and shoot.

I.....
can't find anything to really flame here.  So I will just agree and +1 your post.
I hope you're just fuckin' happy about this sad turn of events  :mad:

this dmg can make only headshoot to horse, i with mw arbalest+mw steel bolts cant kill mw destrier with 2shoots, sometimes it die ofc, but many times it need 3, i remember couple times leeds courseer need 3 my shoots, and i think 3-5 shoots from archer to tincan is pretty normal to kill him, it is not so easy to shoot some1 3-5 times because he has shield or he dodge arrows.

No.  My xbower only needs 2 non-head-shots from my regular x-bow to down any horse but armored ones.  My archer regularly only needs 2-3.  Armored horses are a bit different, but they are slow enough that as long as I side step properly I can literally circle shoot them as they turn trying desperately to hit me.  Only 3x heirloomed cataphracts seem to have the 0-degree turning radius necessary to keep me worried.

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2011, 05:23:48 am »

No.  My xbower only needs 2 non-head-shots from my regular x-bow to down any horse but armored ones.  My archer regularly only needs 2-3.  Armored horses are a bit different, but they are slow enough that as long as I side step properly I can literally circle shoot them as they turn trying desperately to hit me.  Only 3x heirloomed cataphracts seem to have the 0-degree turning radius necessary to keep me worried.

usually i need maximum 2 also, but from arbalest, but dont lie to me, you cant kill mw destrier with 2 shoots from regular xbow, i think you cant kill even mw courser.

btw i read topic and what all want? that archers can kill inf woth 10 shoots minimum? archers loom their stuff, without loomed stuff archer is nothing, they they shoud aim very good, and only then they can rape hard in solo.
I think in game is to much armor loomed hard infantry, so new players go ranged just for have possobility make some dmg and dont die immidietly.

But thing that i really cant understand is why in the rain archers have 10% dmg penalty and xbow 25%? i think shooting from xbow in the rain is a bit easier then from bow in real life...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 05:30:36 am by Sir_Agor »
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2011, 06:20:51 am »
+2
mw destrier

My horses are not MW.

If we're balancing around MW's then this mod is truly stupid as that completely makes the game a pile of shit for anyone that isn't some massive 24/7 no life grinder who's amassed a shit ton of looms through scamming, exploiting pre-patch broken shit, or whatnot.

Offline Aseldo

• Baron
  • Renown: 147
  • Infamy: 80
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • you reading this?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Egad_Captain_TKoV
  • IRC nick: Egad
« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2011, 08:36:19 am »
Idk what game you play but even with 8 PD, mw horn bow and mw bodkins I was doing like 30% damage to tincans per shot from average range.