Author Topic: [EU] Merc Phazh  (Read 11486 times)

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
Re: [EU] Merc Phazh
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2011, 06:40:26 pm »
Nocti, get out of here, this is my thread. :rolleyes:

Anyway, in my defence, i'd like to point a few things out about last night.

First of all, perhaps some context will help clarify the situation:
It was a saturday night. There were a lot of mercs on and at first we were practicing teamplay. I tried to go on foot a lot to be able to stick together better. We were having a lot of fun.
Then the map switched to Field by the River, a great map. The first round was a random clash with people going off in all directions and cavalry being dominant. The next round, autobalance hit and all mercs were put on one team and GK (who were out in big numbers also) got assigned to the opposing team. There were 40 or 50 players on each team, so the server was pretty full. Our team had only a few cavalry (maybe 6) and the opposing team with the full GK cavalry squad on it! There were like two dozen cavalry riding around in formation. A daunting sight to be sure, especially on a cavalry-friendly map like Field by the River.
The first round we all rushed for the ruins and that resulted in a win, because the ruins gave some cover from the enemy cavalry overload. But the next round the enemy adapted and when we rushed for the ruins they rushed our rear and decimated my team before we even got to the relative safety of the ruins. So we changed plan and went for the bridge. That kinda worked, because their cavalry wasn't able to charge us and tear us apart, but they adjusted again and rode around us and shot us for a few minutes.
So it was infantry versus cav on that map. It was epic and a lot of fun. We were struggling to win and i was looking for any advantage i could get to deal with this horde of horse riding savages. ;)

Then the next map came. It was a village map (can't recall the name atm). The first round was a mixed and chaotic round, but we mercs were still in 'build mode' and looking for a way to create more cover against all the ranged and cavalry we were facing. I was with Burrik and Tyr (both two handers with no shield) and i was trying to find a way of giving them a good chance.
As the second round started, i saw that the same thing happened as on Field by the River: all the GK's got switched to the opposing team. So it was infantry against cav again and even though there were some buildings, the map didnt offer a lot of protection against their horse archers. And so it was a hard fight. We huddled against the buildings, build a few weapon racks and deployed a bunch of siege shields for extra cover.
The effect was predictable: the enemy cav and ranged just circled us, stayed out of range and fired arrows at us for several minutes. It ended in a very close win for our team, if i recall correctly. The next round, we deployed a few extra weapon racks and started to build more to the left. There was a fence to protect us from their cavalry charging in, but there was not enough cover against their ranged. So we got shot to pieces and lost the round.

Next up, the much discussed round. I got the crazy idea in my head to try and build inside the enclosed courtyard on that village, because it was the only spot that offered good cover from their ranged. Burrik, Tyr, Zerobot and me climbed on of the two ladders to the roof and jumped into the couryard, deployed a few weapon racks and started to build a siege tower.
It wasn't the best of plans, but come on, it was late saturday night and we we're all having a lot of fun. So a silly idea was embraced with enthusiasm and we just went for it.

At no point were we unreachable. There were several ladders to the roof and there were four weapon racks outside the courtyard that could be used to deploy any number of ladders.

I was hoping the enemy team would get on that roof and jump down, so that we could fight them in an enclosed space. That didn't happen. Instead, the enemy team started shooting into the courtyard from the side (they could look over the wall and shoot us). So i shouted on teamspeak: "build, minions, build!" and we were having a lot of fun trying to finish that siege tower as quickly as possible, so we could enter the tower and jump down on the roofs and attack the enemies.

When the tower was finished, we climbed up into it and tried to jump down onto a wall and out of the courtyard. Instead, we fell off the wall and ended in another enclosed courtyard. Then Burrik, Tyr and me suicided, because we didn't want to cause a draw and deprive the enemy team of their multiplier. Sadly, Zerobot was too engrossed in shooting enemies from that tower that he didn't see the clock. So ONE draw happened, by accident.

TLDR: at no point were we unreachable. There were at least two ladders to the roof we used to gain access to the courtyard and there were four weapon racks outside the courtyard that people could have used to deploy extra ladders to reach us if necessary.

Now, some people have come in here and accused me of being a bad admin for doing that. I've been accused of lying. I've been called arrogant, narcissistic, rude and probably a few worse things.

To those angry accusers: get over yourself. We are allowed to have a bit of fun now and then.  All this rage against 'us mercs' and against me personally is silly and quite childish.
I've been as patient as i can with this and frankly, my tolerance for accusations has been reached. This is a game. People are allowed to have fun.

I have great respect for the players that came in here and i try to take everyone seriously. I'd like to keep it that way. Don't ruin it.

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2011, 06:55:18 pm »
Now, you are lying about the "unreachable" status of your building. It was completly unacesible phaz, and you know that. Basically coz if it was accesible, no one would get pissed. There was no ladders and no boxes as you say. Indeed i circled the thing a couple of times trying to reach you guys, as the other 30 persons in my team did. IF it was accesible then we wouldnt draw after 3 mins circling around. Anyway, im done with this crap. Its clear what is going on, and while you somehow seem to apologize, you always leave a backdoor to say "oh it wasnt my bad bla bla bla". Good. Its just fine. Didnt expect more really. After all you already said also that it was 20 secs delay and it wasnt a draw.. now you come and say this?. Just like that?.. I guess you would be a good "comercial"..... Have  a nice day. This is likely my last post. Main problem i think is that you didnt know i was "Sangre". So its clear you have nice double standars. Maybe if you knew i was triki you wouldnt say that "if you cant wait 3 mins then this is not your game" phrase, which is sooooo great as sentence i will add as my signature.
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2011, 07:12:44 pm »
Well, I just have to say one last thing, which is about the sentence you used as an excuse, Phazh - "if you can't wait 3 minutes, then this is not your game". According to that logic, then cRPG is not the game for some of the EU admins, who kick or ban for the same reason we are all mad at you.

Maybe we shouldn't be mad at Phazh, who seems to have quite a good reputation as an admin, but at those admins who use their powers so lightly.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
Re: Phazh
« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2011, 07:14:00 pm »
Now, you are lying about the "unreachable" status of your building. It was completly unacesible phaz, and you know that. Basically coz if it was accesible, no one would get pissed.

When we jumped into that courtyard it was very reachable. Two ladders and four weapon racks.

Now, call me a liar one more time and i will report you for abuse.

There was no ladders and no boxes as you say.

Yes there were. Dammit. Are you thick? I placed those weapon racks myself and they were present when we went up there.

[...blah...] After all you already said also that it was 20 secs delay and it wasnt a draw.. now you come and say this?. Just like that?.. I guess you would be a good "comercial"..... Have  a nice day. This is likely my last post. Main problem i think is that you didnt know i was "Sangre". So its clear you have nice double standars. Maybe if you knew i was triki you wouldnt say that "if you cant wait 3 mins then this is not your game" phrase, which is sooooo great as sentence i will add as my signature.

Son, i am fed up with your accusations. You are being abusive now. Stop it. I don't give a hoot who you think you are, but you are done accusing me. You can whine all you want but that doesn't make you right. You should learn to control your anger better. All this bullshit rage at nothing is petty and frankly, it's pissing me off. Now get lost, i've heard enough of your angry bullshit.

Why, if what i did was so incredibly heinous and against the rules, did these people come in here and say this:

It was not that big of an deal. he delayed 1 round, when they were building a siegetower. get over with it. give phazh a warning if it makes this boy feel better.

I thought it was a legitimate anti-cav tactic.

I don't know what's the big deal. They were trying out something, the round didn't finish draw, and there was good 30 more seconds to go before the end.

This wasn't one tenth as annoying as roofcampers that destroyed ladders and are waiting until they are absolutely last in the team.

You, sir, are being an asshat and i've had enough. Now get lost.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2011, 07:57:08 pm »
Wow!

Well, you can keep saying whatever you want to Trikipuma or me, but the people know the truth. You can't make something disappear, treating us like idiots. Your attitude reminds me of today's politicians - selfish and deceitful.

Offline pOLLACABALLO

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: mERCENARIES
  • Game nicks: pOLLACABALLO
Re: Phazh
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2011, 08:05:08 pm »
When we jumped into that courtyard it was very reachable. Two ladders and four weapon racks.

Now, call me a liar one more time and i will report you for abuse.

Yes there were. Dammit. Are you thick? I placed those weapon racks myself and they were present when we went up there.

Son, i am fed up with your accusations. You are being abusive now. Stop it. I don't give a hoot who you think you are, but you are done accusing me. You can whine all you want but that doesn't make you right. You should learn to control your anger better. All this bullshit rage at nothing is petty and frankly, it's pissing me off. Now get lost, i've heard enough of your angry bullshit.

Why, if what i did was so incredibly heinous and against the rules, did these people come in here and say this:

You, sir, are being an asshat and i've had enough. Now get lost.

Its all about respect, you cant be admin and talk to the chat like that. Its so obvious. And now its like you trying to explain what happent?, we all saw what happent, more than two hundred eyes saw it. Dont try to wash it up. Cuz it is what it looks like. So unfair. Life is unfair. Cu all in eu1.

Man the catapult.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2011, 08:09:42 pm »
Phazh in future if something like that happens, just simply apologies for the draw and leave it at that. It didn't need to drag on for nearly all of the next map with your "if you can't wait 3 minutes, then this is not your game", or loling at people "getting angry". A lot of the flak would have been avoided with a better attitude and a simple apology. Quoting people on here who say it wasn't even a draw or there were 20 secs or whatever makes it look like you want to make it look different to what happened. I also don't remember the ladders. They may have been there initially but were not for the last few mins, definately no way in I could see.

The "my fun is worth more than your time" attitude and general comments after it happened made the whole thing bigger than it needed to be
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2011, 08:10:26 pm »
Meow will check the logs and hope he'll leave a feedback here.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2011, 08:24:54 pm »
I used to be a badmin like you, but then i... Argh, nevermind!

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2011, 08:43:28 pm »
I used to be a badmin like you, but then i... Argh, nevermind!

If you finished that sentence I'd have to reconsider our friendship :|

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2011, 09:46:15 pm »
If Faarn and Trikipum were trolling the whole time (I still can't comprehend that someone would be serious about this), the both deserve to share "troll of the year" award.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline pOLLACABALLO

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: mERCENARIES
  • Game nicks: pOLLACABALLO
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2011, 09:23:48 am »
If Faarn and Trikipum were trolling the whole time (I still can't comprehend that someone would be serious about this), the both deserve to share "troll of the year" award.

Trust me, you the only one troulin' here dude. And fyi, I am still waiting for an apologise from one of your friends/teammates/clanmate (merc_berr1ck) who tried to BAN me after you guys did all the jungle parade.  :shock:

we are deeply sorry

who are you?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 01:42:51 pm by yneoz »

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2011, 09:35:59 am »
I must admit, this is one of the greatest butthurts that i have seen on these forums.

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2011, 01:14:07 pm »
Trust me, you the only one troulin' here dude. And fyi, I am still waiting for an apologise from one of your friends/teammates/clanmate (merc_berr1ck) who tried to BAN me after you guys did all the jungle parade.  :shock:

we are deeply sorry

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2011, 07:21:36 pm »
For the lulz and because i forgot to do it for 4 days, i now present the chatlogs of that incident.

I removed everything but the chat itself and some single teamkill messages might still be in, also i started it when the rage began and stopped when it calmed down.
No chat was added/removed/changed in any way though.
Timing wise without the actual round end in the logs it's hard to tell when what happened during the round but overall this is more for the hilarity factor anyway. visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And no he will not be removed for it, i also think he got the point that people did not like it.

(click to show/hide)

Edit: fixed typo in my own part.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 07:27:10 pm by Meow »