Author Topic: What happened to the apology?  (Read 10485 times)

Offline Wiltzu

• Sceptical
  • Duke
  • Renown: 665
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarin_Wiltzu
  • IRC nick: Wiltzu
Re: What happened to the apology?
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2011, 08:36:05 pm »
I do apologize for it, practically every time, and in 99% of the cases I am truly sorry, and I am pissed off at myself.

But what happened the other night: I was fighting an enemy, when all of a sudden someone savagely hits me in the back, taking half of my hp. Assuming it was another enemy I didn't notice before, I immediately rotate 180 degrees and swing. It turns out it was one of my teammates who were trying to "help", and this I realize only after the swing was landed. Unfortunately, guy didn't survive the hit. So, I rotate again and continue fighting the first guy. Another guy approaches. Now I am fighting to survive, and in the midst of all of this tked guy starts whining and crying: what abooout my appology? what about my appology?
Do you think I should have apologized?

EDIT: typo

Hell ye m8! i apologize even if it would've been caused by the autorelease, i always try to apologize as soon as possible     
I've done the same mistake as you did and i understand it was pure accident. And no matter does he whine or something like that apologize =)
If he starts doing/saying some shitty stuff after your apology ignore the futher apologizes towards him.
When in Rome, live as the Romans do; when elsewhere, live as they live elsewhere.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Kaikki on tasa-arvoisia. Toiset on vain tasa-arvoisempia kuin toiset.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2011, 08:38:16 pm »
+6
I try to apologize as soon as possible, but if I'm in the middle of a fight I'll finish it first. No point in harming your team even more just because someone can't wait 10 seconds for an apology.

Offline Wiltzu

• Sceptical
  • Duke
  • Renown: 665
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarin_Wiltzu
  • IRC nick: Wiltzu
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2011, 08:44:38 pm »
True. Don't stop fighting just to say sorry, but atleast say it when you die/at the begining of the next round
When in Rome, live as the Romans do; when elsewhere, live as they live elsewhere.

Kaikki on tasa-arvoisia. Toiset on vain tasa-arvoisempia kuin toiset.

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2011, 08:50:03 pm »
+1
I get more pissed off when someone TKs me and then dies writing sorry.  Apologize to me when you die dammit, focus on killing the other guys.

I suppose my mindset helps with this, I accept getting teamkilled as an inevitability thus when it happens I'm not too worried about it.  Same with getting shot, same with getting horse bumped, it's really not something you can stop, much like natural disasters.  It saves me a lot of headache by merely accepting it as it happens rather than complain about it.
-idlewind

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2011, 08:59:16 pm »
+3
Teamkilling then saying sorry happens quite often.

I'm more pissed at the teammates slashing or shooting at your back when you're in full health, fighting someone, wich stuns you, and the ennemy takes that opportunity to kill you. But you think they'll say sorry ? Nah... they didn't teamkilled anyone...

Just the hour before, i was going for a fight, was a 10v2 for my side, and i get shot. Obviously, it's the only archer in my team. Coincidence, the arrow came exactly from where he stand. I go to him, leaving the easy fight to my teammates, but the guy just continue shooting, as if nothing happened... I so wanted to hit him with my axe, to let him know how it felt like...

I agree revenge tk is stupid, but when people don't care about hurting teammates, they should really receive a sort of punishment... they're ruining the fun of all their teammates.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2011, 09:02:49 pm »
That is a total lie, your just trying to cover up that you teamkilled me from behind, for I dont know how many times now. 15th? Pretty low to keep tking me just because you don't have the balls to take the punishment for intentional teamkilling earlier.

I may have accidentally team killed you maybe twice in the past 2 months and once I apologised, you team-killed me at a later date and when I complained that you didn't apologise your response was something along the lines of, "I doubt anyone will believe anything you say now", wow nice apology, now you're claiming I've team-killed you 15 times? Wtf. Where do you get these numbers from, your arse?

I was right in claiming you hold grudges against players, considering the whole dramas around your conduct took place weeks ago, I thought you might have dropped your foul devious behaviour since then, yet I just see you continuing to be devious and attempting to provoke a rage-team kill response from me, to what aim? Hmm not hard to figure that out.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 09:07:41 pm by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2011, 09:03:17 pm »
+1
1 thing I don't like is when someone tries to type sorry when they should be focusing on a possible nearby enemy. Type it when it's safe.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2011, 09:03:50 pm »
1 thing I don't like is when someone tries to type sorry when they should be focusing on a possible nearby enemy. Type it when it's safe.

This 100%.

I also need to remember that my polearm no longer goes through teammates anymore...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2011, 09:30:23 pm »

I may have accidentally team killed you maybe twice in the past 2 months and once I apologised, you team-killed me at a later date and when I complained that you didn't apologise your response was something along the lines of, "I doubt anyone will believe anything you say now", wow nice apology, now you're claiming I've team-killed you 15 times? Wtf. Where do you get these numbers from, your arse?

I was right in claiming you hold grudges against players, considering the whole dramas around your conduct took place weeks ago, I thought you might have dropped your foul devious behaviour since then, yet I just see you continuing to be devious and attempting to provoke a rage-team kill response from me, to what aim? Hmm not hard to figure that out.

Lol, no one, including yourself, would believe this fantasy novel.

PS. If I have a grudge against you, why did I threat you equal to the guy you were teamkilling?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 09:33:45 pm by nuffen »

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2011, 09:37:00 pm »
+2
An apology by law--is not an apology at all.

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2011, 09:37:48 pm »
If you spec me, you'll see I say sorry in the middle of fights. I love macros :mrgreen:

Offline Ginosaji

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kukurutz, Whale_of_pure_Harmony, Topfentascherl, TRAFFIC_LIGHT
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2011, 09:43:21 pm »
If you spec me, you'll see I say sorry in the middle of fights. I love macros :mrgreen:

How can you sleep at night? :(

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2011, 09:46:57 pm »
I try to apologize as soon as possible, but if I'm in the middle of a fight I'll finish it first. No point in harming your team even more just because someone can't wait 10 seconds for an apology.

Quoted for truth

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2011, 10:07:37 pm »
Lol, no one, including yourself, would believe this fantasy novel.

PS. If I have a grudge against you, why did I threat you equal to the guy you were teamkilling?

If you treated me equally, you only did so after he already purposely tked me and only did so after you watched him team-hit me and then watched my reaction to this.

If you didn't have a grudge against me you wouldn't be trying to get me to team-kill you, by team-hitting me in the middle of the round when there are no enemies around, and this is especially clear as it was a plains type map, no enemies were near me and you even walked back towards me to hit me with your sword.

Fantasy? No, my version of events? Yes. I can't force people to believe me but I have little to gain by lying, actually I gain nothing at all, and even apparently so, when telling the truth, however when I see you trying to act like a saint after knowing you've behaved this way I can't help but call you out on that.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 10:11:30 pm by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2011, 10:15:34 pm »
If you treated me equally, you only did so after he already purposely tked me and only did so after you watched him team-hit me and then watched my reaction to this.

If you didn't have a grudge against me you wouldn't be trying to get me to team-kill you, by team-hitting me in the middle of the round when there are no enemies around, and this is especially clear as it was a plains type map, no enemies were near me and you even walked back towards me to hit me with your sword.

Fantasy? No, my version of events? Yes. I can't force people to believe me but I have little to gain by lying, actually I gain nothing at all, and even apparently so, when telling the truth, however when I see you trying to act like a saint after knowing you've behaved this way I can't help but call you out on that.

No one saw him attack back. I trusted you to be honest on this, but seeing how you make up stuff on the run, I think that was me misjuding your character. You are the kind of guy who could teamkill a guy a week after because you think he might have been hitting you by accident.

Grudge: Yes, you teamkilling me over 15 times, making several threads, and hijack topics like this one to try to get me, that is having a grudge. So far I've ONLY made posts about you to correct your accusations and lies, nothing more.