Author Topic: General increase in skill on EU1  (Read 9296 times)

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
Re: General increase in skill on EU1
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2011, 02:46:02 pm »
It could also be that with the recent Warband sale there were more newbies around, and then a bunch of them probably fell by the wayside, leaving the veteran players and STF alts behind.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 1328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2011, 03:03:44 pm »
And what happened to you, I was shocked when I saw you playing on heavy armor for the first time, I always remember you of playing on rags and wooden sword with that bicurious weird name, did you decide to stop gold farming?  :mrgreen:

there are some players that have a roleplay clothing: ex: you with rags and wooden sword.. randomdude that I remember always use a Flamberge and Mail Hauberk with easy.  But in your case that sentence "All thine hard work payeth off" doesnt help you at all  :lol:

I'm not made for heavy armor :(

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2011, 03:39:49 pm »
What I miss the most is the one vs 3/4 situations where I could take at least two guys. Right now I try feint strike and get blocked easily. It's actually a good thing, it's just that I miss total noobs in this game :(

about time we have less one-man-army situations... now if you face 3 or 4 melee infantry, you'd better think about what to do.. no more ramboing all the day.

and btw some time ago, the shogunate server was the one where the best players gathered.

- use a crushtrough weapon
- use a ranged weapon
- be a cav

It's much easier for those guys to play these days cause of higher melee skills of general server population.

not correct. as melee skill grows, awareness skill grows too, dodging ranged and looking for cover or less 0 shield skill builds.
cav is near grounded with the recent lance angle nerf and horses that goes from stop to max speed like a truck with a double trailer full of scrap metal.

you can't stab someone with your horse unless he's already engaged or a very noob one.

about crushthru, a decent 1h/shield will still outspam you with his 100ish speed weapon

about ranged, removing 2IF and adding 2shield skill points work wonders.

in the end, people keeps playing, skill grows. if you fight against better players than you, your skill improve. if you fight noobs all day, your skill will decay. skill wise, there is nothing worse than going butchering peasants or newcomers. once you go back fighting good players, you'll get rolled.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2011, 03:55:26 pm »
warpigs_malaostia or whats his name is the 2hander. and no i wont accuse someone here.  devs will find out sooner or later if the dude should be cheating.

It's not that hard to outcome malahostia and I'm not trying to bash him, but it's a long shot till he becomes one of the best 2 handers on EU, since he's a STR 2 hander with simple release / feints that give major damage, who has a real hard time to block simple hold attacks.

Not focusing in that simple example, after all this time of gameplay, people tend to improve skills (or go pure archers/arbalests/shielders/cav LOL I MAED A PHUN), and it's normal to encounter improved challenges.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2011, 04:01:58 pm »
It's not that hard to outcome

I heard it is quite easy to outcome your sistah? Whaddya say to that?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2011, 04:02:28 pm »
I think people are also mistaking good KDR for player skill.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 04:21:17 pm by Vibe »

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2011, 04:20:15 pm »
It's not that hard to outcome malahostia and I'm not trying to bash him, but it's a long shot till he becomes one of the best 2 handers on EU, since he's a STR 2 hander with simple release / feints that give major damage, who has a real hard time to block simple hold attacks.

well he's not one of the best 2hers but about simple attacks and holds, you should know that you can't really feint with unbalanced weapons. and he use the war cleaver most of the time... that's why there are very few people that can cut thru a good blocker with unbalanced weapons like darkfox did when he was rolling with the 2h great bardiche.

all this to say that is rather easy to be effective 1vs1 with a DGS/GGS/etc than with a great bardiche/great axe/war cleaver... those weapons hit hard but every mistake is either a teamkill or a free enemy counterattack.

I think a lot of time people are also mistaking good KD for player skill.

also. but since we're arguing about merely fighting skill without considering the teamwork value, in this context, k/d bring (sadly) some sort of proof.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 04:24:08 pm by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2011, 04:21:18 pm »
Discussions about skill are always so pretentious, anyway.  8-)

I know because to my regret I participate in way too many of them, I blame my e-peen.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2011, 05:08:10 pm »
+1
I don't think people are a lot better all of a sudden. It's a very gradual change. I also disagree with the level of skill on eu 1 some people state here. It's still pretty easy to get kills, its not that you need 10+ seconds for everyone.

Although I remember using the overhead attack a lot, cause people had trouble blocking it. Now I don't consider it a better attack anymore, people seem to block it as easily as the others. Still, hiltslashing is a technique almost all have trouble with. Chase gets a lot of his kills by constant hiltslashes.

All in all I still think its time for a weaponmaster buff. The game has been gradually speednerfed and it's time we seperate the average from the good. We need a little flatter wpf curve. So str builds have less, agi builds have significantly higher wpf than they have now. This would also fix the str/agi imbalance.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2011, 05:43:25 pm »
well he's not one of the best 2hers but about simple attacks and holds, you should know that you can't really feint with unbalanced weapons. and he use the war cleaver most of the time... that's why there are very few people that can cut thru a good blocker with unbalanced weapons like darkfox did when he was rolling with the 2h great bardiche.

all this to say that is rather easy to be effective 1vs1 with a DGS/GGS/etc than with a great bardiche/great axe/war cleaver... those weapons hit hard but every mistake is either a teamkill or a free enemy counterattack.

also. but since we're arguing about merely fighting skill without considering the teamwork value, in this context, k/d bring (sadly) some sort of proof.

You're confusing him with other warpigs, he is almost all the time using a mw danish with swing attacks.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2011, 08:24:39 pm »
skill is relative :D im not a good 2h :P sometimes im in the top 5 on eu1 sometimes i top eu1 sometimes im in the middle :P it all depends on map luck team mates and enemies :D you might get lucky and have a stacked team who plows through and you end up with 20-3 or you might end up on a crap team and everyone can block :D still its all fun!
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2011, 08:38:44 pm »
i always top scorebord, but i have no skill :P

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2011, 08:42:13 pm »
skill is relative

talking about general skill, involves an absolute value.

im not a good 2h :P

we agree on that

sometimes im in the top 5 on eu1 sometimes i top eu1 sometimes im in the middle :P it all depends on map luck team mates and enemies :D you might get lucky and have a stacked team who plows through and you end up with 20-3 or you might end up on a crap team and everyone can block :D still its all fun!

someone should know if he's playing shite or not by actually thinking about it... scoreboard means nothing... as you could play at 100% but if the autobalance screws it up, or you have an all inf team while the other team is mixed with ranged and cav in a plain map, the score will sucks. so k/d=skill is pretty retarded.

i always top scorebord, but i have no skill :P

well you play in NA don't you?

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2011, 08:48:13 pm »
+2
ok *adds corrado to the list of people never to talk to* instead of trying to add anything to the convo you try to act like an ass! grats! and i didnt actually say KDR = skill so erm fuck yourself? :P sometimes i kill loads of people sometimes i dont. but ill look for you anyway :P
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2011, 09:22:55 pm »
ok *adds corrado to the list of people never to talk to* instead of trying to add anything to the convo you try to act like an ass! grats! and i didnt actually say KDR = skill so erm fuck yourself? :P sometimes i kill loads of people sometimes i dont. but ill look for you anyway :P

i added my thoughts earlier while you wrote 3 lines of nonsense just to put in "i top scoreboards". oh am i arguing with a templar? ffs... but btw the way... do you care that much about my opinion on your skill level? wow you must be one that play and constantly look the scoreboard, focusing on topping it in the hope someonelse will notice... if this is the case, you're sick.

sometimes i kill loads of people sometimes i dont

besides the fact that speaking of truth you're the very end of the food chain... someone cares about?

but ill look for you anyway

i don't... i'll let you come to me... you're not worth the walk.... so easy to troll those tempLOLars...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 09:26:48 pm by Corrado_Decimo »