Author Topic: General increase in skill on EU1  (Read 9250 times)

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
Re: General increase in skill on EU1
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2011, 01:18:22 pm »

When I say one of the best I usually mean the top 10 not some mere above-average 2hander.
There is a list?
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2011, 01:23:20 pm »
Not a conclusive one.

And I think lists like that are better kept under silent agreement, anyway.

When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2011, 01:26:07 pm »
+1
There is a list?
sure their is a list

phyrex : 33 cm
Goretooth : 27 cm
Bjord  : 25 cm
Xant  : 22 cm

and so on  :mrgreen:

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2011, 01:26:58 pm »
sure their is a list

I lolled...
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2011, 01:27:35 pm »
Goretooth a two hander? I though he uses only bec. Besides, I am pretty sure he would like to be described in inches.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2011, 01:29:36 pm »
e-peen size?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2011, 01:33:41 pm »
sure their is a list

Sadly mine is only 20cm..
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1933
  • Infamy: 2858
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2011, 01:50:07 pm »
so... how about we stop all this omg autoblock talk and you guys just write down those names for yourself and check next time we do an autoblock wave?

it's so fucking lame to have this turn into a counter strike like community EVERYONE IS HACKING thing...

I said nothing about autoblocking but I do find it strange that many people skilled up in last few weeks. It's really hard to kill someone with my average melee skills, I'm still usually in top 5 at the end of the map but that's thankfully to my loomed armor and ninja skills.

What I miss the most is the one vs 3/4 situations where I could take at least two guys. Right now I try feint strike and get blocked easily. It's actually a good thing, it's just that I miss total noobs in this game :(

Also why should we give you names, don't you have that little tool of yours which detects usage of hacking software. If someone hacks he'll eventually get banned. Calling out some people just to prove them being completely innocent would just make a fool of a person who did that :wink:

But those people are definately not hacking cause they can be killed, it's just that:

- hold attacks don't work anymore
- it's hard to get behind someone, people have much better awareness and footwork than before
- any feints beside the fastest and hardest to pull off don't work anymore

So there are two ways left, it's either to be like Chase with his perfect timing when to strike (I usually can't do that, partially due to some strange lag and my slowish reflexes) or approaching everyone on the battlefield like you're on the duel server with some crazy ass feints, with some strategy in mind which is very tiresome or:

- use a crushtrough weapon
- use a ranged weapon
- be a cav

It's much easier for those guys to play these days cause of higher melee skills of general server population.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2011, 01:55:34 pm »
It's because basic defensive melee skills are waaaaay easier to get than average offensive melee skills. And the same applies to average defense (what we have now) vs advanced offense.

As people play, anti-melee defensive skills prove to be the fastest to learn, and thus diminishing the overall effectiveness of melee.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2011, 01:56:53 pm »
I said nothing about autoblocking but I do find it strange that many people skilled up in last few weeks. It's really hard to kill someone with my average melee skills, I'm still usually in top 5 at the end of the map but that's thankfully to my loomed armor and ninja skills.

What I miss the most is the one vs 3/4 situations where I could take at least two guys. Right now I try feint strike and get blocked easily. It's actually a good thing, it's just that I miss total noobs in this game :(

Also why should we give you names, don't you have that little tool of yours which detects usage of hacking software. If someone hacks he'll eventually get banned. Calling out some people just to prove them being completely innocent would just make a fool of a person who did that :wink:

But those people are definately not hacking cause they can be killed, it's just that:

- hold attacks don't work anymore
- it's hard to get behind someone, people have much better awareness and footwork than before
- any feints beside the fastest and hardest to pull off don't work anymore

So there are two ways left, it's either to be like Chase with his perfect timing when to strike (I usually can't do that, partially due to some strange lag and my slowish reflexes) or approaching everyone on the battlefield like you're on the duel server with some crazy ass feints, with some strategy in mind which is very tiresome or:

- use a crushtrough weapon
- use a ranged weapon
- be a cav

It's much easier for those guys to play these days cause of higher melee skills of general server population.

as much as i enjoy bumping the shit out of anyone who cross my way, i still do enjoy the melee combat, true that i am usually on the losing side when it comes to melee situations, but at least i am improving...occasional hour or two on duel server and i am back on track, being able to slash down at least the nublestest nublets (just like me  :mrgreen:)

Offline dado

• Baron
  • Renown: 104
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TWISTED
  • Game nicks: TWISTED_FACE
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2011, 01:59:45 pm »
It's because basic defensive melee skills are waaaaay easier to get than average offensive melee skills. And the same applies to average defense (what we have now) vs advanced offense.

As people play, anti-melee defensive skills prove to be the fastest to learn, and thus diminishing the overall effectiveness of melee.
This.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2011, 02:02:48 pm »
While there's definitely been a general increase of skill, I think what Leshma describes is way exaggerated. Sure, you get more people who will block the most basic attacks very well, but there's still only a very small percentage of players who can block the more 'advanced' attacks, and compared to a year ago, there are only a few more people who can block long enough to be annoying.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2011, 02:07:21 pm »
There is a difference between being able to block correctly within a large amount of time and being attacked over and over, the real test is when it becomes a back and forth rally of non stop attack and defense, there are many people who can block attacks, but a fair amount of those break and crumble when they are pressured into blocking over and over in a very short amount of time.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2011, 02:31:15 pm »
i noticed an increase in skill after my forced break some time ago

"back in the day" a simple overhead used to work 90% of the time

now you have to circle someone and get behind them feinting from a slash to an overhead to have 50% chance of success

the average skill level has definately gone up and the best way to get kills is still to backstab

Offline Mithus

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2011, 02:40:25 pm »
Seriously, what's up with that?

Everywhere I see people blocking every regular attack, actually you need super feints and some serious footwork to hit them. Ten days ago many of them couldn't block anything now they block everything, have decent attack patterns...

Did whole battle server went to duel server and practices for day and night?

And what happened to you, I was shocked when I saw you playing on heavy armor for the first time, I always remember you of playing on rags and wooden sword with that bicurious weird name, did you decide to stop gold farming?  :mrgreen:

there are some players that have a roleplay clothing: ex: you with rags and wooden sword.. randomdude that I remember always use a Flamberge and Mail Hauberk with easy.  But in your case that sentence "All thine hard work payeth off" doesnt help you at all  :lol:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 02:46:35 pm by Mithus »